Proposal: Brady Tkachuk 4 Kaprizov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I sure as hell wouldn't trade Kaprizov straight up for Tkachuk. Kaprizov is simply the better player.

Yet not a single poster has said they’d trade Brady straight up for him. Neither team does this is the only correct answer. If Minnesota decides they need to move on, Brady would be an excellent return

Reactions: ctmagic

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yet not a single poster has said they’d trade Brady straight up for him. Neither team does this is the only correct answer. If Minnesota decides they need to move on, Brady would be an excellent return

Okay, so I said neither team does it in my post, but that's not the answer to the question. The question was which team adds. The answer, in my opinion, is Ottawa. If others disagree with me, okay...

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Okay, so I said neither team does it in my post, but that's not the answer to the question. The question was which team adds. The answer, in my opinion, is Ottawa. If others disagree with me, okay...

Fair enough. I think Tkachuk would be more desirable league wide. But I do agree neither team does this.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
kaprizov is a tier above, but IMO at this point a much bigger headache and a much bigger flight risk.

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I think that the Senators would have to add, but not much. Tkachuk is really good too.

The next question concerns whether Kaprizov would sign with Ottawa. I think yes, just like he would also sign with Minnesota. The issue isn't getting him signed and in camp, though. The issue is the kind of contract terms he's looking for, right now. His camp is seemingly looking at a shorter deal, to position himself to either make bank with UFA leverage at the earliest opportunity, possibly even in a re-up scenario for eight years, or else to make an independent decision about somewhere else to play at the earliest opportunity (for seven years max).

So in my view, yes, he would sign for 2 or 3 years with Ottawa. He'd also sign with Minnesota for that kind of term, of course. Whether the team could depress wages much is not really clear, since the Wild hasn't been too willing to discuss this kind of short deal, for any dollars, so far.

In my view, the player owes the team a discount if the deal is short, though. It's a pure RFA bridge deal, if that's what he wants, and those deals should be for less dollars. Teams should not have to pay top dollar for players' RFA years.

Of course, my sense is that Tkachuk is similarly looking at a shorter deal. Now that is a problem.

The issue with these two negotiations is that in both cases, the player's desire for a shorter deal, which doesn't eat into his UFA years, is creating an intractable problem for the team with whom the player is negotiating. So a trade doesn't seem to solve either team's problem. Each team appears to want some of their star player's UFA years.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Pretty interesting proposal actually when you consider just what they bring to the rink, contract squabbles aside.

I imagine Bill Guerin would consider it, given the style of hockey he played. The Tkachuk name carries a certain cachet in the NHL.

Reactions: ctmagic

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Sens say no. Not about points.

It obviously isn't about defense either because it isn't like Tkachuk bridges the gap that way

I don’t think this caliber of trade could occur, but I’d rather have Tkachuk. Great all around player who contributes a lot outside of his solid offensive production

lol What? He's horrendous defensively. If what you mean is "he hits" then sure but that's the end of those contributions.

Reactions: Just Linda

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Buffalo has been saying that for yeaaaars. EDM too, and it took a decade for that to actually shake out somewhat.

Anyway if I were Ottawa I'd be disinclined. Also I think i'd rather just let Kaprizov sit and pout than give in.

How many players have those teams developed? Ottawa has a better track record than the two of those teams combined. Hell, Ottawa has had more playoff success the past 5 years than any team mentioned in this thread. I don't know why people are saying Ottawa doesn't have a bright future - they easily have one of the best in the league. The issue is once they finally get over the hump is prolonged success due to Menlyk being a cheap ass.

Reactions: MrInvidious

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Sens aren't interested in a loser like Kaprizov. They want to build a winning team can't have that mentality poison the room during the formative years.

Reactions: Ciao

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Sens aren't interested in a loser like Kaprizov. They want to build a winning team can't have that mentality poison the room during the formative years.
If you knew anything about Kaprizov you’d know he isn’t a loser. And what mentality are you talking about? Trying to negotiate the best contract? Guess you better trade that loser Tkachuk then.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
If you knew anything about Kaprizov you’d know he isn’t a loser. And what mentality are you talking about? Trying to negotiate the best contract? Guess you better trade that loser Tkachuk then.
Kaprizov is trying to negotiate a franchise crippling contract after half a season <PPG. Didnt take the 9.5 x 8 thats been reported so he can go to Russia.

Reactions: RickyLafleur

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Kaprizov is trying to negotiate a franchise crippling contract after half a season <PPG. Didnt take the 9.5 x 8 thats been reported so he can go to Russia.
So clearly you’re misinformed. Kaprizov’s camp wants 3 years because it’s the fastest route to UFA and a large second contract (like Panarin). Minnesota wanted 8 years at $9M per. Now Minnesota wants 5 years about the same AAV. I believe it’s been agreed upon but there is still a lot of other things to iron out. There is no way this is a “franchise crippling” contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad