Brad Treliving is doing a great job.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
If we eliminate the Core Five, that means 16 skaters of a 23 man roster are considered "supporting cast." Of those 16, 8 are Treliving editions and 4 are promotions. That's 12/16 of the supporting cast changed. If that doesn't count as a "huge turnover" I don't know what does.

If we eliminate all of the players that were here before Treliving then 100% are Treliving additions...

The majority of the team (and most of the important players) are not new...

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
If we eliminate all of the players that were here before Treliving then 100% are Treliving additions...

The majority of the team (and most of the important players) are not new...

I "eliminated" the Core Five because you said "the supporting cast is largely the same." Core players obviously do not count as supporting players. They're the foundation with which to build a contending team around.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I "eliminated" the Core Five because you said "the supporting cast is largely the same." Core players obviously do not count as supporting players. They're the foundation with which to build a contending team around.

Pacioretty is likely not going to be a full-timer, and Reaves will likely follow suit (Dewar/Jarnkrok/trade).

So that is 2 forwards, 3 D, and 1 goalie.

So 6/15 is still not a lot.

This offseason was a million times better than last, but this is largely the same sort of team and philosophy that has existed with the team for the last 8 years.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Another word for "Dubists" is Leafs fans, no one is actually a fan of a GM... This post is weird and detached from reality, this is thinking that fans of a team are upset with a good start to the season... idiotic really.

I hope that 80% of the signings work out like they currently are, but I'll be shocked if they maintain their play through the whole season.

Stolarz likely won't have a .940 this season.

Lorentz likely won't be putting up many two-point games but will be hard on the forecheck, defensively responsible, and contribute randomly.

OEL has been good, I can see that continuing, and Tanev has been good, I can see that continuing, the issue with both those contracts were they are gambles.

Liljegren looks like a bad contract.

Pacioretty looks like a waste (but won't be here for 10 games, so who cares).

Woll currently looks like a bad contract, but I still have faith he can rebound, even if the contract is based on potential and not play.

Also, if this team works, it proves that Dubas was right for keeping the core together... so I'm not sure why people would think this is somehow bad for Dubas.

It proves that most of this board was wrong for wanting some of the core gone.

That's not true there were A LOT of people that were fans of the GM when Dubas was here, and I'm not just talking about on this board although they existed here too.

If I recall Seigel and Mirtle actually called it a time to mourn after Dubas got fired.

To say nobody was a fan of the GM just isn't true.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
It's only a few games in and he's aging (so it might take a bit longer to get going,) but Tavares isn't looking great this year imo. I've thought people were a bit too hard on him the past couple years but I could see his production drop again this year.

I hope management is very careful with what they do here. I can still see it potentially working if they sign him fairly cheap as a 3C. Other teams will likely offer him too much (like Stamkos) and I really hope they let him walk if that's the case.

Reactions: leafs in five
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Im sure ownership wanted to avoid an entire season of media speculation on whether Huberdeau & Weegar would resign.

This. They had just lost two key pieces of their team and wanted to make sure the same thing didn't happen again next summer. The contracts included a Calgary tax where they needed to prove that players actually want to stay there. And, of course, ownership refused to do a proper rebuild and wanted the team to remain competitive leading up to the new arena (they finally embraced the tear down last year)

That's why people shouldn't really compare Tre's Calgary situation to here. Apples to oranges.

Reactions: 1specter

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
This offseason was a million times better than last, but this is largely the same sort of team and philosophy that has existed with the team for the last 8 years.
Tre looks pretty amazing at this stage.

It’s early days but if things stay half this good he’s been a success.

Stolarz is hiding deficiencies mind you.

But it’s a great spot to be !!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad