GDT: Game #5 - Los Angeles Kings Vs Montreal Canadiens - Oct 17th 2024, 7:00pm EST - TSN2, RDS - In Memoriam

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Kapanen still on the wing on game #5 :shakehead
They scrambled the D pairs the last 3 games and he still haven't officially changed them for the starting line-up. Hutson/Guhle has played more together at 5v5 than Matheson/Guhle at this point.

Aka, the starting line-up doesn't always represent what happens in-game.

Naturalstatstrick listed the line as Heineman-Kapanen-Dvorak for the Penguins game (it was Heineman-Dvorak-Kapanen against the Sens). Dvorak took 4 faceoffs at 5v5, Kapanen took 3.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
MSL is smart just like the PP he's keeping his real intentions secret. D pairs will be changed on the fly.

This league is a video league it's all they do, advanced scouting.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
We really need that second line going, and more stability from Savard. Among other things that we also need.

Reactions: BLONG7

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We really need that second line going, and more stability from Savard. Among other things that we also need.
It isn't Savard or any of the rest of the D, it's the system they are having a tough time with. I am not a coach or a technical defensive instructor but we are making it very easy for teams to break out and cruise into our zone. Others have mentioned the fact that it looks like the opposition is on a pp even though it's 5v5.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It isn't Savard or any of the rest of the D, it's the system they are having a tough time with. I am not a coach or a technical defensive instructor but we are making it very easy for teams to break out and cruise into our zone. Others have mentioned the fact that it looks like the opposition is on a pp even though it's 5v5.
This............has been going on for 3 seasons now. Weird how the coaches have not changed things up. We chase the game in our own end every night.

Reactions: OldCraig71

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
We are because, we lose a great deal of board battles. That's beyond a system imho, that's like we're still in preseason trying to sync.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Not to let the inexperienced coaching staff off the hook, but our wingers lack aggression and just suck defensively. How many times do we see a winger back off and give up the ice in their own zone when they had every opportunity to be first on a loose puck. You don’t need to be coached in the NHL to know you’re supposed to get the puck when it’s there for your taking.

Reactions: thebestnic

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Too many pictures of Bergevin and I'm angry.

I'm calling the administrator of this website as we're good friends.

black-guy-on-phone-meme-.jpg

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Early game against LA takes me back to Saku koivu's first ever nhl goal.

Also brunet scored an absolute beauty in that game too.
I remember first LA game after Habs won the cup (good times). It was a rumble in the bronx that game. Carbo got nailed by Sydor and all hell broke loose.

Can't believe I remember this... and yet don't remember what I did yesterday.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Today is Big Play Dave's 800th game, and he will finally break out the toe drag from hell for the first time this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad