TSN: Brad Richards NOT being bought out

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
can we be looking at a...

Kreider Stepan Nash
Richards Brassard Zucc
Hagelin Boyle Callahan (Checking line)
whatever's left line

...forward group?

Probably, and that absolutely sucks. When are we gonna have a 4th line and not a whatever's left line?

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
What does being young have to do with anything? I'm young, and I think saying that 6 years of playoffs with no cup is better than 1 cup and then no playoffs for six years is asinine.

I meant it as far as how far the ranger team has come from Hollweegs etc...

This still is a good time to be a ranger fan

But to answer that question I want a cup so I would prob. Choose a cup over first round knock outs ( especially considering I have season tickets and hate paying for a team I know isn't going far in the playoffs)

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
What does being young have to do with anything? I'm young, and I think saying that 6 years of playoffs with no cup is better than 1 cup and then no playoffs for six years is asinine.

Yes, I agree. 6 years of playoffs with getting to within 1 goal of winning the Cup is just as successful as not making the playoffs at all, result-wise.

Bottom line is the Stanley Cup.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I meant it as far as how far the ranger team has come from Hollweegs etc...

This still is a good time to be a ranger fan

But to answer that question I want a cup so I would prob. Choose a cup over first round knock outs ( especially considering I have season tickets and hate paying for a team I know isn't going far in the playoffs)

But you wouldn't mind paying for 6 seasons of tickets when the team isn't close to contending?

Is a cup really worth that? I don't see it. Maybe I'm alone in this.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
He had bad games, but was the only reason this team wasn't an utter embarrassment. He had the 2nd best season of his career. He allowed slightly over 2 GAA and people think he had an off season? Wow. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

He could have had a better season, is what I'm saying. Instead of training, he was complaining on twitter about the NHL and the SEL.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
well it is what it is. Pray Richards does well and doesnt get hurt

Richards, Stepan, Brassard, sign Lapiere for lesser hit than Boyle .Deal Boyle

I am thinking Sather does indeed deal either DZ or Staal since they have 4LD. If so he better get an offensive RD to go with Girardi and Stralman

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Probably, and that absolutely sucks. When are we gonna have a 4th line and not a whatever's left line?

Dorsett Powe Pyatt?

the concept is ok. powe and dorsett are good skaters. dorsett is a lunatic for energy and pyatt is a very good board player to keep the puck in the offensive zone for a while.

InvalidBeard

Aug 11, 2008
NJ
You are right , but I just have a feeling like he is gonna come out next season flying. I could be wrong but if I had to bet I would say he is gonna be one of our better players ( not getting into point totals etc)

You have a bet my friend.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Yes, I agree. 6 years of playoffs with getting to within 1 goal of winning the Cup is just as successful as not making the playoffs at all, result-wise.

Bottom line is the Stanley Cup.

Thats just.. I don't even know what to say.

The joy of watching the team make the run is the fun in sports. Yeah it sucks to lose in the end. But you'd feel the same about playing 0 playoff games as oposed to winning 15 of them?

I can't even fathom how people would accept that.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
I don't see why its asinine. You don't have to be boom or bust. Look at the recent cup winners. They are contenders every season.

How fun will 6 terrible seasons be?

But you are guaranteed a Cup win. It doesn't matter much if you compete but don't win those 6 years.

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Most of these posts are rational and address what many journalists and hockey insiders have been talking about: the injury and cap penalty risk.

I read a lot of this board and most of the posts are over reactions and peopling wanting to trade the farm for whatever big name is available. You win building the team as a team together. You don't shuffle the deck.

I agree Richards has to be bought out next season if not this season. But I think he is still gonna be one of the better players on the team. But that's just me.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Dorsett Powe Pyatt?

the concept is ok. powe and dorsett are good skaters. dorsett is a lunatic for energy and pyatt is a very good board player to keep the puck in the offensive zone for a while.

OK but did you notice that it's the same exact forward group that just got absolutely sliced by the Bruins a few weeks ago? We're going in with the same team?

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008

The joy of watching the team make the run is the fun in sports. Yeah it sucks to lose in the end. But you'd feel the same about playing 0 playoff games as oposed to winning 15 of them?

I said result-wise, not emotion-wise.

Last year was my favorite year as a fan. One hell of a run. But result-wise? A failure.

Kershaw

He could have had a better season, is what I'm saying. Instead of training, he was complaining on twitter about the NHL and the SEL.

But how much better can you be than a Vezina nominee, top 5 in sv% and GAA and posting the 2nd best numbers in your career for a single season? What do you expect from Lundqvist each season? Those are along his career lines, in fact numbers wise, this is Lundqvist's 2nd best season.

Lundqvist = Scapegoat imo

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I don't care if he has a 80 point season. The fact is he's 33 and signed until 2020 at $6.6 million per year.

Look at this way: John Tavares is being paid over a million dollars LESS than Richards, and he's young and triple the player Brad Richards ever was, and he'll only get better. This is a bad move from a financial standpoint. He's a player worth half his salary hit at MOST. That $6.6 million in cap space can be the difference between a playoff contender and a deep team that can win the Cup.

The good news is he can still potentially be bought out next summer. The bad news is an injury can really wreck the team. Too much risk without much reward.

Honestly, at $6.6 million a year, what should you expect in production and what will get get? I HATE this move.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

No it isn't. Winning is the fun. Getting there is torture. I wanna win the Cup but I don't ever again wanna go through what the Rangers did to us in the 2012 playoffs. Those playoffs were a **** show.

I loved that team and I very often go back and watch their regular season games. Aside from game 5 against the Caps, I rarely touch the playoff games, they were awful.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
So what you're saying is that because he posted his 2nd best career SV%, he didn't have any bad games or give up terrible goals? Sorry, but I don't give a **** about his SV%. He wasn't that great last year and the start to his season was awful under his standards.

Yes let's discount statistics when it comes one of the leagues best goaltenders last year. Yes, he got off to a slow start then what ?? He was lights out on a Ranger team that made puck possession look as rare as a Darrell Powe score sheet appearance.

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
But you wouldn't mind paying for 6 seasons of tickets when the team isn't close to contending?

Is a cup really worth that? I don't see it. Maybe I'm alone in this.

I have nothing better to do lol . The playoffs is what kills me because the increase in price and you have to pay for 4 games per round even though you know they aren't gonna get home ice advantage.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
I read a lot of this board and most of the posts are over reactions and peopling wanting to trade the farm for whatever big name is available. You win building the team as a team together. You don't shuffle the deck.

I agree Richards has to be bought out next season if not this season. But I think he is still gonna be one of the better players on the team. But that's just me.

I hope so. We need him to be better.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
OK. Big roll of the dice here.

One can only guess/hope that these discussions were pretty intense and that the right choice has been made.

Richards is going to have to come out of the gate like a man possessed... and that is my biggest worry. He could not handle the pressure this season. What leads anyone to believe that next season will be any different?

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
OK but did you notice that it's the same exact forward group that just got absolutely sliced by the Bruins a few weeks ago? We're going in with the same team?

those players are under contract so i wudnt expect much change. we had leads in the 3rd period of 2 games we lost in that series, i dont think we got absolutely sliced especially when we were without our best dman.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
those players are under contract so i wudnt expect much change. we had leads in the 3rd period of 2 games we lost in that series, i dont think we got absolutely sliced especially when we were without our best dman.

We got embarrassed. The only reason we had leads or any of the games were close is because of Lundqvist. We were outplayed in every minute of every game.

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
Brassard is good but wtf is with all the "move stepan" thing before him? Steps is either our 1st or 2nd line center. My god, is Brassard revered as some god now? 44 points, 2nd in goals, played well most of the year. Brassard had a good playoffs but jeeze, Stepan is better than him .

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
Richards to LW then?

I can't imagine they'll use any of the 3 as "third line center"

Steps is capable but that's a waste.

I think Richards to LW is the best option as this point, I'd like to see Stepan, Brassard, Boyle, and Lindberg down the center but AV may get one of his guys to be a 4th line center. Moving a player on the decline from center to winger here has been quite popular and more successful than we think
Prospal
Lindros
Straka
Rucchin
And that's just off the top of my head, we will see but Richards is not a 3rd line center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad