TSN: Brad Richards NOT being bought out

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
A. 1 cup followed by 6 playoff less seasons

B. 0 cups with 6 playoff appearences maybe a trip to the conference finals and perhaps a loss in the cup finals

i'll take B anyday of the week.

um. the goal is to win a Stanley Cup...option A everytime.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
So we should expect the same play? :sarcasm:

No, because now he's actually going to exercise instead of doing those charity hockey games.

Unlike most players, he didn't do **** last year. Nash, Stepan, and McDonagh all played in Europe last year. Richards didn't do ****. Maybe this is why he played how he did.

Bardof425*

Well thats the God damn problem isnt it? Most successfully run franchises do.

No they don't. They all take calculated risks. The Rangers are betting that he doesn't get hurt and can be bought out next year if need be. No risk/no reward.

InvalidBeard

Aug 11, 2008
NJ
No, because now he's actually going to exercise instead of doing those charity hockey games.

Unlike most players, he didn't do **** last year. Nash, Stepan, and McDonagh all played in Europe last year. Richards didn't do ****. Maybe this is why he played how he did.

And that inspires confidence why?

Kershaw

Lot's of players didn't play hockey over the lockout. Callahan, Girardi and Lundqvist.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lol looks like we're not improving the team this year. Sather thinks we're gonna just slap a new coach on this team and it instantly becomes a contender.

Not if its followed by 6 years where the team isn't competitve. Sure it would be great to win the cup, but if the next 6 years of hockey are ruined, its not worth it to me..

There's alot of teams out there who have never won one who would sell everything for ours in '94. You can't even put a price on a Cup.

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
The decision not to buyout Richards reeks of Dolan as it seemed everyone else wanted him gone. To say I'm shocked wouldn't be correct as this franchise has a history of giving out bad contracts to over the hill players. Now 2 things could be happening:

1) Sather could be working on trading Richards, which would not shock me as we know how many teams were interested in acquiring him when he was a free agent

2) AV plans to use him as a winger to mask his deficiencies as I was hoping we would look like this down the center next season Stepan, Brassard, Boyle, Lindberg. With less pressure and responsibilities in the defensive zone he could focus on offense, ie Eric Lindros when he was moved to wing as a Ranger. Now will Richards be successful, who knows, but his days as a top 6 center are over. He was signed to play center with Gaborik, Gabby is gone and Richards should be too.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
A. 1 cup followed by 6 playoff less seasons

B. 0 cups with 6 playoff appearences maybe a trip to the conference finals and perhaps a loss in the cup finals

i'll take B anyday of the week.

I disagree.

My point was, 1 Cup now and a long drought later, or 2 or more cups in the near future?

*Bob Richards*

Understood, but you'd think he'd eventually regain some conditioning as the season progressed and he did just the opposite.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Lol looks like we're not improving the team this year. Sather thinks we're gonna just slap a new coach on this team and it instantly becomes a contender.

There's alot of teams out there who have never won one who would sell everything for ours in '94. You can't even put a price on a Cup.

Many people say the Rangers "sold their soul" in 94. Emptied out the prospect cubbard. I was too young to know.

I started watching in late 96 97 season, and then grew up on Rangers teams that I loved but we all know missed the playoffs for 7 seasons in a row.

I don't want to see that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad