Brad Marchand

1 Timer

Aug 23, 2009
Howell, NJ
That edge he plays with is what makes him so good. You take the chippy or cheap behavior out of his game he will not be the same player. Islander fan who would kill to have a player like that even if he can hurt you sometimes with penalties or suspensions. Can't teach that edge he has.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
He’s bad for the game - what he did last night after taking that trophy and rubbing it in long suffering Leafs fans is an outrage

would Dave Keon or Red Kelly do that

they need to cancel that part of HOF festivities or at least not schedule Boston during this game

my apologies but I missed it, and am too Getzlaf to go back read the thread, care to explain?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
my apologies but I missed it, and am too Getzlaf to go back read the thread, care to explain?
I was kidding

I’ll say though as a Bruins season ticket holder on my 36th year (I was there last night and every October game) and go back as a yute to 1966 going - my parents had tickets I took over since late 40’s? I’ve seen every villain for 50 years

if Brad Marchand was ever drafted by Montreal and doing this against Boston he would be the most hated opponent in Boston hockey history

nobody hates like Boston fans and the Mount Rushmore of villains would have Ulf Samuelson and Claude Lemieux in it but my guess Marchand would be hated enough to have his own Mountain

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
He’s def scared of Tom Wilson
I know Wilson has a thing for McAvoys stick, held it for 2 minutes, he could not get enough of it.:sarcasm:

Marchand is an elite player, he does dumb things that over shadow just how good he is. Other than Sid no one else is better at holding on the puck using his edge work. He hounds it and rarely takes a shift off or gets knocked down.

Reactions: max21

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He’s def scared of Tom Wilson
0,0 he’s scared but I get what you mean

He’s not stupid

I don’t think Wilson is really scared of Chara

likewise he’s not stupid

as Dirty Harry said an man’s got to know his limitations’

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

Screenshot_20191117-050229_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueDream and max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Marchand is obviously not in Wilson’s weight class, that wouldn’t be a fair tilt. Yes he’s a more effective player than Wilson also, that goes without saying. I’m also not sure that he’s “petrified” of Chara, theirs no real proof of that. But their is proof that Marchand is scared of Wilson, ever since the Eller debacle Wilson has chirped Marchand on a few occasions and he hasn’t answered nor has any other Players on the Bruins. But I think we can all agree if the Caps and the Bruins had a series this year that would be awesome

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Marchand is obviously not in Wilson’s weight class, that wouldn’t be a fair tilt. Yes he’s a more effective player than Wilson also, that goes without saying. I’m also not sure that he’s “petrified” of Chara, theirs no real proof of that. But their is proof that Marchand is scared of Wilson, ever since the Eller debacle Wilson has chirped Marchand on a few occasions and he hasn’t answered nor has any other Players on the Bruins. But I think we can all agree if the Caps and the Bruins had a series this year that would be awesome

Hilarious that Eller has to send out Wilson against the 5-foot-5 guy who destroyed him.

Reactions: burstnbloom

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Hilarious that Eller has to send out Wilson against the 5-foot-5 guy who destroyed him.
Lol good try, Eller responded to Marchand the next game in Boston after we destroyed the Bruins 7-0. Marchand wanted nothing to do with it

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
That edge he plays with is what makes him so good. You take the chippy or cheap behavior out of his game he will not be the same player. Islander fan who would kill to have a player like that even if he can hurt you sometimes with penalties or suspensions. Can't teach that edge he has.

He never backs up that edge though. Always scurries behind an official when someone stands up to him.
He's talented, sure, but not someone who will be missed when he hangs them up.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Lol good try, Eller responded to Marchand the next game in Boston after we destroyed the Bruins 7-0. Marchand wanted nothing to do with it

Marchand fights when his emotions are running high due to things happening in the game, he isn't just going to lineup with someone for the sake of a rematch.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
He never backs up that edge though. Always scurries behind an official when someone stands up to him.
He's talented, sure, but not someone who will be missed when he hangs them up.

Marchand has a bunch of fights. He dropped the gloves earlier this year. He's not afraid to back up anything. If you watch the stupid clip above he gets tripped by the ref.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Yeah, in your imaginary world. Marchand would bust up Eller again any time. He crushed him the first time even after he let Eller take the first swing.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Marchand has a bunch of fights. He dropped the gloves earlier this year. He's not afraid to back up anything. If you watch the stupid clip above he gets tripped by the ref.

I agree with the others that Marchand should not be fighting period, especially against Tom Wilson. He is just too valuable to Boston. Just like Wilson is getting too valuable to Washington to continue his antics from earlier in his career.

But it was not a trip by the ref. Here's the angle from the NESN feed:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
He’s bad for the game - what he did last night after taking that trophy and rubbing it in long suffering Leafs fans is an outrage

would Dave Keon or Red Kelly do that

they need to cancel that part of HOF festivities or at least not schedule Boston during this game

LEAGUE NEEDS STORIES. GOOD STORY REQUIRES A GOOD VILLAIN.

FOR 30 TEAMS OF THE LEAGUE MARCHAND IS THE VILLAIN.

AND A REALLY GOOD ONE.

THE FACT THAT SO MANY FANS HAVE A PLAYER TO HATE, CREATES MORE EMOTIONS FOR THE GAME, MORE PASSION.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I agree with the others that Marchand should not be fighting period, especially against Tom Wilson. He is just too valuable to Boston. Just like Wilson is getting too valuable to Washington to continue his antics from earlier in his career.

But it was not a trip by the ref. Here's the angle from the NESN feed:

Whaaaa? That makes it even more clear that he falls over the referees leg.

Pucker Factor 10

Serious guy who doesn't take things too seriously
Oct 26, 2019
The Frozen Tundra of Nanook
Either 1) someone told him to pipe it down a little or 2) he's grown up a little after getting caught crying last spring. I couldn't believe how subdued he was when he scored those 2 against the Leafs Friday night. Funny how humbling a bad line change that costs your team the Cup-clinching goal late in the 1st period of Game 7 can be.

Reactions: AD1066

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad