Brad Marchand

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I'd love to have him on my team.

I've always been a Marchand fan and I hate him but also know I'd love him if he were on the Leafs.

Crazy what him and Pasta are doing this year and Marchand has been amazing for several years now.

Doesn't matter if he's a punk to the opposition, he's both a master pest (in this day and age of the NHL) and also one of the best scorers in the league.

You'd be mad to not want him on your team if you like winning.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Boston Globe hockey notes 7/7/2024

Tampa Bay coach Jon Cooper will call the shots behind Canada’s entry. The two-time Cup champ flashed a smile in Las Vegas, just prior to the draft last weekend, when asked what it will be like to have Bruins captain Brad Marchand under his direction.

“I’ll tell you a story,” said the ever-gracious Cooper. “We had the All-Star game in Tampa [in 2018] . . . My mother, who unfortunately recently passed, she was a huge Brad Marchand fan. And all she wanted to do was meet him.”

Fulfilling the role of dutiful son, Cooper sought out Marchand at one of the gala reception gigs that weekend. Anything for mom. No surprise, Marchand turned on the charm like it was water pouring out the back end of a Zamboni.

“I had to seek out Brad . . . for my mom,” recalled Cooper, a slight trace of mock pain in his voice. “And he could not have been more of a gentleman. He took the best pictures with her. He was fired up because he was taller than her and that was good for him. Really, he made my mom’s night and I can’t thank him enough.”

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Good stuff …..just to add about Jon Cooper. As a Bruins fan I love this guy but wish in hindsight the Tampa 2019 ran the table

That 2019 was an all timer and imo should have rolled - my view that was far and away their best team

Looking back I would have saved a crap load of money, time, and therapy had Tampa just taken out Bruins in 6 in round 2 in 2019

Other then that Cooper the best

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I love Brad on my team. He has been a blast to watch since he first arrived.

Great guy off the ice as well.

He is an excellent captain.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Boston Globe hockey notes 7/7/2024

Tampa Bay coach Jon Cooper will call the shots behind Canada’s entry. The two-time Cup champ flashed a smile in Las Vegas, just prior to the draft last weekend, when asked what it will be like to have Bruins captain Brad Marchand under his direction.

“I’ll tell you a story,” said the ever-gracious Cooper. “We had the All-Star game in Tampa [in 2018] . . . My mother, who unfortunately recently passed, she was a huge Brad Marchand fan. And all she wanted to do was meet him.”

Fulfilling the role of dutiful son, Cooper sought out Marchand at one of the gala reception gigs that weekend. Anything for mom. No surprise, Marchand turned on the charm like it was water pouring out the back end of a Zamboni.

“I had to seek out Brad . . . for my mom,” recalled Cooper, a slight trace of mock pain in his voice. “And he could not have been more of a gentleman. He took the best pictures with her. He was fired up because he was taller than her and that was good for him. Really, he made my mom’s night and I can’t thank him enough.”

Great story. Just goes to show just how in each other's lives hockey players are across the board.

Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad