Player Discussion Brad Marchand X- Return of the Rat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My wife and I will making the drive from Boise to Seattle for the game. This will be her first NHL game. I’m so glad Brad will be playing.
My daughter and I are flying to Seattle on Monday to see the city and go to the game on Thursday. I have never been to Seattle before but have been to a few games:sarcasm: I know we are sitting way up in the balcony somewhere. Getting tickets was not easy!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
My daughter and I are flying to Seattle on Monday to see the city and go to the game on Thursday. I have never been to Seattle before but have been to a few games:sarcasm: I know we are sitting way up in the balcony somewhere. Getting tickets was not easy!

@Ladyfan - The city is hillier than San Francisco - you have been warned

For the best view go to this park

Kerry Park (Franklin Place) - Parks | seattle.gov

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I love how this place wants Deslauriers or salivates over Hathaway and then Dumps on the one guy who does what those guys do every night.

Just spare me with the holier-than-thou crud if you chirp about wanting some of these goons

how exactly do they compare with Marchand?

how does wanting a guy to stick up for teammates compare with the Marchand antics? I love Marchands gritty game and toughness. The Jarry thing was stupid, nothing gritty or tough about it

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho

Seattle is a nice place to visit. You will have a great time. Since it’s her first game, I found seats that are second row from glass behind the Seattle goal in the first and third periods. It should be a lot of fun. We are bringing her sister and brother-in-law too.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Gordoff

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
my issue is that it's always been a previous nhl player. clearly they bring historical bias based on the way they played. many times suspending players they played against. the optics are terrible. I simply feel a good first step would be to remove any perceived bias from the so called judges.

Fair enough.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Gee, Wally I hear exactly what you are saying, but I was hoping this might serve to give the team an identity as misfits led by an anti-establishment anti-hero. (Like the raiders were back in the day) With Sweeny and Neely around the players don't have an identity sadly.
Strangely, I support Sweeney's vision but laugh and cry at its execution.

frankly I prefer them not to rally around idiocy.
But that’s me.

Reactions: LouJersey

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

how does wanting a guy to stick up for teammates compare with the Marchand antics? I love Marchands gritty game and toughness. The Jarry thing was stupid, nothing gritty or tough about it
One thing that is inarguable. That it was a real danger to Jarry's safety and well-being. Could have ended his entire career.

Should have been 20.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

I blame Jarry - he egged Brad on,

Brad under a lot of stress. His dream of representing his country (even though it doesn’t like him), the All Star snub, Bergeron being hurt minutes before Jarry incident, and Panera Bread due to supply chain shortages unable to make cinnamon rolls.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
frankly I prefer them not to rally around idiocy.
But that’s me.
I hear ya .I want a workmanship team that just goes in and gets it done anyway you want to play it .Going to take some time and luck to rebuild that but it sure was a good run the last 10 or 12 years .It started with that Sturm goal game 6 vs habs .Solid run.

Reactions: Gee Wally

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
If Marchand was playing for Montreal and did this to Tuukka or Swayman I would want the full William Wallace treatment in Braveheart

but since he’s my favorite Bruins and I love him and named the woodchuck that lives under my shed Marchy after him, he’s totally getting screwed and Betman needs to resign

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Yikes. ...last week :amazed:. I am heading in that direction with the hips.

If you get a hip replacement, I highly recommend the anterior approach. The recovery has been very manageable. I was walking without assistance (walker or cane) two days after the surgery. I’m now walking for 30 minutes at a time, several times a day, with an hour of elevated leg resting between walks. I’m not walking normally or quickly, but I can get around pretty well and take care of myself around the house.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If you get a hip replacement, I highly recommend the anterior approach. The recovery has been very manageable. I was walking without assistance (walker or cane) two days after the surgery. I’m now walking for 30 minutes at a time, several times a day, with an hour of elevated leg resting between walks. I’m not walking normally or quickly, but I can get around pretty well and take care of myself around the house.
Thanks for the info!

I have arthritis in both hips and in both SI-joints. I got an ultrasound guided injection in my right SI joint last week. I got one last year too. This time didn't work as well as the last one. Getting old is a challenge.

Reactions: The Hajj

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe I’m to buzzed but am I the only one who finds it ironic/humorous that Brad is telling a player his country doesn’t like him :laugh:

Psst ….I don’t think Canada will be putting Brad’s likeness on a stamp anytime soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad