Player Discussion Brad Marchand IV - CONFIRMED signed 8 years @ 6.125/yr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Would like it to be a little lower but he has been a bargain for us his whole career his, and we NEED to sign him. Huge leader on and off the ice, if he keeps putting up 30+ goals he's well worth it. Pay him what he deserves.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Devils advocate...and I'm a huge Brad fan...

DeBrusk, Vatrano, Heinen, Bjork are all left handed shots. Vesey, too, if it works out. With the state of the D, is that 7 million best spent at LW? What could you get on the market for Brad? Again, Brad is possibly my favorite player, but no stones unturned, right?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

DeBrusk, Vatrano, Heinen, Bjork are all left handed shots. Vesey, too, if it works out. With the state of the D, is that 7 million best spent at LW? What could you get on the market for Brad? Again, Brad is possibly my favorite player, but no stones unturned, right?
Gabrielle and Donato also
I think you make sense but the publicity would knock them back to 1997 fan interest

Marchand hit it at the right time

I'd try 6/40 and see if they connect - that's pretty good

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

Easy answer: Marchand is by far our best winger and a proven player; DeBrusk, Vatrano, Heinen, Bjork and Vesey are all prospects. Pay the man.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Wouldn't mind 7x7. Would prefer to cut down on 1 year and maybe 250-500k, but overall it would be fine.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Once Reilly Smith left it gave him more power play time - he got 6 so take that away he's 31

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH

I'm not the "devil's advocate". I've been saying that we are deep on the left side and that Marchand is our best trade chip for a while now. If we are going to fix our D problem he may be what it takes. I'm not against it depending on who comes back. I don't fall in love with players.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I'm not the "devil's advocate". I've been saying that we are deep on the left side and that Marchand is our best trade chip for a while now. If we are going to fix our D problem he may be what it takes. I'm not against it depending on who comes back. I don't fall in love with players.

I'd love to know where the 70 or so goals lost between he and loui would come from.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Easy answer: Marchand is by far our best winger and a proven player; DeBrusk, Vatrano, Heinen, Bjork and Vesey are all prospects. Pay the man.

This. 3 of those guys have never played one second. It would be bonkers to trade our best offensive player. I know we need help on D but after Bergeron he is the most untouchable buy we have.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Sweener should be running to the negotiation room with a pen in hand if that's what Marchand's camp are asking.

Great deal if Boston can get it done. Marchand is without question a 7 million AAV player in today's marketplace.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
I'm glad Brad's ask is at 7, they should be able to settle at something a bit lower.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
7 years @ 6.875 per (same $ as Bergeron)

If he wants to be a good team guy first He'll settle for 6.5 per year.

Either way, Marchand is fantastic and must be signed...... Unless you dangle him for a stud #1 dman in which Sweeney would need to add to any deal.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Bruins will probably sign Marchand, but I'll ask again. If Vesey signs would anyone (Sweeney) entertain dealing Marchand for that RH dman?

Would Carolina deal Justin Faulk for an extended Marchand? Something along these lines.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bruins will probably sign Marchand, but I'll ask again. If Vesey signs would anyone (Sweeney) entertain dealing Marchand for that RH dman?

Would Carolina deal Justin Faulk for an extended Marchand? Something along these lines.

Define an "extended Marchand".

Do you mean Sweeney makes a long-term commitment to Marchand, just to turn around the next day and ship him to Carolina? Not happening, wouldn't be a agent left in the business with any trust in Sweeney.

Or he allows the Marchand camp to talk to Carolina before the deal is finalized in order to work out an extension?

Cause if it's option 2, why in the blazes would Marchand agree to an extension in Carolina unless it's a major over-payment.

And why would Carolina deal it's 24-year old top D-man on a very good contract for a 28-year old winger about to get a big long-term extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad