Player Discussion Brad Marchand IV - CONFIRMED signed 8 years @ 6.125/yr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Marchand seems like a 49 million dollar player to you? I don't think so. I'm one of his bigger fans too. He is one of our most skilled players. Too many big forward contracts will be difficult to support if the Bruins plan on improving the defense.

Loui`s contract is 8 mill for next two years, followed by 7, 5,4,4, you think Marchand isn`t a bigger game changer than Loui?

I`d wager 30 GM`s would disagree

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Loui`s contract is 8 mill for next two years, followed by 7, 5,4,4, you think Marchand isn`t a bigger game changer than Loui?

Marchand's performance this year will determine his extension numbers. If he can continue to play his aggressive game in a disciplined manner, eliminate the suspensions through stupidity and deliver another 60+ point season, then yes, I agree with you.

If "Evil Brad Marchand" re-emerges and his production dips back to that 40-50 point range, then no, I wouldn't pay him Loui's numbers and I would consider trade offers if the right opportunity presented itself.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
This isn't getting done for less than $6m. That's the market. If he asks for $7m and settles for $6.5m, then sign me up.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This isn't getting done for less than $6m. That's the market. If he asks for $7m and settles for $6.5m, then sign me up.

From a negotiating standpoint, knowing your not likely to get your initial ask, I'd be shocked if his first ask was anything less than 7.5 AAV.

I'll say it again, anything less than 7 million AAV on a Marchand extension is simply wishful thinking.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Cap hit is all that matters -- $$ wise it doesn't matter how they structure it. Pay him more now, less later, and keep the cap hit as low as possible.

I think Loui is quite underrated in his impact on a team. He didn't play with the flash of a Marchy but I think he had a much bigger impact than some of us think. He was also a UFA on the open market.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm

I was thinking the same exact thing. He's a very good player but not elite. The cap number expectations have to be reasonable from Marchand's camp if he wants to remain in Boston. If I'm Sweeney I'm not paying him $7 million. They should be able to compromise between $6 million and $7.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

The 6M UFA market this summer was for Lucic, Loui, Backes, Okposo and Ladd (5.5). Marchand is better than all of them.

I would have zero problem if he signs for his reported asking price of 49M/7y.

You always hope the Cap hit is the lowest possible but even the starting point ain't a problem to me.

Where is Don? Stop evaluating and sign this guy.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
From a negotiating standpoint, knowing your not likely to get your initial ask, I'd be shocked if his first ask was anything less than 7.5 AAV.

I'll say it again, anything less than 7 million AAV on a Marchand extension is simply wishful thinking.

I still have hope for a Bergy extention deal with same lenght remainging and Cap hit:

41.25M/6y (6.875M Cap hit)

Don Cherry*

I'm actually surprised that he's not asking for more than he is. The league is filled with over-priced crap. Sign this guy and call it a day.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Do not trade one of your best players to fill a hole. Fix the D and destroy the offense....makes NO sense to me.

Disagree. If you get a chance to fix the D with a quality player, you do it. There is more offensive players around to fix the problem you caused. Build from the back out.

moonshot summit

Jun 30, 2015
Halifax, NS
Disagree. If you get a chance to fix the D with a quality player, you do it. There is more offensive players around to fix the problem you caused. Build from the back out.

Agreed. I don't think I'd trade Brad to do it though. No B's winger like him. I'd rather move on from Krejci to find that D-man. I think Sweeney agrees that you build from the back out. Future looking good on that front.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
If it was my decision I would definitely keep Marchand happy then trading him to 'fix the D'
He's a one of a kind player in which you can't replace imo.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Agreed. I don't think I'd trade Brad to do it though. No B's winger like him. I'd rather move on from Krejci to find that D-man. I think Sweeney agrees that you build from the back out. Future looking good on that front.

I agree on building from the back out...I just wouldn't trade either Brad or Bergy.

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
I agree on building from the back out...I just wouldn't trade either Brad or Bergy.

Agreed, Marchand and Bergeron are the two most important players on the team, best PKers, best 5 on 5, both have a tremendous amount of heart/compete level and leadership. Take Marchand away and Bergeron will not be nearly as great. I fully agreed with building from the back end and using our forwards to do it but it should be Krejci or Pasta and please not for the likes of Shattenkirk, it has to be a deal that you are not gambling with, it has to be close to a sure thing or just don't do it.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Sweeney should be nuked to the sun if he can't sign Marchand.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
DS has said it was a priority ...Come on Don. If Marchy doesn't get signed with the B's I will lose all respect for the b's management.

GET IT DOW NOW !!!!:rant:

I'm going eve of training camp and he comes out with a big grin and a new contract at the Town Hall Meeting. Start the season with big news and go from there that is how I would do it.

More importantly they better have hot dogs this year that was disgraceful last year

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm going eve of training camp and he comes out with a big grin and a new contract at the Town Hall Meeting. Start the season with big news and go from there that is how I would do it.

More importantly they better have hot dogs this year that was disgraceful last year

You don't like free popcorn ? :laugh:

I am looking forward to the new season. I am bored

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
You don't like free popcorn ? :laugh:

I am looking forward to the new season. I am bored

The season left me with a bitter taste in my mouth, not getting fed left me with none.

I'm going to miss all the Seids life size in the down stairs lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad