Prospect Info: Brad Lambert, 30th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
I don’t think Finland has any other skater too close to the level of Lambert’s skating. What you are saying here isn’t his problem anyway, he just is clueless with the puck after he manages to make the zone entry. And btw, he is already having one of the faster Finns in his line often, as Juuso Mäenpää has been tried with him already many times. He is a very quick (although very small as well) skater with good top speed as well.
Yeah, I think you're just plain wrong. Find a new hobby.

Reactions: boydkc and Lars65

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Yeah, I think you're just plain wrong. Find a new hobby.
Well likewise, I think you are plain wrong, and as I already said, he has been having already the 2nd or 3rd fastest skater skating with him a lot so far. Seems that you are one of those who admire his skating over everything and are mistaken that great skating covers for poor hockey IQ and weak vision. Unfortunately it isn’t so.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
He needs further development / support which he'll get at the pro level - he has solid basic hockey skills that will allow him to take advantage of that.

His attitude, drive, and ability / willingness to learn, will be a big factor once introduced to the NHL game - I'll wait and see how that goes before speculating on his NHL potential.

You have to assume the Jets knew exactly what they were taking on when they drafted this player - it's all about potential and how the org can impact his career.

His skating / speed provide a really solid starting point - Let's see what the Jets can do with him

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Well likewise, I think you are plain wrong, and as I already said, he has been having already the 2nd or 3rd fastest skater skating with him a lot so far. Seems that you are one of those who admire his skating over everything and are mistaken that great skating covers for poor hockey IQ and weak vision. Unfortunately it isn’t so.
I've already seen him make 6-7 plays in this tournament from behind the net and all over the offensive zone to confirm you're incorrect.

He needs help defensively and with zone exits.

Reactions: boydkc and rkp

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Ehlers looked like he didn't know what to do with the puck after gaining the zone early in his career too. He turned out just fine.
Yeah, and Ehlers still produced, big time. This guy hasn’t produced for two seasons in a row. That is very telling - especially when his play has been so full of bad decision making.

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah, and Ehlers still produced, big time. This guy hasn’t produced for two seasons in a row. That is very telling - especially when his play has been so full of bad decision making.
It's incredible that you don't know the difference between Lambert playing in a pro league and Ehlers playing in the OHL.

Reactions: Fairview

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
It's incredible that you don't know the difference between Lambert playing in a pro league and Ehlers playing in the OHL.
*QMJHL.

I correct, not to be pedantic, but because the Q is even easier to score in than the OHL. I have no doubt at all in my mind that Lambert would be lighting it up if he played in the QMJHL.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Of course I know. But his relative production has still been bad. He should have been able to produce a lot better and in general play a lot better if he is supposed to be a very talented player. His production in Liiga has been abysmal. Especially with his ice time and role. Practically any kid at the same age, who has had similar ice time and role in Liiga, has been way more productive than him. You don’t really seem to understand how poor his production has been. But even worse has been that his play in general and even more his decision making have been even weaker than his production.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Of course I know. But his relative production has still been bad. He should have been able to produce a lot better and in general play a lot better if he is supposed to be a very talented player. His production in Liiga has been abysmal. Especially with his ice time and role. Practically any kid at the same age, who has had similar ice time and role in Liiga, has been way more productive than him. You don’t really seem to understand how poor his production has been. But even worse has been that his play in general and even more his decision making have been even weaker than his production.
Is his production really that bad relative to his peers?

In his D-1, for example, Lambert had .2 PPG in Liiga. Aatu Raty had .17. Jesse Ylonen and Roby Jarventie, the only other Finnish forward prospects I could find taken at the end of the first/beginning of the second in the last five years both weren't even playing in Liiga in their draft year. I also found this dude named Eetu Luostarinen who went mid-2nd in 2017 was at .22 in Liiga in his D-1.

Of course, guys like Lundell and Kemell handily outproduced him at the same age, but they also went much earlier in the draft. Seems to me Lambert's production is about in-line with where the Jets took him?

The Lambert pick was a swing-for-the-fences-type pick. We already used a first on a better forward prospect, the Lambert pick was just a bonus from the Rangers. I'm totally fine taking a shot on him. I'm curious, though, as to why you are so adamant on arguing how much this guy sucks?

You aren't going to get a world-class, flawless, franchise-altering prospect at #30. You're unlikely to even get a superstar. Very few of us are expecting that. We know we have a player with a ton of red flags, but also some good potential. Us Jets fans are hoping he can build off his elite skating and possibly turn into something but reading endless pages of "nuh uh, he won't be anything, he has no hockey sense!" is getting tiresome.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Is his production really that bad relative to his peers?

In his D-1, for example, Lambert had .2 PPG in Liiga. Aatu Raty had .17. Jesse Ylonen and Roby Jarventie, the only other Finnish forward prospects I could find taken at the end of the first/beginning of the second in the last five years both weren't even playing in Liiga in their draft year. I also found this dude named Eetu Luostarinen who went mid-2nd in 2017 was at .22 in Liiga in his D-1.

Of course, guys like Lundell and Kemell handily outproduced him at the same age, but they also went much earlier in the draft. Seems to me Lambert's production is about in-line with where the Jets took him?

The Lambert pick was a swing-for-the-fences-type pick. We already used a first on a better forward prospect, the Lambert pick was just a bonus from the Rangers. I'm totally fine taking a shot on him. I'm curious, though, as to why you are so adamant on arguing how much this guy sucks?

You aren't going to get a world-class, flawless, franchise-altering prospect at #30. You're unlikely to even get a superstar. Very few of us are expecting that. We know we have a player with a ton of red flags, but also some good potential. Us Jets fans are hoping he can build off his elite skating and possibly turn into something but reading endless pages of "nuh uh, he won't be anything, he has no hockey sense!" is getting tiresome.
Can’t argue with this post of your’s too much really. Although with Räty you can’t compare, as his draft season was destroyed by covid and most likely covid related health problems that ruined his condition for practically the whole season.

Lambert’s eventual draft position is after all a valid point. My point is still that with his kind of production it really shouldn’t be expected at all that he could become a productive top six player. But as I have many times mentioned, I could see him become a successful bottom six forechecking machine and maybe also a succesful and even dangerous PK player. He does need a clear attitude change and also clear development for that kind of a role as well, but if he really becomes that at some point, that would in my opinion be already great success for the Jets and Lambert himself as well.

Last edited:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
howard's production model at his age puts him quite high in this draft. i have 0 clue how he's a complete clown off the ice, never met him. are people basing this because he dressed a bit flashy?
I think he is a big personality and it's pretty well known. He was who I wanted over Lambert. But Lambert was definitely a pretty clear 2nd place and still an excellent pick. From my far away perch anyway.

Reactions: DRW204

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I just read about Finland’s lineup against Sweden, and it seems that Lambert is scratched for the game. Doesn’t say if it’s a healthy scratch, or was there health reasons for it. Not sure if I like it, although I haven’t liked his play in the tournament. But Karvinen who is instead of him in the lineup doesn’t bring really anything impressive to the lineup. Lambert at least can bring some occasional surprise element with his great skating. The problem is still that he is quite a liability also. I would guess that could be the reason why Pennanen has scratched him. I’m guessing this now anyway. Could be maybe health reasons as well?

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I just read about Finland’s lineup against Sweden, and it seems that Lambert is scratched for the game. Doesn’t say if it’s a healthy scratch, or was there health reasons for it. Not sure if I like it, although I haven’t liked his play in the tournament. But Karvinen who is instead of him in the lineup doesn’t bring really anything impressive to the lineup. Lambert at least can bring some occasional surprise element with his great skating. The problem is still that he is quite a liability also. I would guess that could be the reason why Pennanen has scratched him. I’m guessing this now anyway. Could be maybe health reasons as well?
100% a healthy scratch, you cant ice a player who is guaranteed to get frustrated and taking at least 1 offensive zone penalty per game.

Reactions: Ippenator

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Lambert has a long way to go before he is even close to making the Jets roster, he'll get a chance in a few years and has time to hopefully get better in areas of his game that needs to improve.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Did you play against Lambert as a kid or something?
And were you a goalie?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
*QMJHL. And no need for the "find a different hobby" comments, they're just sharing their observations. I'm happy to get input from people who have had the opportunity to watch Lambert play more than I have.

My brother in christ he shared his "observations" a month and a half ago. Nothing is new. We're all watching the same games. Do you need a daily "Brad Lambert is low IQ garbage" post to keep informed? :laugh:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
*QMJHL. And no need for the "find a different hobby" comments, they're just sharing their observations. I'm happy to get input from people who have had the opportunity to watch Lambert play more than I have.
You can set a daily reminder on your phone saying “Lambert has poor hockey IQ” and you’d be getting just as much out of it as the numerous posts saying the same.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
didnt realize lambert was in the NHL!!??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad