Prospect Info: Brad Lambert, 30th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
He needs further development / support which he'll get at the pro level - he has solid basic hockey skills that will allow him to take advantage of that.

His attitude, drive, and ability / willingness to learn, will be a big factor once introduced to the NHL game - I'll wait and see how that goes before speculating on his NHL potential.

You have to assume the Jets knew exactly what they were taking on when they drafted this player - it's all about potential and how the org can impact his career.

His skating / speed provide a really solid starting point - Let's see what the Jets can do with him
This might be the most sensible post in this thread.

I do get bust vibes from Lambert but since it's a bonus puck, it's worth the risk. Lambert could grow into a guy who can drive a line and all teams need as many of those as possible because it's far easier to acquire complimentary players for them.

For me, the realistic dream is Lambert becomes a 2nd line winger who plays near ppg and is a fixture on pp1. That's a nice piece for a pick we were lucky to get.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Chevy loves his fallers at the draft.

Player has been trending backwards for 2 years culminating in the embarrassing scratch for the WJHC game vs Sweden (assume he is scratched again tonight).

Get him to NA and see if he can get his game back on track.

Reactions: Monkey D Luffy

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Chevy loves his fallers at the draft.

Player has been trending backwards for 2 years culminating in the embarrassing scratch for the WJHC game vs Sweden (assume he is scratched again tonight).

Get him to NA and see if he can get his game back on track.

It hasn't been 2 years. At this time last year he was being discussed as a top 3 pick in the draft.

Get him to Seattle, see what you've got from there and you can also keep a closer eye on his development.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It's interesting to criticize his play, however, the next 10 picks aren't even playing in the WJHC. Let us hope that he plays in Seattle and lights it up. We don't need Angelo Esposito 2.0

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Lambert stays healthy scratched n gold medal game vs Canada
Here's the Finland's roster.

Starting goalie
Juha Jatkola

1st line

Roni Hirvonen (C) – Aatu Räty – Joakim Kemell

Ruben Rafkin – Topi Niemelä (A)

2nd line

Roby Järventie – Joel Määttä – Kasper Simontaival

Eemil Viro – Aleksi Heimosalmi

3rd line

Eetu Liukas – Oliver Kapanen – Kalle Väisänen

Joni Jurmo – Kasper Puutio (A)

4.th line

Juuso Mäenpää – Samuel Helenius – Roni Karvinen

7th dman Matias Rajaniemi

13th forward Ville Koivunen

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
What I saw at Christmas was a kid who was riding a wave of momentum with a swagger and confidence in his game.

This summer was the opposite. A shitty season, drop in the draft and a few bad games shook his confidence.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
What I see with Lambert is not a hard fix, if he is willing to do the work. It is one that will take some time and the remedy ultimately has nothing to do with hockey. The key will be good mentorship and Jimmy Roy is an excellent fit for that role.

Reactions: MrT47 and Flair Hay

None

Feb 22, 2012
All this talk about Lambert having no IQ but goodness golly Kemell has been dumb as rocks in the Finnish games I’ve seen

I haven't really liked Finland's game at all this tournament. Feels like Maurice hockey when he was trying to cover for our right defense getting decimated. Low event hockey with a roster of high event forwards. Kemell's a volume shooter and they seemingly want him to pick his chances and play defensive hockey.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
5 minor penalties against Finland zero against Canada. If it was the other way around their would be no end to the whining by Canadian fans…. but I guess its ok when the other team is getting screwed.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I haven't really liked Finland's game at all this tournament. Feels like Maurice hockey when he was trying to cover for our right defense getting decimated. Low event hockey with a roster of high event forwards. Kemell's a volume shooter and they seemingly want him to pick his chances and play defensive hockey.
Yeah, exactly my thoughts too. Finland had a horseshoe up their ass in the gold game, but Canada had the refs in their pockets. I’ll take the win. Finland’s coaching staff was obviously trying to tank for Bedard.

5 minor penalties against Finland zero against Canada. If it was the other way around their would be no end to the whining by Canadian fans…. but I guess its ok when the other team is getting screwed.
Finland almost won on a clear-as-day trip in front of the net in OT. Obviously wasn’t called because the PPs were 5 to 1 for Canada at that point.

Refs need to just call the actual penalties instead of trying to manage the game (where have we heard this before?)

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I hope this tournament was a wake up call to Lambert.

Healthy scratched for the semi-final and the final.
Is there any timeline of schedule when Jets will do decisions of Lambert's next season?
Just thinking that because Brad has been benched twice and demoted 4th line
and healthy scratched twice does Jets have any interest to release Lambert next U20 WJC's.

Finland's coaching staf will be changed next U20 WJC's.
Tomi Lämsä is new U20 head coach for Finland and also Pekka Rinne is joined Finland's coaching staff.
Rinne will be Finland's U20 WJC's teams goaltending coach.

So i'm thinking that how much Rinne could help Brad as a player
Rinne who's greatest Finnish NHL goalie of all time if any knows that how goalies
play in North American ice and type of shots are nearly impossible to save and so on.

Yes Rinne's main coaching focus will be goalies
but why he couldn't give at least some tips and advices to all Finnish players including Brad.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Is there any timeline of schedule when Jets will do decisions of Lambert's next season?
and healthy scratched twice does Jets have any interest to release Lambert next U20 WJC's.

Tomi Lämsä is new U20 head coach for Finland and also Pekka Rinne is joined Finland's coaching staff.

Rinne who's greatest Finnish NHL goalie of all time if any knows that how goalies
play in North American ice and type of shots are nearly impossible to save and so on.

but why he couldn't give at least some tips and advices to all Finnish players including Brad.
If Lambert was playing for the Moose, I could see the club letting him got the next world juniors. As a fan I'd rather see him go to the CHL and play in Seattle for a year and he would also likely be allowed to go?

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Lambert looked pretty lethargic the entire tourney. I wonder how the last year and his illness might have affected his energy and endurance level.

I'd like to see him get another crack at the tourney in December

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

One of the goaltending coach's jobs is to provide scouting on the opposition goalie so Rinne could help but I don't think that's Lambert's issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad