Prospect Info: Brad Lambert, 30th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I am kind of glad the fins are busting his balls. Now if he signs with the Moose or goes to Seattle he will be motivated to light it up like never before. The kid is gifted like an Ehlers with better hands but on the right side exactly what the jets need. There is the possibility that he is still sick or injured and we don't know it but I think he is just being dicked around by the Fins.
Sometimes good kick straight on the ass or busting balls is needed.
Lambert has enough talent and skill to be damn good NHL player if he wants to.
But if he doesn't know how talented he's what you can do.

And that how Antti Pennanen has treated him in U20 WJC's is something really idiotic.
Jets better bring him far away of Finland and if he needs more games vs men's put him to AHL.
SM liiga is totally wrong place for Lambert and if you want evidences on that
look how those so called Finnish SM liiga players ( Niemelä, Hirvonen etc ) played against Canada last night
SM liiga was 2nd best hockey league 20-25 years ago before KHL but now it's only a beer league.
which won't help players like Lambert to develop and become better player.

Honestly said Finnish junior hockey players who are draft eligible to NHL
and won't get much SM liiga games should come to CHL and play their draft year there.
Canada is doing something great and damn well in CHL if you look that how many 1st rounders CHL produce.

Reactions: Fairview

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He started the tournament well imo but has continually seen his ice time reduced and his play has declined as well. I guess the coach just wants simple chip and chase on his fourth line.
That's not how our national teams play.

Yep. He needs a complete reboot. Playing against WHL competition will hopefully help him get his confidence back.
I'm repeating myself but Lambert's issues are not related to confidence. They're simple hockey IQ and willingness to play team hockey.

Reactions: Ippenator

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
They in fact started exactly in the same team in Finnish Liiga. Both were in the JYP Liiga team when the season started, but unfortunately their development trajectories were exactly the opposite of each others. They got pretty much the same ice time in the beginning of the season, but as Kemell started scoring right away, and was after a couple of months even leading the whole league in both goals and points (btw completely unheard of a 17 year old before) and Lambert faltered - didn’t produce and was weak defensively, it lead to his ice time gradually diminishing.

Of course he and his dad were upset of the lower ice time and poor results, and instead of just trying to play his way to better play and more ice time, they decided it was time to switch teams again. And the exactly same stuff continued in the Pelicans. Funny how some people so much want to blame others than Lambert himself. Still at the same time a gem like Kemell came from the same team and coaching that Lambert was having.

Btw, Vesalainen was a lot better than Lambert in Liiga, and I really mean A LOT. It was great to see how the almighty North American coaching helped him become a great NHL player. I’m comparing Vesalainen to Lambert because their problems are very similar. They both clearly lack hockey IQ and vision way too much to be top class players. Unfortunately you can’t much develop those if they are your biggest weaknesses. Sure, some development might happen through gaining more of experience, but don’t ever expect a star player out of a player with those kind of weaknesses.
You're correct, had it backwards in my head.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Nothing official, but most likely Seattle in the WHL or the Moose.
He is absolutely not ready for the AHL right now. The WHL is the only realistic option for him.

He needs a big year there. No more blaming coaches or dads. He needs to earn an important role and deliver results. He needs to be harder to play against because right now, other teams and licking their chops when he’s on the ice, and that’s why he’s not out there much. We don’t need a defensive player but he can’t be this easy to play against.

I really hope he can step up and be an important player for Seattle. With a fresh start and maybe some confidence building, at least he’s got a chance.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I wonder if the Jets will opt to keep Bauer in the chl if Lambert is heading to Seattle. Bauer is their captain and it might be nice for Lambert to get to know him at our camp then head over for the season. Always easier to move somewhere new if you have a familiar face, let alone that familiar face being the captain.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I do agree that he should probably go to WHL, as Liiga level is absolutely over his head, and AHL would definitely be that as well. If he would continue still in Finland it would be probably better to play in Mestis or even A-junior’s Liiga for this season.
Mestis or Liiga with Jukurit would be a good option.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Mestis or Liiga with Jukurit would be a good option.
Jukurit could maybe work after all. At least it seems to have worked well for Räty and Puistola. Olli Jokinen seems to be a good coach who understands the right ways to motivate young players and give them responsibility to help them gain confidence.

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I wonder if the Jets will opt to keep Bauer in the chl if Lambert is heading to Seattle. Bauer is their captain and it might be nice for Lambert to get to know him at our camp then head over for the season. Always easier to move somewhere new if you have a familiar face, let alone that familiar face being the captain.

No way, Zinger wants that elite level face punching talent on the Moose next year. I'm sure he's decided that our 1st round knock out by the Admirals happened because we didn't punch them in the face enough. :sarcasm:

Lambert should go play in WHL. He's not good enough to play in Liiga or AHL.

Wait, I thought Liiga was a beer league now. Come on, we're getting mixed messages from you guys over there. :laugh:

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
No way, Zinger wants that elite level face punching talent on the Moose next year. I'm sure he's decided that our 1st round knock out by the Admirals happened because we didn't punch them in the face enough. :sarcasm:

Wait, I thought Liiga was a beer league now. Come on, we're getting mixed messages from you guys over there. :laugh:
Liiga is an elite beer league.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm repeating myself but Lambert's issues are not related to confidence. They're simple hockey IQ and willingness to play team hockey.

That may be, but nothing wrong with bringing him to a new environment to try to fix that kind of stuff since he's obviously not getting better there.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
That may be, but nothing wrong with bringing him to a new environment to try to fix that kind of stuff since he's obviously not getting better there.
Yeah, you tell him, tbcwpg.

I think a lot of Jets fans are hoping that if we get Lambert into a new environment that maybe he can get some confidence back and develop a bit. These musings keep getting shot down by Finnish posters going, "nuh uh, he's a dummy, mang! Gee willikers, why can't you Jets fans blame Lambert for anything!"

It's not that we don't recognize Lambert's faults, it's just that what do we have to lose getting him out of a situation that certainly hasn't helped his development in any way?

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Going from playing against adults to playing against kids, whom he can dominate purely with his skating and physicality and who themselves are more or less on his level when it comes to tactical maturity, doesn't seem like the most logical choice to develop his weaknesses.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
My guess is he will still in Finland. They hate losing anyone to the CHL and if he were to come here and excel after you could see more kids wanting to do that

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Going from playing against adults to playing against kids, whom he can dominate purely with his skating and physicality and who themselves are more or less on his level when it comes to tactical maturity, doesn't seem like the most logical choice to develop his weaknesses.

Unless his problem really is confidence.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

He'll get more ice time here than he will in Finland. I don't think it can do him any harm. If he's going backwards as you say in Finland, I'm not sure keeping him there and going even further backwards will do anything for him.

Also, just as a note to non-Jets HF regulars, repeatedly saying "he just sucks" or "he's dumb (ie no hockey IQ)" isn't really adding anything to the discussion.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I mean there’s a reason be fell from top five to a gamble at 30… hopefully being stapled to the bench is the message he needs

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Unless his problem really is confidence.
Simply by watching him playing, that is not the case.
He'll get more ice time here than he will in Finland. I don't think it can do him any harm. If he's going backwards as you say in Finland, I'm not sure keeping him there and going even further backwards will do anything for him.

Also, just as a note to non-Jets HF regulars, repeatedly saying "he just sucks" or "he's dumb (ie no hockey IQ)" isn't really adding anything to the discussion.
I'm not saying that. I'm saying he needs the right environment, team and coaching. And he needs to be playing against players he can't out-skate or out-muscle, ie. adults Like other Finns have said, perhaps playing in Mestis is what he needs for his development. Better than juniors, not quite top level adults.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Simply by watching him playing, that is not the case.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying he needs the right environment, team and coaching. And he needs to be playing against players he can't out-skate or out-muscle, ie. adults Like other Finns have said, perhaps playing in Mestis is what he needs for his development. Better than juniors, not quite top level adults.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the WHL, but there are large 20 year old men playing in that league. It's not always that way for sure but it's not all 70kg kids either.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
My guess is he will still in Finland. They hate losing anyone to the CHL and if he were to come here and excel after you could see more kids wanting to do that

It is not up to Finland. If he is in Finland in the fall that on the Jets/Lambert not "Finland". They have 0 power in this situation.

Reactions: Monkey D Luffy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad