Prospect Info: Brad Lambert, 30th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
I remember someone actually did that for Cody Ceci once. It was a good 10+ minutes :laugh:
Like Bogo tripping and coughing up the puck right in front of Pavs?
Keep in mind that highlight packages typically show players at their best. I wish someone would start putting together Bleepers, Bloopers and Blunders packages for certain players just for balance.
Like Bogo tripping and coughing up the puck right in front of Pavs?

Hasn't been done since the 70's. Finnigan McAmhalghaidh holds the record with a near unbeatable 6 crapped pants on ice.
:laugh:

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Keep in mind that highlight packages typically show players at their best. I wish someone would start putting together Bleepers, Bloopers and Blunders packages for certain players just for balance.
Yes but if a guy makes that many good, smart plays in a game, I will take the down moments. Especially when we are talking about a 17 year old who is still improving.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think we just need to be really patient with this kid. It's really a good thing that he went so low in the draft because there are no expectations on him right now. If he buys into what the Jets are selling than I think we can get a really solid player out of him in 2 or 3 years. Let him go to the WHL for 22/23 and see if he can hang with his peers in Canada. Let him get back to basics and just focus on being the go to guy on a line where he can build confidence and put up some points and get his offensive game back to where it needs to be. And then get him into the A in 23/24 where we can work on refining his offensive game and speed while working on his two-way game. He doesn't need to be a Selke candidate but with his speed he should be able to be a solid disrupter and the kind of player than can get in passing lanes quickly and anticipate plays a little better.

Then see what he looks like in 24/25. If all goes well by then I think he can challenge for a top 6 spot on the roster.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I get torn vibes on him. I think he's boom or bust. At pick 30 he was a very solid value pick, I also think him playing in the DUB with Seattle helps. Boom or Bust

Elite skill tho. Gotta bet on that

jimsabo21

Jul 2, 2011
I was able to watch the archived stream of Switzerland vs Finland (International Friendly) yesterday night. Lambert was clearly the best player on the ice. How he attacked is next level. I just don't see the low IQ. He's two steps ahead of everyone on the ice anticipating loose pucks, cleverly passing to teammates, using deception in tight areas, etc. He generated a dangerous chance on almost every shift, most of them by facilitating for his teammates.

I was hoping we'd take Lambert at 14, but am ecstatic we got him at 30.

By the way, if anyone cares, his shooting percentage was 3% last season. Considering he takes most of his shots from high danger scoring areas, he's either got the poorest accuracy in the world (unlikely) or was just horribly snakebit. His shots on goal per 60 mins of playing time was VERY good:

2021/2022- Liiga Official Stats

Joakim Kemell - 15 Shots / 60 mins - 9% Shooting - 15 Goals
Aatu Raty - 11.5 Shots / 60 mins - 8% Shooting - 13 Goals
Brad Lambert - 11.3 Shots / 60 mins - 3% Shooting - 4 Goals
Juraf Slafkovsky - 11.2 Shots / 60 mins - 6% Shooting - 5 Goals
Ville Koivenen - 6.3 Shots / 60 mins - 14% - 11 Goals

Had Brad Lambert had the average shooting percentage of his peers, he would have scored 11-15 goals last season placing him ahead of Slafkovsky and near Joakim Kemell.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I was able to watch the archived stream of Switzerland vs Finland (International Friendly) yesterday night. Lambert was clearly the best player on the ice. How he attacked is next level. I just don't see the low IQ. He's two steps ahead of everyone on the ice anticipating loose pucks, cleverly passing to teammates, using deception in tight areas, etc. He generated a dangerous chance on almost every shift, most of them by facilitating for his teammates.

I was hoping we'd take Lambert at 14, but am ecstatic we got him at 30.

By the way, if anyone cares, his shooting percentage was 3% last season. Considering he takes most of his shots from high danger scoring areas, he's either got the poorest accuracy in the world (unlikely) or was just horribly snakebit. His shots on goal per 60 mins of playing time was VERY good:

2021/2022- Liiga Official Stats

Joakim Kemell - 15 Shots / 60 mins - 9% Shooting - 15 Goals
Aatu Raty - 11.5 Shots / 60 mins - 8% Shooting - 13 Goals
Brad Lambert - 11.3 Shots / 60 mins - 3% Shooting - 4 Goals
Juraf Slafkovsky - 11.2 Shots / 60 mins - 6% Shooting - 5 Goals
Ville Koivenen - 6.3 Shots / 60 mins - 14% - 11 Goals

Had Brad Lambert had the average shooting percentage of his peers, he would have scored 11-15 goals last season placing him ahead of Slafkovsky and near Joakim Kemell.

His puck luck was just non-existent last season. Watching a lot of his games his Pelican teammates were really bad at converting on the chances he generated for them as well.

I think the kid will have a major season this year in the right situation and a lot of teams are gonna wonder why they passed on him.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I’m still cautiously optimistic with Lambert. Hoping for a strong season from him, but not expecting anything earth shattering. I believe he still has some deficiencies and inconsistencies he will need to work on to become a true impact player.

The good news is the Jets can be patient and have a good handle on his development.

At this point, if he can develop into a Huselius or Fiala type I will be pleased. Anything more is just bonus.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Nothing that I’ve seen or read (that is objective) has deterred me from thinking positively about Lambert

The one thing I will say is that his shot isn’t overly impressive to me from the videos I watched. I’ve have read other posts about “puck luck” but we will see

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Nothing that I’ve seen or read (that is objective) has deterred me from thinking positively about Lambert

The one thing I will say is that his shot isn’t overly impressive to me from the videos I watched. I’ve have read other posts about “puck luck” but we will see
Not sure if it’s mechanics with his shot that needs improvement or maybe when he adds some upper body strength the shot will naturally improve. Regardless, I don’t think we’ll see him with a shooting percentage like this past year. The key for him will be transitioning his abilities against tougher pro defenses.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I will maintain that the best thing for his development is a season where he gets a chance to produce offense in a solid league on a good team. The CHL is far from a walk in the park. There is a laundry list of top NHL players that went back to the CHL in their draft +1 season. Lambert is in no way, shape, or form too good for the CHL.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Whatever that problem is he will either have to leave it at the door or bust, His dad will have absolutely no say in what happens to him over here. He doesn't have the connections to pull that off with us. If the kid signs he goes where we tell him to, plays the position we tell him to and gets the ice time we give him simple as that. His dad can whine and moan and complain all he wants it won't change how the Jets conduct their business.

Obviously he has some ability to meddle in Finland which is all the more reason to get Brad the hell out of there. He will have no such ability to meddle over here. We don't care who his dad is or what he has done.
Are you forgetting his dad is the ' Canadian- side' and will for sure be involved in his North American/Canadian hockey future.
I get that once signed to an NHL team, that team has the say over his development and journey, professionally.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I think we just need to be really patient with this kid. It's really a good thing that he went so low in the draft because there are no expectations on him right now. If he buys into what the Jets are selling than I think we can get a really solid player out of him in 2 or 3 years. Let him go to the WHL for 22/23 and see if he can hang with his peers in Canada. Let him get back to basics and just focus on being the go to guy on a line where he can build confidence and put up some points and get his offensive game back to where it needs to be. And then get him into the A in 23/24 where we can work on refining his offensive game and speed while working on his two-way game. He doesn't need to be a Selke candidate but with his speed he should be able to be a solid disrupter and the kind of player than can get in passing lanes quickly and anticipate plays a little better.

Then see what he looks like in 24/25. If all goes well by then I think he can challenge for a top 6 spot on the roster.
I doubt he can be any worse defensively as Scheifele has "shown at times" over last couple seasons. And, Lambert might just be equally as talented. He has to learn, grow with, adjust to and prove it in the NHL level. Scheifele took 3 seasons to really start producing steadily and dazzlingly in the NHL. Give the kid a couple NA pro seasons and who knows?

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Are you forgetting his dad is the ' Canadian- side' and will for sure be involved in his North American/Canadian hockey future.
I get that once signed to an NHL team, that team has the say over his development and journey, professionally.

Like I said his dad can surely try and meddle. I seriously doubt Chevy will care.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Good potential draft pick in that spot. Look at Roslovic pick and time with the Jets. Could have gone either way. At least Connor turned into the gem, maybe it will be the latter 1st rounded in this time around that proves to be gem of a Jet weapon? Here ' s to hoping for a ',Yeah'!

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad