Prospect Info: Brad Lambert, 30th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

Decent highlight video with a familiar voice to us Jets fans. Video also includes Heinola and Nikkanen.

I wasn't familiar with him before the draft (I don't spend much time on the players at before the draft), but he looks very promising!

After watching this video, I am even more reassured that the concerns about Lambert's hIQ are overblown. His decreased point production last year is likely multifactorial--with off ice factors being a part. On ice, I see a weak shot that needs some work, but his shooting percentage was also very low (~3%) and a bit of puck luck would have put him ahead of Slafkovsky in Liga points.

I see a very talented potential NHL winger, with Ehlers-level speed, transition ability, possession and vision (with all of his warts). It took Ehlers 1 year post-draft to make the NHL. I predict that Lambert will be playing RW on the Jets sometime in 2024.
He made some incredible passes in the video. I don't see any HIQ issues from that viewing.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I wasn't familiar with him before the draft (I don't spend much time on the players at before the draft), but he looks very promising!

He made some incredible passes in the video. I don't see any HIQ issues from that viewing.
Keep in mind that highlight packages typically show players at their best. I wish someone would start putting together Bleepers, Bloopers and Blunders packages for certain players just for balance.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
I remember someone actually did that for Cody Ceci once. It was a good 10+ minutes :laugh:

Imagine Big Sieve Dave's...

I'm guessing that scouts do their best to produce those warts n' all packages so that player evaluation is as comprehensive and accurate as possible. I seem to recall that the long vid posted upthread had some lowlights also to make points about the risks as well as the upside here.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
After watching this video, I am even more reassured that the concerns about Lambert's hIQ are overblown. His decreased point production last year is likely multifactorial--with off ice factors being a part. On ice, I see a weak shot that needs some work, but his shooting percentage was also very low (~3%) and a bit of puck luck would have put him ahead of Slafkovsky in Liga points.

I see a very talented potential NHL winger, with Ehlers-level speed, transition ability, possession and vision (with all of his warts). It took Ehlers 1 year post-draft to make the NHL. I predict that Lambert will be playing RW on the Jets sometime in 2024.

Yeah his shot needs some work. Even if his finish doesn't translate at the NHL level I still see a lot of tools in terms of transition play and puck protection that should allow him to be successful in a middle 6 role.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015

You see the "hockey IQ" problem a lot more in the scouting video posted back on the first page. He's got Burmistrov like issues of holding on to the puck too long looking for a perfect pass instead of making a simple pass and making himself available for a return pass. I think this can be coached if the player wants to learn so I guess we'll fine out just how willing he is to learn.

The same video shows he can be extremely effective at zone entries and exits when playing Center. I'd give him every chance to develop as a center for that reason alone.

Reactions: FinJetster

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
not really - ehlers wasn't signed until september, scheif and morrissey were in october

Those guys were going to the minors so there was no rush. There is a lot of question marks around where he is gonna play so I would have thought they would have prioritized this signing.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Those guys were going to the minors so there was no rush. There is a lot of question marks around where he is gonna play so I would have thought they would have prioritized this signing.
Thats a fair point - I'd imagine where he is playing next season is less of a question mark for chevy at this point though. Could be a indication he's heading to the WHL

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg

3rd period is about to go live of U20 Finland vs. Czech tune-up game for the World Juniors.

Reading from some of the comments on HF and Twitter, sounds like #28, Lambert, has been "toying" with the Czech team in this game.

Really thinking he is going to come alive in the WJC in a few weeks time here in Edmonton. Excited to watch him play.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013

3rd period is about to go live of U20 Finland vs. Czech tune-up game for the World Juniors.

Reading from some of the comments on HF and Twitter, sounds like #28, Lambert, has been "toying" with the Czech team in this game.

Really thinking he is going to come alive in the WJC in a few weeks time here in Edmonton. Excited to watch him play.
The converted curling rink looks really odd. Thanks for the link

Reactions: Mooche

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Yes I do. I have season tickets actually. 2 players in the last 22 years have hit 2+ PPG in the Dub. He has a better chance of craping his pants on the ice than he does hitting 2 PPG. I like him as a player but expecting that from him is lunacy.
How many players have actually done that?
Does someone hold the record?

Reactions: Daximus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad