Value of: Bowen Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
My point is that you are asking for Kings ransom for great player with very serious concerns.
It is like Jack Eichel all over again.
You do not need to trade him, but if you will it will not for be full value.

As has been established many times over, the topic is coming out of thin air and there's no suggestion the Avs are trying to move him and no desire by the vast majority of Avs fans to move him.

Regarding the rest: his value is a lot more than people probably realize. The thing of it is, everyone knows that he can play at this level. Does anyone know that about half of the first round picks? What about recent high picks like Laf and Kakko? Do we know that they can play at a high level in the NHL yet? With Byram you do.

It's easy to sit there and kvetch about his concussions but you shouldn't over look some of the other glaring realities either. So in the end, there might be fewer teams interested in him. It might affect what some teams will offer. But what if there are a few teams that think he's worth the risk given the uncertainty with draft picks and so on? I think you might be surprised at what he might still get.

I know it's not fun to think about that since it throws cold water on the idea of low-ball offers.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This is true . I had a bunch of concussion ( at least 5 they know of ) Started to take seizures . Could do anything for years as i was having as many as 3 seizures a day . I stopped doing everything , relaxed and stop with anything that caused me stress . Been over 15 years now with out a seizure . Still lost my memory during those rough years . They never came back but hey I am enjoying life again .

God bless, man... thanks for the share./

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
My point is that you are asking for Kings ransom for great player with very serious concerns.
It is like Jack Eichel all over again.
You do not need to trade him, but if you will it will not for be full value.
I don’t see a single Avs fan that wants to trade Byram. This is a Lame thread that shouldn’t even exist.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
:laugh: Ok now do the last 200 games for each player.

Nobody gives one sweet f*** what Gaudreau accomplished 5 years ago, just like nobody gives a shit that Mackinnon was a 50 point player his first 3 years either.

Not to mention playoffs, convenient you didn't even respond to that part of the post.

:laugh: Man I cant stop laughing at this attempt.

Gaudreau is on pace for like 95-100 points. And doesn’t play with Makar or MacKinnon/Rantanen, and Landeskog. (His line mates from last year, Brett Richie and Sean Monahan have zero points. And sixteen points, ten on the PP… shocking he was only on a 72 point pace)

He’s also been on the ice for less goals against than any top forward in the league. He also plays in a defense first system created by Darryl Sutter.

I guess that’s bad?

and yes I did respond to the part about playoffs. Convenient you read at a third grade level.

But sure. Laugh away chuckles

Last edited:

member 334057

No way Sakic moves him. It would look bad for both him and the franchise to do so right now and might give future prospects a bad impression that winning matters more than their players health. Sakic definitely doesn't seem like that kind of guy. They'll stand behind him and work with him to see he gets back to full health, whether he plays again or not. This isn't a player asking out or disagreeing on treatment, this is a kid trying to recover from multiple concussions.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
No. The Avs are not under any obligation to absolve other teams of risk. If the Avs were to trade him, the interested teams would have to take the risk with the upside.

No team would do that at this point unless it was at a fraction of his healthy value...

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It doesn't sound like he actually has physical concussion symptoms but it's more about him not able to play like he wants because he's worried about another concussion. He'll work it out.

Obviously he won't be traded by Avs for pennies on the dollar and no one wants to pay for his full talent.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He has no current value for anyone else because his health is a huge issue right now. If he comes back, he has great value, but no one is risking anything of major value to get him right now.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
In what way? It's kind of amounted to nothing. No Avs fan wants to trade him and no fan of other teams wants to trade for him. This reality undemines your entire premise. Not to mention the vulturistic nature of it.

Actually if you read the thread there have been a number of posters who are fans of other teams that have put together potential offers on Byram if he were available... so you know... that's basically the point of threads like these.

Not to mention in my starting post I stated that this would never happen and fully recognized the gross nature of it and a terrible PR move. It's just a what if... like 99.9999% of these threads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad