Value of: Bowen Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Byram has been fantastic when he’s playing. He’s been better than Sieder. So Avs hold this kid until he’s healthy and reinsert him into their top pair.
Byram is an absolute core player.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Byram has been fantastic when he’s playing. He’s been better than Sieder. So Avs hold this kid until he’s healthy and reinsert him into their top pair.
As an Avs fans if you're gonna put things like this. I suggest you to back it up they're coming for you my guy !

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Yeah I’m not sure I agree with better, when healthy comparable for sure. Better in some aspects, worse in others. Overall Seider doesn’t have any health issues and there’s way to small of a healthy sample size for Byram to be considered to be better.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Byram has been fantastic, not sure equal to Seider. Sample size is too small.

AVs will be in contention for the next few years allowing Byram to patiently heal. With the DMen depth, no need to rush back.

Reactions: AslanRH

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Byram is untradable at this point. There are no guarantees he will make a successful recovery. The Avs would be dumb to trade him for scraps and other teams shouldn't give up much either.

Reactions: BCNate

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

Do you understand that Byram may be 1-2 concussions away from retirement?

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Yes, it would be incredibly ruthless and a terrible PR move from the Avs but they are in their cup winning window and Bowen Byram is high value young player that could potentially bring back a valuable piece for their playoff run.

The catch? Will he ever return to hockey? If so… when and in what capacity?

Could be a shrewd move for a rebuilding team to get a blue chip piece that could be a huge part of the future when they are ready to compete.

For the Avs, they need to win now and if Byram isn’t playing for them, he’s not helping towards that.

Will never happen but maybe it should???

Not anymore.

So much talent but concussion issues already is a red flag when you are asking for top dollar return.

Reactions: bernmeister

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I actually think it's an intriguing concept only because the Avs are so good right now. They really should be making win now moves.

I would consider JT Miller for Byram from Colorado's POV. The Miller proposals I've seen have not had a player of his quality. Of course the rub is that he might not make a full recovery from his issues. For simplicity's sake, let's say there's a 50% Byram bounces back and goes on to have the career many have projected. That still leaves a decent chance Byram doesn't recover and his value will never be higher. Getting JT Miller for a couple of seasons would be incredible for Colorado in that case. Vancouver takes on the risk that they essentially receive nothing for Miller in exchange for the potential upside of the BC kid getting back on track and turning into a star.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Not even close to true. And if I'm trading Byram I want someone who shows up in the playoffs, which Gaudreau does not.

Mackinnon 600 pts 599 games 1 ppg
Rantanen 362 in 366 .99 ppg
Gaudreau 533 in 554 .96 ppg

Most of Gaudreau's scoring has come 5 on 5 this year and he's been on the best defensive line in the league this year...

And don't tell me Gaudreau has played with better players because we both know that is not true.

It is absolutely close. The playoff thing is a valid point, but Tkachuk has been worse in the playoffs. And people said Ovechkin wasn't a playoff performer. Elite is elite and that's what Gaudreau is and always has been.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Byram has been fantastic, not sure equal to Seider. Sample size is too small.

AVs will be in contention for the next few years allowing Byram to patiently heal. With the DMen depth, no need to rush back.
His analytical analysis is better than Sieder. His advanced stats are incredible. Beating all his projections across the board. He’s taken two massive cheap shots to his head.

Once healthy, he’ll return to being the 1D he’s meant to be. Sieder is also a 1D in the making. So I have no intention to bad mouth him. He’s a very talented player in his own right. Byrams just been better.

Last edited:

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Not anymore.

So much talent but concussion issues already is a red flag when you are asking for top dollar return.

I'm not sure why this needs to be explained but when reading practically every comment from Avs fans but who's asking for a return? It's not like Avs fans are trying to trade him or even test the waters.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
I actually think it's an intriguing concept only because the Avs are so good right now. They really should be making win now moves.

I would consider JT Miller for Byram from Colorado's POV. The Miller proposals I've seen have not had a player of his quality. Of course the rub is that he might not make a full recovery from his issues. For simplicity's sake, let's say there's a 50% Byram bounces back and goes on to have the career many have projected. That still leaves a decent chance Byram doesn't recover and his value will never be higher. Getting JT Miller for a couple of seasons would be incredible for Colorado in that case. Vancouver takes on the risk that they essentially receive nothing for Miller in exchange for the potential upside of the BC kid getting back on track and turning into a star.

No offense but if I'm trading Byram, I'd be shooting for more than JT Miller. I'd rather roll the dice with Byram.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I'm not sure why this needs to be explained but when reading practically every comment from Avs fans but who's asking for a return? It's not like Avs fans are trying to trade him or even test the waters.

Who cares what's avs fans think?

I was answering the OP who said he was a high value asset to move to fit their cup window. I was pointing out he isn't high value anymore.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Who cares what's avs fans think?

I was answering the OP who said he was a high value asset to move to fit their cup window. I was pointing out he isn't high value anymore.

But is anyone aware that the Avs are trying to trade him? That's what your comment addresssed.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Mackinnon 600 pts 599 games 1 ppg
Rantanen 362 in 366 .99 ppg
Gaudreau 533 in 554 .96 ppg

:laugh: Ok now do the last 200 games for each player.

Nobody gives one sweet f*** what Gaudreau accomplished 5 years ago, just like nobody gives a shit that Mackinnon was a 50 point player his first 3 years either.

Not to mention playoffs, convenient you didn't even respond to that part of the post.

:laugh: Man I cant stop laughing at this attempt.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Byram just needs a hard reset. Unfortunately it's the players who don't take an extended break who suffer more later on. The body is incredibly resilient and with proper care, nutrition and therapy it can fix itself.

This is true . I had a bunch of concussion ( at least 5 they know of ) Started to take seizures . Could do anything for years as i was having as many as 3 seizures a day . I stopped doing everything , relaxed and stop with anything that caused me stress . Been over 15 years now with out a seizure . Still lost my memory during those rough years . They never came back but hey I am enjoying life again .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad