Bouchard gets the record for most assists by a defenseman in a playoff run.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
You don't think playing actual NHL quality defencemen wouldn't be an upgrade over a guy who has proven that he isn't able to play in his own zone at an acceptable standard?

joking-troll-face-typing-fb3m9a4czeu0d36a.gif

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
pretty incredible. but whats with the OP? feels like he's upset that people told him Bouchard isn't elite, thread was made to just rub it in those people's faces. petty thread but incredible feat. be nice to atleast give some info over just say Is he elite yet?

Reactions: Neil Racki

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
He doesn't even belong in the NHL with the way he disgraces the sport with his refusal to learn how to play his position. Pylons like that are the type of guy you love to play against but hate to have on your team.
thats crazy, how are your favorite star players doing in cancun these days?

grown man hating on one pro player in 80% of his forum posts is wild

commie

Jul 30, 2005
That it's pretty clearly being driven by one of the best players in history.

Kick and scream about it all you want, it's just how everyone else sees it.

Hmmm then why are there so many arguments that McDavid is not even the best in the league?

Doesn't Makar play with MacKinnon, doesn't Hughes play with Petterson?
Or are we saying now that MacKinnon is not good as McDavid? while we have been hearing the last 2-3 years that MacKinnon is just as good as McDavid?

You guys can't have it both ways. Either discredit Makar and Hughes as well for playing with one of the best players in hockey, or don't put MacK in the same sentence as McDavid.
Or a better take is that good players play with good players all the time and get good results. Give credit when good players get that good results playing with good players.

• Haha
Reactions: Ace of Hades

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
It's almost like you just describe Heiskanen.... Go figure lol. You're out to lunch if you think any GM would take Ekhom over Heiskanen LOLOL. Miro is and will be a perennial Norris candidate.

Well sure the same thing can be said for forwards as well. The point I'm making is that Bouchard is not the best dman in the NHL and not really close to it either. Hes a good player but not in the upper echelon. The point here is that an upper echelon player will *most likely* perform better as always its never a 100% guarantee (I didn't think I had to say that but alas).
I was comparing Heiskanen’s style of play to Ekholm and Bouchard, not his overall quality of play. My point is that it is quite disingenuous of you to say that Heiskanen would put up similar numbers to Bouchard with Edmonton, and it honestly completely invalidates any of your BS « opinions ». I’m pretty sure you’re just trolling at this point.

My description of Bouchard does not apply to Heiskanen AT ALL. Heiskanen is known as one of the NHL’s greatest skaters whereas Bouchard is far from it.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
On a scale of sh*t to hot takes, you earned the daily HF Mom strap on my helmet this morning medal, every GM in the league takes Miro before Evan, this is just homerism at it's finest
Come on, that’s crazy. I think it depends on team needs. Bouchard and Heiskanen have wildly different skillsets. Miro combines defensive acumen with great skating ability while Bouchard combines amazing instincts with a great shot.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
Come on, that’s crazy. I think it depends on team needs. Bouchard and Heiskanen have wildly different skillsets. Miro combines defensive acumen with great skating ability while Bouchard combines amazing instincts with a great shot.
Can't take you seriously anymore, my dog can pile up assists on that PP, its not even close and you've trolled enough, I give EB credit he's damn good, but this is nonsense

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
An all-time record is not obscure trivia, sorry. This is not a specific or an obscure record, either. It's an all-time assist record. Here are the top 5 for that title:

Evan Bouchard
Paul Coffey
Al MacInnis
Brian Leetch
Cale Makar

Is that a strong or a weak group of names?

By the way, Bobby Orr is #7 on that list, though he did do it in 15 games.

Nope but that's also my point, he sticks out like a sore thumb(to me).

Im not saying he is bad, obviously. What I am saying is that he is not the same caliber of players as the others on the list which is why the answer to who have the assist record for defencemen in a playoff might be a question that will have a surprising answer in a couple of decades.

It's abit like it's surprising to more casual fans that Sittler, someone they probably not even heard of, got the most points in a game.

Of course if he goes on to have a 5-10 year career of ppg play from here on that might change but I'd bet against it.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
He doesn't even belong in the NHL with the way he disgraces the sport with his refusal to learn how to play his position. Pylons like that are the type of guy you love to play against but hate to have on your team.
What an outstanding, completely legitimate and credible take.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Nope but that's also my point, he sticks out like a sore thumb(to me).

Im not saying he is bad, obviously. What I am saying is that he is not the same caliber of players as the others on the list which is why the answer to who have the assist record for defencemen in a playoff might be a question that will have a surprising answer in a couple of decades.

It's abit like it's surprising to more casual fans that Sittler, someone they probably not even heard of, got the most points in a game.

Of course if he goes on to have a 5-10 year career of ppg play from here on that might change but I'd bet against it.
Comparing a one game feat with an entire playoff run.

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I was comparing Heiskanen’s style of play to Ekholm and Bouchard, not his overall quality of play. My point is that it is quite disingenuous of you to say that Heiskanen would put up similar numbers to Bouchard with Edmonton, and it honestly completely invalidates any of your BS « opinions ». I’m pretty sure you’re just trolling at this point.

My description of Bouchard does not apply to Heiskanen AT ALL. Heiskanen is known as one of the NHL’s greatest skaters whereas Bouchard is far from it.

It’s disingenuous to say one of the top NHL men who is a Norris candidate wouldn’t put up the same or better point totals. lMAO what wacky tack world are you in?

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Makar, Hughes or Karlsson would not have the same chemistry with the Oilers as Bouchard does. Bouchard is a better offensive defenseman than all of those D. He's proven it in the regular season and the playoffs.

He has never proven to be better than any of those future hall of famers. LOL at thinking one playoff run puts him as an equal to Karlsson and Makar. This is simply laughable. You have to be under 18 years old, only a child would come up with this nonsense.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Comparing a one game feat with an entire playoff run.

Of course it's more impressive and I never said otherwise. My point is just that I believe this will be one of those records that in some time will belong to a relatively obscure player all things considered. Doesn't make it any less impressive.

As I said he could go on to have an all-time great career but I just don't think that will happen, would happily accept if he proved me wrong.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It’s disingenuous to say one of the top NHL men who is a Norris candidate wouldn’t put up the same or better point totals. lMAO what wacky tack world are you in?
He wouldn’t. Heiskanen doesn’t have close to the elite offensive talent that Bouchard has. You know this stuff by watching hockey, instead of just relying on reputation.

• Haha

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Bouchard is having a great playoff. Just remember the greats had great careers.
When/if he is consistently great for a number of years, we can then better discuss this topic.
We'll see.
He had a great playoff last year too.

He was a rookie before that.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Hmmm then why are there so many arguments that McDavid is not even the best in the league?

Doesn't Makar play with MacKinnon, doesn't Hughes play with Petterson?
Or are we saying now that MacKinnon is not good as McDavid? while we have been hearing the last 2-3 years that MacKinnon is just as good as McDavid?

You guys can't have it both ways. Either discredit Makar and Hughes as well for playing with one of the best players in hockey, or don't put MacK in the same sentence as McDavid.
Or a better take is that good players play with good players all the time and get good results. Give credit when good players get that good results playing with good players.
Huh? I think McDavid is the best player in the world. Who exactly are you arguing with here?

... And who does Hughes play with that is equivalent to McDavid/Mack? He's pretty clearly the best player on that team.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I like Bouchard. My point was time will tell how "elite" he is.
I think he gets in top 5 chats and maybe a Norris vote or two. But I'd be in shock if he ever won the Norris or was regarded like a Makar, Hedman or Josi (at their respective peaks). And to be clear, he's my fav Oiler. Huge fan.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
pretty incredible. but whats with the OP? feels like he's upset that people told him Bouchard isn't elite, thread was made to just rub it in those people's faces. petty thread but incredible feat. be nice to atleast give some info over just say Is he elite yet?
Is he elite yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad