Bouchard gets the record for most assists by a defenseman in a playoff run.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
You said Dallas has no game breaking talent, which is just plain false. Now you're moving the goalposts to style of play. Stay on topic.

You said this = "What teams do aside from literally only Edmonton?"

You admitted only Edmonton has this kind of talent. Cmon man who is exactly is moving the goalposts now??

I stated Dallas has "spread out scoring"

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
You said this = "What teams do aside from literally only Edmonton?"

You admitted only Edmonton has this kind of talent. Cmon man who is exactly is moving the goalposts now??

I stated Dallas has "spread out scoring"
Yes, Edmonton has the best player in the game and one of the top 3-5 of all time. Correct. You initially said Dallas has NO game breaking talent. That's incorrect.

IceManCat

Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Yes, Edmonton has the best player in the game and one of the top 3-5 of all time. Correct. You initially said Dallas has NO game breaking talent. That's incorrect.

"Game breaking" can be a loosely used word. Technically Patrick Laine is a "game breaking" talent. If we are talking elite producers, Robertson, Hintz, Benn, Seguin are not on the same planet as McDrai. I don't really think thats debatable.

IceManCat

Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I don't dislike Bouchard I think he is a talented and quality NHL defenseman. I just don't think he's better than Heiskanen and the advanced metrics show that as well as Norris voting. Bouchard may be better offensively and on the power play. But if you give GMs a number 1 pick right now and its between those two I would be hard pressed to think the grand majority of them wouldn't select Heiskanen at 1.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
"Game breaking" can be a loosely used word. Technically Patrick Laine is a "game breaking" talent. If we are talking elite producers, Robertson, Hintz, Benn, Seguin are not on the same planet as McDrai. I don't really think thats debatable.
So... Your definition of game breaking ends at McDavid and Draisaitl? I don't want to put words in your mouth, but let's lump in Matthews, Pastrnak, and Kucherov as well and that's basically it?

Robertson is absolutely, unquestionably a game breaking forward unless you have a VEEEEERY strict definition of the term limited to the above players. And Johnston is trending that way too. Maybe you misspoke, it's fine to admit it.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I don't dislike Bouchard I think he is a talented and quality NHL defenseman. I just don't think he's better than Heiskanen and the advanced metrics show that as well as Norris voting. Bouchard may be better offensively and on the power play. But if you give GMs a number 1 pick right now and its between those two I would be hard pressed to think the grand majority of them wouldn't select Heiskanen at 1.
You said he just leaches off McDavid and Draisaitl. :laugh:

Your arguments are all over the place. I do think Heiskanen is better overall. I think many would argue the same.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Heiskanen best season was a PPG. Bouchard best season was a PPG. Heiskanen is infinitely better defensively. No one would take Bouchard who leaches his points off of McDavid and Draistl. Heiskanen on the other hand doesnt have any gamebreaking talent to play with other than an old Jamie Benn. LOL at this comparison.
Lol Bouchard is leeching off points players do not put up elit numbers unless they have elite skills,Or anyone playing with McDavid or Mackinnon would all have huge numbers, these posts stating others are the reason for his points are ridiculous and show they have no clue about this game

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 11.46.56 AM.png

He is destroying everyone in A2s.

IceManCat

Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
So... Your definition of game breaking ends at McDavid and Draisaitl? I don't want to put words in your mouth, but let's lump in Matthews, Pastrnak, and Kucherov as well and that's basically it?

Robertson is absolutely, unquestionably a game breaking forward unless you have a VEEEEERY strict definition of the term limited to the above players. And Johnston is trending that way too. Maybe you misspoke, it's fine to admit it.

I'd say Mackinnon, Makar, Kutcherov and Mathews are in there too. And yes I do have a strict definition considering its a pretty arbitrary point. You could open up the "game breaking" word to include many many players or you could close it off to only a handful. I have chosen the latter rather than the former.

You said he just leaches off McDavid and Draisaitl. :laugh:

Your arguments are all over the place. I do think Heiskanen is better overall. I think many would argue the same.

Why can't two things be true at once? Oh yeah you love to close and open arguments as you see fit. Bouchard absolutely can be a great player who's points ARE ALSO INFLATED due to playing with the two best offensive players in the world. Why in the world this is hard for you to understand is beyond comprehension. This had been the case for several forwards and defenseman all throughout the decades of hockey. Brian Campbell produced far more on contending teams than teams whom weren't contenders, that's only one example, and its only natural for that to be the case.

View attachment 885182

First in goals by D too!

Now do it by averaged games played...

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Very true, if a player plays way more games he will score more points. Imagine that ...
1718988846166.png

Same number of games (almost) then the Florida D.

Makar, for instance, played half as many games but beat out the Florida guys in 11 games (vs 22). I'd argue there is a lot more to it than games played. But, for sure, playing more games is beneificial to a point total.

Has more points than Forsling and Montour combined. Unless that 1 game is considered 'way more games'?

Bouch has 32 points in these playoffs
Florida's entire D core has 40 point in the same playoffs

1718989064100.png

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
he's t-1st in goals, 1st in 1st assists, and 1st in 2nd assists.

He's a puck distributing defenceman whose best qualities are his shot and his hockey IQ. What did you expect?
Yes, but you're totally not getting it!

If you erase 19 points for 'reasons' then he has less points and is not as good.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Very true. If you strip away points from a player then they have less points.

You're right, Dahlin is the worst D in the league because he had 0 points this playoffs.

he's t-1st in goals, 1st in 1st assists, and 1st in 2nd assists.

He's a puck distributing defenceman whose best qualities are his shot and his hockey IQ. What did you expect?

I just posted that he is destroying people in A2s while not setting himself apart anywhere else.

Edmonton fans seem to be upset for me posting a fact, not sure why.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You're right, Dahlin is the worst D in the league because he had 0 points this playoffs.

I just posted that he is destroying people in A2s while not setting himself apart anywhere else.

He's first in every scoring category for defencemen.

No Leaf D had more than 1 primary assist. Maybe if y'all had someone to distribute the puck on the back end you wouldn't be a first round KO every year.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Interesting takeaway regarding Dahlin. Guess you could say the same about Orr if this how you want to argue. Also 0 points in these playoffs. Fun argument.

How is 1st in goals and 1st in primary assists not setting himself apart?

Reactions: capazzo

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
some of the arguments I'm reading are so stupid I can't, surely you don't believe half the shit yourselves

Reactions: PuckG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad