Bouchard gets the record for most assists by a defenseman in a playoff run.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How do you expect me to compare Bouchard and Heiskanen if you only give Heiskanen's numbers? And most of those are even aggregates whose predictive value has been obscured.

Here, let me try.

5on5 CA/60:
Bouchard: 48.33
Heiskanen: 51.20

5on5 xGA/60:
Bouchard: 2.39
Heiskanen: 2.06

Relative:

5on5 CA/60 relative:
Bouchard: -7.5
Heiskanen: -6.83

5on5 xGA/60 relative
Bouchard: -0.15
Heiskanen: -0.14

Oh, and these are regular season numbers. So this comparison heavily favors Heiskanen. If I was using playoff numbers instead, 5on5 CA/60 instead for example:

Bouchard: 48.07
Heiskanen: 62,01

And in case you cannot read these stats, of the 5 I gave, Bouchard is better in 4. And these are purely defensive stats.

And considering that I don't even need to prove that Bouchard is better than Heiskanen defensively(since that's not what I was arguing), it's looking pretty good. I only need to show that Heiskanen is not "infinitely better" defensively. Which I think I've accomplished.

(source naturalstattrick.com)

Reactions: Czechboy

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
It's a lot easier to spout off assumptions and repeat what other people say than actually spend the time to watch the player play. Any offensive dman, and one that plays with elite players, is not going to get their due. Draisaitl was called a product of McDavid for a couple of years before he earned his respect.

Bouchard is a fantastic dman and a huge asset in the PP. Going to be pricy soon enough.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad