GDT: Boston Bruins Scrimmage - 1-15-13 - Babies 7 - Big Boys 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
No surprise here. P-Bruins have been playing together for several months now. A bunch of the guys on the Bruins are just getting off their couches.

I have no issues with the Robbins/McQuaid fight. It's mutual and it happens in training camp on a regular basis, so I'm not sure why this is shocking to people to see them drop gloves in a scrimmage.

I don't think you can chalk it up like that. The worst Boston player is probably better than the best Providence player, and most of the Bruins have played this season. As for chemistry, sure it takes time to get some of it back, but all of these players are very familiar with each other and the lines were pretty much exactly the same as last year.

It's only one game, and a scrimmage at that, so it's not a big deal, but I do think the result was pretty shocking, especially when you consider that Boston had more players playing during the lockout than any other NHL team, and Providence is mediocre in the AHL.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Told yas,I work with Adam,s good friend and he speaks to him alot and he is 100% and never felt better say for he needs more time to skate like most them,No worries there he was in scrap,Its part his game,He told buddy i work with his agent Orr i think he said told him while back he had to change his game he wants to be noticed,Thus he fights now too,

no offense dude but reading your posts is a ****ing chore :laugh:

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
I for one, am happy that Rico Suave showed up tonight. That's how dynamic the kid can be when he's healthy. I full believe if he didnt go through all those injuries, he'd be on the Bruins or some other nhl team right now.

He did well tonight and seems to have talent. Atleast statistically his numbers have been weak in Providence so I guess that's why he isn't getting considered this time around.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
good to know he is feeling that well. I didn't keep up much with the players in the offseason so I was shocked to see him go. But if he is 100% and ready that is great news.

according to guy i work with from PEI who knows him well he feels great.He blames all the head probs on the clot.Good to go and hope i worded that right,its second hand talk,but something i did rememeber perfect is he said he was 100% ready.and that was wks ago.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
according to guy i work with from PEI who knows him well he feels great.He blames all the head probs on the clot.Good to go and hope i worded that right,its second hand talk,but something i did rememeber perfect is he said he was 100% ready.and that was wks ago.

you know I never even tought that might be the reason for the head injuries. hope it is cleared up for good now and he is healthy for the long term. Love the kids game.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I don't think you can chalk it up like that. The worst Boston player is probably better than the best Providence player, and most of the Bruins have played this season. As for chemistry, sure it takes time to get some of it back, but all of these players are very familiar with each other and the lines were pretty much exactly the same as last year.

It's only one game, and a scrimmage at that, so it's not a big deal, but I so think the result was pretty shocking.

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm counting at least 10 Bruins on the roster who did not play during the lockout. It's their first time on the ice together in a game since April... Providence has been playing together in both practice and games since September. Lots of rust to shake off by the Bruins while that's about as sharp as Providence will look. Add that to the fact that it's a scrimmage and you could tell a lot of the Bruins players were treating it like that...well, again, not shocking to me.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

It's only one game, and a scrimmage at that, so it's not a big deal, but I do think the result was pretty shocking, especially when you consider that Boston had more players playing during the lockout than any other NHL team, and Providence is mediocre in the AHL.

Playing overseas with a different team on a different sized ice surface under a different coach in a different system doesn't help with chemistry with your NHL line mates though.. The guys are more in shape and familiarized with the nuances than say, Lucic who sat on his couch the entire lock out.. but that doesn't automatically make them unstoppable versus an AHL team.

I'm not shocked they lost.. I am a little shocked that Dobby and Rask let in 11 goals between them though, haha. scrimmage or not, that's surprising.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
you know I never even tought that might be the reason for the head injuries. hope it is cleared up for good now and he is healthy for the long term. Love the kids game.

Like his game too,Nice simple and tough back there.Makes team tougher as a whole.Hope he stays healthy .

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
He did well tonight and seems to have talent. Atleast statistically his numbers have been weak in Providence so I guess that's why he isn't getting considered this time around.

He's been hammered by injuries since the beginning. Hip, wrist, etc etc

All he has to do is show he can stay healthy for a full year and his play would reap the benefits.

bosoxmrkn

Dec 1, 2009
Stratham, NH
www.eashlforum.com
IMO this is exactly what they needed... light a little fire under their ass. The P bruins had something to prove and they did. The Bruins now know how much work needs to be done, and both goaltenders know that they aren't yet ready.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
IMO this is exactly what they needed... light a little fire under their ass. The P bruins had something to prove and they did. The Bruins now know how much work needs to be done, and both goaltenders know that they aren't yet ready.

Pretty much.I rather lose this game then win it,cause it will make them all more hungry and u can bet they will practice even harder .Rangers are always a tough game for them so lets hope Rangers have same problems.:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad