GDT: Boston Bruins Scrimmage - 1-15-13 - Babies 7 - Big Boys 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
No surprise here. P-Bruins have been playing together for several months now. A bunch of the guys on the Bruins are just getting off their couches.

I have no issues with the Robbins/McQuaid fight. It's mutual and it happens in training camp on a regular basis, so I'm not sure why this is shocking to people to see them drop gloves in a scrimmage.

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
To all the people compaling about robbins .....:laugh::laugh::laugh: He was told to play tonight, and fighting is part of his game. No big deal, Mcquaid was looking for it anyways.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I don't put any stock in this at all. Providence has been playing together, and Boston hasn't. Plus, there's always the fact that I don't think Boston really cares about this outting...and you know Providence wants to beat an NHL team any day it can...

Tighten it up, boys. No biggie.

for sure no biggie. guys are out there trying to get their timing with their linemates. loosen up and try not to get hurt. A lot of guys have been playing but now they have to get back into the box +1 mindset. Bet they were not playing that style in europe.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He couldnt look anymore rusty than the goalies tonight.

Its first game ,and exhibition vs team they like and know :laugh: Thomas costing Bruins vs Cap this yr so yea go head and tie more money up in him,No thanks rather lose..He is not on Bruins anymore and I am gonna cheer on what they have,,

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Don't forget there was almost no net-front defense since it was a relatively friendly scrimmage. Anyone playing like that in front of the net during the season would get laid out before they could lift their sticks.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Ha ha....good job, PB's, that's what happens when a bunch of guys who've been slacking for the last four months suit up against working men!

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
No surprise here. P-Bruins have been playing together for several months now. A bunch of the guys on the Bruins are just getting off their couches.

I have no issues with the Robbins/McQuaid fight. It's mutual and it happens in training camp on a regular basis, so I'm not sure why this is shocking to people to see them drop gloves in a scrimmage.

mostly because Adam had surgery for blood clots recently not to mention he missed the playoffs last year with head injuries. was not so much shock of fighting in general just the shock of who.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
mostly because Adam had surgery for blood clots recently not to mention he missed the playoffs last year with head injuries. was not so much shock of fighting in general just the shock of who.

He should of declined then. I love Darth, but if you dont want to fight, dont go looking for trouble.

I for one, expected at least ONE fight. I didn't expect Adam to go at all but...

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
No sweat with goaltending. IF Rask fails, Bobby Lou will be available in offseason. A few minor tweaks and my Lemelin jersey lives again!

Rask will shine, no concerns about him at all. Lucic is the guy I'm concerned with,, he looks horrible out there.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Huge crowd for the Providence side to play in front of in a no lose situation. Goaltending was a problem but I'm not worried at all yet. Lucic did look very, very slow. The team wasn't terrible and there were bright spots (Peverley and Bourque). Overall take away very little from a preseason scrimmage.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

McQuaid has something to prove and since the situation called for it, I don't see it as much of a shock. Quad is a tough kid..to me, it would have been more of a shock if he backed down. It's just part of the game and part of HIS game...IMO, it was good to see.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
He should of declined then. I love Darth, but if you dont want to fight, dont go looking for trouble.

I for one, expected at least ONE fight. I didn't expect Adam to go at all but...

oh I agree adam was the one to start it. I am just shocked in general not blaming anyone

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I for one, am happy that Rico Suave showed up tonight. That's how dynamic the kid can be when he's healthy. I full believe if he didnt go through all those injuries, he'd be on the Bruins or some other nhl team right now.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Told yas,I work with Adam,s good friend and he speaks to him alot and he is 100% and never felt better say for he needs more time to skate like most them,No worries there he was in scrap,Its part his game,He told buddy i work with his agent Orr i think he said told him while back he had to change his game he wants to be noticed,Thus he fights now too,

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT

Yeah, I winced a bit when the gloves came off...But also smiled when 'Quaider went right over there...No hesitation...

That's 'Quaider. :)

Can't take it out of him. Wouldn't want to.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
In all fairness, PRO played it like it was a game, BOS played like it was a scrimmage.

Definitely need to emphasize this point.

Whenever Boston crashed Dobby, the Providence guys cleared the crease. Every single time.

But when Providence did it? Nothing. The best example was that goal where Sauve (was it Sauve?) was allowed to just keep whacking away at Tuukka's pad. In a real game, he would have been knocked on his ass before he got a second attempt in. That and Rask would have tried covering it.

But again, this Providence team has been playing as a team for months now. The Bruins haven't played together in like 9 months. They certainly have more talent but the rust and timing issues negate almost all of it.

Nothing to be worried about in the slightest though.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
oh I agree adam was the one to start it. I am just shocked in general not blaming anyone

It's all good. I just think if he wasn't 100% in terms of coming back, he wouldn't be out there. Come saturday, things will be different. I hope he can stay healthy and not trip and fall into the boards anymore :sarcasm:

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Told yas,I work with Adam,s good friend and he speaks to him alot and he is 100% and never felt better say for he needs more time to skate like most them,No worries there he was in scrap,Its part his game,He told buddy i work with his agent Orr i think he said told him while back he had to change his game he wants to be noticed,Thus he fights now too,

good to know he is feeling that well. I didn't keep up much with the players in the offseason so I was shocked to see him go. But if he is 100% and ready that is great news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad