Post-Game Talk: Boston 3 Dallas 1

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Other than Jamie Benn and Seguin, Dallas are for the most post unimpressive.

Never going to win a cup playing the way they do.

I told them that in a thread about what they need to win a Cup. I said until they got a goalie and a defense they weren't going anywhere.

They didn't like it very much.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I wasn't trying to make fun of your post. And I know the bruins outshot them.

I think the Stars had more quality scoring chances and maybe played better than the score indicated. Meaning maybe rask stole one.

I don't know. Seguin was very noticeable on the PP,but most shots if not all were out high. I thought the real scoring chances were fairly even but the PPs in the third period slanted it in Dallas' favor. The PK was excellent the first 3 times clearing the puck but had trouble on the last 3 and that's what people most remember,what they saw last and not so much the totality of it all.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I wasn't trying to make fun of your post. And I know the bruins outshot them.

I think the Stars had more quality scoring chances and maybe played better than the score indicated. Meaning maybe rask stole one.

B's kind of went prevent after the PP goal, which is part of that. If anything the one goal given up was awfully soft. Both goalies made some big stops, and got a bit lucky.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Pens fan coming in peace. I didn't get to watch the game but saw that goal by Dougie Hamilton. What a snipe. You guys have a good one. I shudder to think about how he will do in a few years and with Chara mentoring him. Not looking forward to it.

Also what a beauty of a pass by Soderberg.

It must feel good to beat Dallas and keep Seguin off the score sheet. Good game.

Dougie has all kinds of talent, but is a work in progress.

Seguin had his chances last night, but Rask was razor sharp (except 1 soft goal).

Dallas is a fast skating team, but I wasn't impressed by their defense.

A Pens fan from Boston? What's this world coming to?

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
B's kind of went prevent after the PP goal, which is part of that. If anything the one goal given up was awfully soft. Both goalies made some big stops, and got a bit lucky.

To be honest I didn't watch. I was just going by the highlights. It usually gives you an indication of how the game went and I thought Rask made some highlight reel saves.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Game could have gone either way. Rask let in a soft one, but bailed the team out on way too many occasions. Defense did a great job of clearing secondary chances though. Chara was great.

I don't think Pastrnak deserved to get passed over in parts of the 3rd (or Caron for that matter). It felt like the ice again was tilted in the wrong direction in the 3rd period, despite the line adjustments. Again, it irritates me that approach isn't taken with some veterans when appropriate. Too often the 4th line is ineffective, yet they are still out there every 4th shift come hell or high water. I win is a win... I guess.

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
Dougie has all kinds of talent, but is a work in progress.

Seguin had his chances last night, but Rask was razor sharp (except 1 soft goal).

Dallas is a fast skating team, but I wasn't impressed by their defense.

A Pens fan from Boston? What's this world coming to?

I'm definitely jealous that you guys have Dougie Hamilton. Also, you are right about his talent. I think having Julien and Chara around to round out his defensive game will help him immensely. What do you all think? I like watching him when things click for him.

Dallas has speed to burn but they are a long way from the days of Hatcher, Zubov, Sydor, and Matvichuk.

My father was big Flyers fan during the Broad Street Bullies days and hated the Big Bad Bruins so cheering for them was definitely out of the question :laugh: I've been lurking on your board for a long time though because a lot of the posters here are very knowledgeable about the game. I think this board is one the most knowledgeable here. Thanks for being very welcoming.

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
was at the game last night, first ever road game, and my goodness there were a ton of Bruins fans.:amazed: It was a great atmosphere and even better that the B's won :handclap:

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I'm going to chime in here and say that I do think that the Bruins have finally gotten themselves on track. I still believe that they're in need of a couple of pieces if they want to have real potential of going far in the Playoffs, but they're now moving in the right direction with the pieces they have in play. I no longer think that there should be any real concern of them possibly missing the Playoffs, as long as they can stay healthy. Of course the teams below the Bruins in the Standings are also helping with this sort of optimistic perspective, as it looks as though few are putting on any real challenge.

Last edited:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Game could have gone either way. Rask let in a soft one, but bailed the team out on way too many occasions. Defense did a great job of clearing secondary chances though. Chara was great.

I don't think Pastrnak deserved to get passed over in parts of the 3rd (or Caron for that matter). It felt like the ice again was tilted in the wrong direction in the 3rd period, despite the line adjustments. Again, it irritates me that approach isn't taken with some veterans when appropriate. Too often the 4th line is ineffective, yet they are still out there every 4th shift come hell or high water. I win is a win... I guess.

He wasn't "passed over" - he's an 18-year-old kid who's going to get sheltered minutes, as Chiarelli said when he announced he was staying.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

our defense is weak.
big plus that chara seems to be getting better though.
i think seides should be paired with chara now. he needs a pick me up.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I'm definitely jealous that you guys have Dougie Hamilton. Also, you are right about his talent. I think having Julien and Chara around to round out his defensive game will help him immensely. What do you all think? I like watching him when things click for him.

Dallas has speed to burn but they are a long way from the days of Hatcher, Zubov, Sydor, and Matvichuk.

My father was big Flyers fan during the Broad Street Bullies days and hated the Big Bad Bruins so cheering for them was definitely out of the question :laugh: I've been lurking on your board for a long time though because a lot of the posters here are very knowledgeable about the game. I think this board is one the most knowledgeable here. Thanks for being very welcoming.

Dougie is still growing out of his Bambi stage, but when he puts on another 15-20 pounds and gets some more experience he's going to be awesome. He's always been mature for his age and is very intelligent, and has learned so much from Chara already. I can't think of anyone better to mentor him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
was at the game last night, first ever road game, and my goodness there were a ton of Bruins fans.:amazed: It was a great atmosphere and even better that the B's won :handclap:

buddy of mine was in Big D a month or so ago for business, said there were a ton of empty seats on a Friday or Saturday night game (can`t recall which) then looked in the paper the next day, said it was a "sellout"

what was last night like for empty seats?

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
He wasn't "passed over" - he's an 18-year-old kid who's going to get sheltered minutes, as Chiarelli said when he announced he was staying.

He got bumped out of the rotation late in the game. We saw Smith, Paille, and Cunningham get reps on that line. That's getting passed over. Just saying I don't think his play on the ice warranted that move. I'm sure it was a decision based on trust. Paille made two or three bone head plays along the boards that could have burnt them, but he didn't miss a beat. Much of Julien's in game adjustments aren't based on game performance. They got a win and a PP goal, but 5 on 5 they were badly outplayed in the 3rd. Not a result of simply Pastrnak.... though I do think juggling 3 or the 4 lines had a negative effect on their play. It was a curious decision given they way the first two periods went with four lines consistently in tact and carrying the play at ES.

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
Dougie is still growing out of his Bambi stage, but when he puts on another 15-20 pounds and gets some more experience he's going to be awesome. He's always been mature for his age and is very intelligent, and has learned so much from Chara already. I can't think of anyone better to mentor him.

He will be really scary once he's fully matured. You guys got a good one with him. Imagine if he develops a mean streak like Chara? That will be scary.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
He got bumped out of the rotation late in the game. We saw Smith, Paille, and Cunningham get reps on that line. That's getting passed over. Just saying I don't think his play on the ice warranted that move. I'm sure it was a decision based on trust. Paille made two or three bone head plays along the boards that could have burnt them, but he didn't miss a beat. Much of Julien's in game adjustments aren't based on game performance. They got a win and a PP goal, but 5 on 5 they were badly outplayed in the 3rd. Not a result of simply Pastrnak.... though I do think juggling 3 or the 4 lines had a negative effect on their play. It was a curious decision given they way the first two periods went with four lines consistently in tact and carrying the play at ES.

He had a couple good back checks, but overall didn't think Pasta had a great game so wasn't surprised to see him on the bench in a tight game. He was losing lots of battles and just didn't seem to have it going.

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
buddy of mine was in Big D a month or so ago for business, said there were a ton of empty seats on a Friday or Saturday night game (can`t recall which) then looked in the paper the next day, said it was a "sellout"

what was last night like for empty seats?

it was almost capacity , lots of bruins fans

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
He had a couple good back checks, but overall didn't think Pasta had a great game so wasn't surprised to see him on the bench in a tight game. He was losing lots of battles and just didn't seem to have it going.

He should be developing with Soderberg and Kelly against lower pairings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad