Post-Game Talk: Boston 3 Dallas 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Julien also noted post game that the speed of the game was pretty intense and hinted that Pasta was getting a bit overwhelmed. Sitting on the bench and resting/watching probably did him some good. He looked cheerful enough afterward.

That game was a lot faster paced than a usual B's game. Notice how out of breath Kelly and Loui were during their interviews. Didn't surprise me that they sat the kid for a few shifts.

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
Pens fan coming in peace. I didn't get to watch the game but saw that goal by Dougie Hamilton. What a snipe. You guys have a good one. I shudder to think about how he will do in a few years and with Chara mentoring him. Not looking forward to it.

Also what a beauty of a pass by Soderberg.

It must feel good to beat Dallas and keep Seguin off the score sheet. Good game.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
PK didn't K any P's tonight. They survived them. Huge difference. All hail Rask! PK still needs a lot of work.

Yep.

Sort of how I feel about the game. If people look at the score and think lol Dallas, I don't know what to tell you. We definitely had a tough match up. We allowed 37 shots, 17 from Seguin/Benn line alone. The only person who had a solution for that line was Rask who had to beast it out to get the win.

I was just happy to take the 2 points and get the **** out of there. They've got some problems but they are not a team I would like to face more than twice a year.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Yep.

Sort of how I feel about the game. If people look at the score and think lol Dallas, I don't know what to tell you. We definitely had a tough match up. We allowed 37 shots, 17 from Seguin/Benn line alone. The only person who had a solution for that line was Rask who had to beast it out to get the win.

I was just happy to take the 2 points and get the **** out of there. They've got some problems but they are not a team I would like to face more than twice a year.

15 shots on 6 power plays which is twice as many as an average Bruins game.

Berge56

Oct 23, 2014
I didn't get to watch the beginning half of the game, but we got a win, killed some bs penalties and that's all that matters. Winning is winning. Let's finish strong before the all star break.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Yep.

Their style of play is certainly exciting as hell. They create a ton of opportunities with their speed and their forwards really know how to carry the puck. That being said, their D core is atrocious. It seems none of them really like to play defense. They created tons of opportunities in the offensive zone and have great shots, but man on all 3 Bruins goals I thought the defensemen looked incredibly lazy. They follow the puck and not the player.

And that Seguin/Benn duo is one of the best in the league. The B's played them similar to how they play Geno/Sid. Try to clear the crease and force shots from the outside. I thought they did a great job. Minimized the high opportunity plays, kept shots to the perimeter, and blocked a lot of shots. Essentially what Montreal did to us last year. Goalie played well and made big saves when needed.

mmonty

Mar 9, 2013
At 3:49 in the highlight video (on nhl.com) just before Lucic runs Jordie Benn, is [whoever it is that's yelling in a panicked-sounding voice] yelling "Hey, Jordie, Jordie!"? :)

Would love to see that hit. Got a link to that video? The one I watched on NHL site was only a minute and a half and didn't have that hit.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
NKESZLo.jpg

That's Amaaaaazong

Pens fan coming in peace. I didn't get to watch the game but saw that goal by Dougie Hamilton. What a snipe. You guys have a good one. I shudder to think about how he will do in a few years and with Chara mentoring him. Not looking forward to it.

Also what a beauty of a pass by Soderberg.

It must feel good to beat Dallas and keep Seguin off the score sheet. Good game.

Hamilton's defensive game needs a lot of tutoring. His offensive game is beautiful. I guess fairly typical for a young talented blueliner.

So last night I payed special attention to Pasta's defensive zone play. WOW. Kid made some incredible back checks. Really impressed by that side of his game, wasn't expecting it.

And I think some of you really need to put the "our 4th line is bad" thing to rest. Yes, it's the 4th line, our worst line. Yes, it may not be as good as the cup year. But it's been doing a lot of good things of late.

As for that Loui goal, wow. All 3 players played like studs on that. Incredible.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Their style of play is certainly exciting as hell. They create a ton of opportunities with their speed and their forwards really know how to carry the puck. That being said, their D core is atrocious. It seems none of them really like to play defense. They created tons of opportunities in the offensive zone and have great shots, but man on all 3 Bruins goals I thought the defensemen looked incredibly lazy. They follow the puck and not the player.

And that Seguin/Benn duo is one of the best in the league. The B's played them similar to how they play Geno/Sid. Try to clear the crease and force shots from the outside. I thought they did a great job. Minimized the high opportunity plays, kept shots to the perimeter, and blocked a lot of shots. Essentially what Montreal did to us last year. Goalie played well and made big saves when needed.

Yeah it's pretty obvious the lack of defense is the main thing that holds them back.

But I saw it differently and thought we struggled a lot with Seguin's line. They didn't blow past us on the rush like I expected but they were able to get in and execute what appeared to be a shooting gallery at times. Seemed like they had us completely pinned most of their shifts. These were not easy, routine saves on perimeter shots Rask had to make against that line.

However I do think we did a great job blocking shots and it helped.

I dunno, if Rask decided to be a human I think that game would have gone a very different and ugly way.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Yeah it's pretty obvious the lack of defense is the main thing that holds them back.

But I saw it differently and thought we struggled a lot with Seguin's line. They didn't blow past us on the rush like I expected but they were able to get in and execute what appeared to be a shooting gallery at times. Seemed like they had us completely pinned most of their shifts. These were not easy, routine saves on perimeter shots Rask had to make against that line.

I dunno, if Rask decided to be a human I think that game would have gone a very different and ugly way.

And if my auntie had cojones, she'd be my uncle. ;)

Coulda, woulda. If the Bruins had connected a few more times, it might have been 6-1. They had Dallas pinned quite a bit themselves, and last I knew, the goalie is part of the team. Solid road win.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

I think you missed the few shifts the Soderberg line pinned them in their own end.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Awesome game last night. Didn't know if the bruins could handle that fast paced of a game and didn't think they could do that well on the PK against them. glad they came out and got two important points coming up on the break. Tuukka was great as was Yeti. Also, what a shot by dougie on his goal. Go B's and lets get another 2 tonight

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I think you missed the few shifts the Soderberg line pinned them in their own end.

No, I didn't miss them. They were able to counter at times and even better that they made it count. I'm not saying it was the whole game but overall I think we had a difficult time controlling them. Like most teams do.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
No, I didn't miss them. They were able to counter at times and even better that they made it count. I'm not saying it was the whole game but overall I think we had a difficult time controlling them. Like most teams do.

Bruins outshot Dallas 23-21 ES. Benn and Seguin had 4 shots on net ES.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Benn and Seguin had 15 shots,11 on the PP.

I'm not good at searching but I would love to find the post that said this.....

"Rank never steals games. Let's trade for Scrivens because he plays in front of bad D and still steals a game once in a while."

:facepalm::facepalm:

jdz

May 22, 2013
Dallas play a fast exciting style but I'm not convinced it's effective.

The plays that their wings make on the boards and how deep forward their center skates expecting a breakout pass from the defense makes it extremely hard for the defenders to get out of trouble a lot of times.

Expecting your two D to make perfect Hail Mary outlets half the time probably isn't the most effective strategy for winning a cup.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

Our PK is so slow and badly coached that it leaves a lot of space and time to PP ****** like Benn and Seguin. Other than on the PP, they're nothing against any half-decent team.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Dallas play a fast exciting style but I'm not convinced it's effective.

The plays that their wings make on the boards and how deep forward their center skates expecting a breakout pass from the defense makes it extremely hard for the defenders to get out of trouble a lot of times.

Expecting your two D to make perfect Hail Mary outlets half the time probably isn't the most effective strategy for winning a cup.

It's impressive to watch and has a great "wow" factor, like a Lamborghini. But you don't drive a Lamborghini in the Dakar Rally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad