Post-Game Talk: Boston 3 Dallas 1

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
NKESZLo.jpg

:laugh:

Good one!

Now Closefish needs bring home the win tomorrow and our guys get some rest before the end of season push for a playoff spot.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Nice win tonight. The Soderberg line was good and Loui looked like he had a pep I his step. Cunningham was buzzing tonight. Rask was huge and so was the PK. Finally, it was nice to see the symphony of goal posts play to the Bruins advantage for once.

jdz

May 22, 2013
I've missed you, Bruins PK. Thank you for showing up these past 7 games after going MIA for the first half of the season. And thank you, PP, for being only partially (instead of completely) embarrassing tonight.

The "Tuukka" chants made me warm and fuzzy inside. ;)

Decent to average PK + Added Chara pokecheck and physical presence = Very good PK

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I feel like Pasta getting his minutes cut was more about an 18 year old playing back to back road games than anything. I know they play all weekend in Providence, but this is different.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I feel like Pasta getting his minutes cut was more about an 18 year old playing back to back road games than anything. I know they play all weekend in Providence, but this is different.

Exactly. Chiarelli said when they announced he was staying that there would be times when he'd have his playing time reduced. They're going to be careful with him, not ride him like a rented mule.

Julien also noted post game that the speed of the game was pretty intense and hinted that Pasta was getting a bit overwhelmed. Sitting on the bench and resting/watching probably did him some good. He looked cheerful enough afterward.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
At 3:49 in the highlight video (on nhl.com) just before Lucic runs Jordie Benn, is [whoever it is that's yelling in a panicked-sounding voice] yelling "Hey, Jordie, Jordie!"? :)

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
Decent to average PK + Added Chara pokecheck and physical presence = Very good PK

But see, I thought the PK wasn't that awesome last season either (difference was that we had a very good PP to make up for it). I'd love it if we can get the PK back to 2011 level...

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Absolutely. Frankly, having an 18 year old be on the first (or 1A/1B) line in the NHL isn't ideal except in rare circumstances. We don't have a better option for now - and while he's certainly proven himself, he does need a little seasoning before he's completely ready.

I'm glad Julien "shortened the bench" and rested Pasta for the latter part of the game. It (finally!) shows some willingness to be flexible - and this flexibility can flummox the opposing coach. I haven't seen any REALLY boneheaded moves from Pastrnak in the past two games, but I haven't seen that same spark in the two games where he scored two goals.

The kid's still probably taking it all in. Give him some time, and he'll be great.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Absolutely. Frankly, having an 18 year old be on the first (or 1A/1B) line in the NHL isn't ideal except in rare circumstances. We don't have a better option for now - and while he's certainly proven himself, he does need a little seasoning before he's completely ready.

I'm glad Julien "shortened the bench" and rested Pasta for the latter part of the game. It (finally!) shows some willingness to be flexible - and this flexibility can flummox the opposing coach. I haven't seen any REALLY boneheaded moves from Pastrnak in the past two games, but I haven't seen that same spark in the two games where he scored two goals.

The kid's still probably taking it all in. Give him some time, and he'll be great.

I like the kid in the lineup just not sure if he is what Krejci and Lucic need. As mentioned we don't have any other options . I think we have to keep Soda and Loui together ,the chemistry is obvious.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Commenting on a game I didn`t watch (past this old man`s bed time) would be irresponsible but sure nice to wake up to see our boys get the 2pts

Sweeter since the Seguin deal? Sure, I guess so, truth is, I spend little of my spare time being one bit concerned about how the Stars are playing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad