Post-Game Talk: Boston 3 Dallas 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
He got bumped out of the rotation late in the game. We saw Smith, Paille, and Cunningham get reps on that line. That's getting passed over. Just saying I don't think his play on the ice warranted that move. I'm sure it was a decision based on trust. Paille made two or three bone head plays along the boards that could have burnt them, but he didn't miss a beat. Much of Julien's in game adjustments aren't based on game performance. They got a win and a PP goal, but 5 on 5 they were badly outplayed in the 3rd. Not a result of simply Pastrnak.... though I do think juggling 3 or the 4 lines had a negative effect on their play. It was a curious decision given they way the first two periods went with four lines consistently in tact and carrying the play at ES.

Pastrnak is at times going to have his ice time reduced or even sit out a few games. It has little to do with performance or punishment and everything to do with not running an 18-year-old who has never played more than 36 games a season into the ground. Chiarelli and Julien have both said this, publicly, and to Pastrnak as well.

As for Cunningham, he played 8:03, three minutes less than Pastrnak, and that's including 2:56 on the PK. Paille played 15:20, but that's including 4:06 on the PK (almost half again as much as Bergeron). Julien was deliberate in what he was doing; as he said after the game, he shortened the bench, but he also spread out the minutes among the forwards, keeping them all below 19 minutes (with the lone exception of Eriksson, who skated 21:25, probably most of it on adrenalin). They have another game tonight, and he has to weigh how his guys are doing with an eye to both.

Last edited:

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
He should be developing with Soderberg and Kelly against lower pairings.

I don't mind him with Krejci at all, they seem to have some nice chemistry. No problem with CJ limiting his minutes either. Playing against better players isn't going to hurt him. I'm sure we'll see him on a couple different lines and maybe even in the press box for a few.

In regards to the Roussel comment, guys like him, Rinaldo, Carcillo, Cooke etc etc don't particularly care whose on the ice. Won't prevent them from taking a run and you can't wrap the kid in bubble wrap.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't mind him with Krejci at all, they seem to have some nice chemistry. No problem with CJ limiting his minutes either. Playing against better players isn't going to hurt him. I'm sure we'll see him on a couple different lines and maybe even in the press box for a few.

In regards to the Roussel comment, guys like him, Rinaldo, Carcillo, Cooke etc etc don't particularly care whose on the ice. Won't prevent them from taking a run and you can't wrap the kid in bubble wrap.

In regards to your first paragraph, totally agree and it`s pretty much precisely what Chia said in Behind the B`s , even taking things a step further saying that Pasta needs to prepare himself for potentially having to play a game here or there back in Providence as 18 year old`s often have those peaks and valleys in their play

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I was watching part of the game on Bruins in 2 and I have to say that I'm much happier with the effort level in this part of the season compared to earlier. They aren't a dominant team like last year but when they compete hard it's a very likable group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad