PTO: [BOS] F Tyler Johnson signs PTO with the Bruins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_9266.jpeg

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
We've been collectively saying this for years and it never happens. I wouldn't put money on it.

Off season moves aside that D core still excellent too.

We'll see. Let's see what the numbers look like with Korpi playing behind it for 30-40 games and not Ullmark. I expect it won't look quite as good.

But the main issue is the forwards for me.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
We'll see. Let's see what the numbers look like with Korpi playing behind it for 30-40 games and not Ullmark. I expect it won't look quite as good.

Quick Look at the numbers tells me they were 13th in scoring last year.

Did they really lose that much in free agency? I’d say they are a net gain for sure

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
How was he not signed? I could see him having a big year like Blake Coleman did given the right line.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
He was a 30 pt player because of his PP time. 15 pts even strength, 16 on the PP.

He ain't getting that in Boston if he makes the team.
Hes around a 0.5 PPG player the past two seasons on probably the worst offensive team we've seen in a while. I think less PP time and a better team around him is a tradeoff that works.

And i don't doubt he wouldnt find #2PP mins there.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Not sure why he would sign a PTO with Boston considering they are already strong up the middle. It doesn't look like a fit stylistically as well.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Hes around a 0.5 PPG player the past two seasons on probably the worst offensive team we've seen in a while. I think less PP time and a better team around him is a tradeoff that works.
I don't think he's going to make the team. But we'll see.

Not sure why he would sign a PTO with Boston considering they are already strong up the middle. It doesn't look like a fit stylistically as well.
He's played a bunch of wing over the years.

Reactions: bh53, BHD and cc

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

I'd have Lindholm as an upgrade over the exiting DeBrusk. Especially since it was long rumoured he wanted Boston. Heinen, Beyond that they didn't really lose anyone of impact unless I've over looked someone obvious.

Johnson could be a good depth vet. A potential JVR replacement.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think TJ is more cooked than the counting stats say (5-9 wingers in their mid-30’s with dwindling even strength effectiveness are not exactly a coveted commodity) and wouldn’t be surprised at all if he can’t make the team…but it’s a PTO so who cares.

That somebody would comment in a Tyler Johnson PTO thread that this is a move that really highlights how bad the Bruins off-season has been is non-sensical.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Quick Look at the numbers tells me they were 13th in scoring last year.

Did they really lose that much in free agency? I’d say they are a net gain for sure

I think they severely overachieved last year given Bergeron and Krejci leaving. Coyle is not hitting 60 points again, Trent Fredic scored 40 points? lol... I can go on.

Lindholm has boat anchor written all over him

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think they severely overachieved last year given Bergeron and Krejci leaving. Coyle is not hitting 60 points again, Trent Fredic scored 40 points? lol... I can go on.

Lindholm has boat anchor written all over him
I think Coyle will shine with some pressure off him. Same with Frederic. Lindholm will be fine throwing to Pastrnak. Scoring will be above average for Boston again. Not a concern I have right now.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
How was he not signed? I could see him having a big year like Blake Coleman did given the right line.
He no good. Top 6 only player but not good enough for NHL top 6. Doesn't do defense well and is small so doesn't do forecheck and stuff good. Had a good run in his career but injuries and age caught up to him. Unless some big injury bug hits, probably plays in AHL top line role this year, maybe retires in a year since he made good coin.

Reactions: Deen and BHD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad