HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Hockey Ops - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Geoff Mol$on was as big a donkey as Bergevin..................10 years squandered on the back on a goalie who had no chance of doing it all. Mol$on is lucky he was born into $$$$ Ownership should have ousted him......he is lucky the board didn't remove him.

That said, finally when the decision was made, about 5 years too late at least he made a great choice in Gorton, who made a great choice in Hughes.
An owner who blows with the wind eh.............

Better days ahead.
I always felt like Molson just stayed out of the way. He wasn’t a hockey guy and didn’t pretend to be. And that’s fine with me.

Except… he made a huge mistake hiring MB. Then re-upped with him long before he had to. Absolutely brutal and it’s 100 percent on him.

All that being said, maybe he’s learned from his mistakes. He went out and hired the best mgmt he could find. He dismissed the language stuff and seems to be focused on having the best mgmt team he can get. I have no complaints from that standpoint.

So yeah, absolutely blame him for MB. He deserves it. But credit him for Hugo. He deserves that too.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
I don’t think the media had a problem with it. I don’t even know if Molson had a problem with it. He just seemed to be okay with MB running (ruining) the show.

The medias were definitly not ok with it. Even before the players started talking about playoffs at the end of season, some were saying they need to make the playoffs next year. Ratings have been terrible for the last 3 years.

But now they are the best in like... forever!

Reactions: overlords

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
What's so good about him? (besides helping Marty with the concepts they're using)
Did you watch the video all 45 minutes of it?
It's more about helping the players be the very best they can be. ALL of them.
Creating drills that are fun while being extremely competitive.
Taking players out of their comfort zones. Utilizing every second of practice time productively.
Examining your own work as much as that of the players.
and more...

This is all designed to help the players read and react to real time situations.
And yes if you can't do this throw the whole concepts approach out the window.
I'm expecting a far different camp from what we saw last season.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
We are finally bing operated by pros that run this team as a multibillion dollar business.
Not as the corner grocery store like back in the day

Polish-20240918-051908724.jpg

Reactions: Twisted Sinister

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
What's so good about him? (besides helping Marty with the concepts they're using)
Out of the box thinking for modern NHL hockey. Proactive possession based game vs reactive defending game.

NHL has become much more of an NCAA game with every passing season - with no red line + infractions being adhered to by refs, good D starts in the Ozone not Jacques Lemaires neutral zone

That’s why a disproportionate # of NCAA coaches are being hired by NHL teams vs traditional CHL junior coaches

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad