PTO: [BOS] F Tyler Johnson signs PTO with the Bruins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
JvR had 38 pts in 71 games playing 13 mins, 10 at ES (26 pts). He's cooked but still found a way to be useful. Similar to Tyler Johnson in a sense that he played the previous 2 seasons on a bad team, and still put up at least some points.

Wouldn't surprise me if TJ signs and pots 30 points for the team as well.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
By that point i'll be more invested in the Leafs battling for the cup in the finals than what went wrong for the Bruins

How exactly? Tanev doesn't make them a SC contender, lolol. What a joke. Both Marner and Matthews are soft as butter. They ain't going anywhere, man. More likely to lose to Boston again in the first round.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Bruins have a better team this year than last. They got a better 1C in Lindholm, a top pairing D in Zadorov.
Zadorov isn't a 1st pairing dman. It's debatable as to whether he is a 2nd pairing D on a really good team, but I wouldn't push back if someone said so. Ideally, he's a 3rd pairing guy or the #4 w/ an above average #3 on his pair.

I think it's a brilliant pto.. bs need some offence. Rest of roster is great. It's a good problem to have!
If Johnson makes the team then that means Lysell didn't, which would concern me that he can't beat out TJ.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
I think they severely overachieved last year given Bergeron and Krejci leaving. Coyle is not hitting 60 points again, Trent Fredic scored 40 points? lol... I can go on.

Lindholm has boat anchor written all over him

I don't entirely disagree here. Bruins definitely overperformed last year. I think their defense is great though and will be the key to success. We'll see where the chips lie when it comes to generating offense though.

Lindholm contract might age bad, but I think him and Pasta will be a great duo. Need some young guys to step up though. Any potential Sway holdout would suck too.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Zadorov isn't a 1st pairing dman. It's debatable as to whether he is a 2nd pairing D on a really good team, but I wouldn't push back if someone said so. Ideally, he's a 3rd pairing guy or the #4 w/ an above average #3 on his pair.

If Johnson makes the team then that means Lysell didn't, which would concern me that he can't beat out TJ.
I believe he'll be paired with McAvoy on the top unit while Lindholm, the superior offensive d-man on that team is paired with Carlo who's a dominant shutdown guy. Regardless of how you pair them that's as good a top 4 as any team in the league.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I believe he'll be paired with McAvoy on the top unit while Lindholm, the superior offensive d-man on that team is paired with Carlo who's a dominant shutdown guy. Regardless of how you pair them that's as good a top 4 as any team in the league.
I think zadorov cashed in on a great playoff performance. He really hated my oilers.lol

Nonetheless.. everyone keeps saying bs will sick but they are built from backend out and that is how winners are built. The D is beautiful. The g is too
..but they need to sign him.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I think zadorov cashed in on a great playoff performance. He really hated my oilers.lol

Nonetheless.. everyone keeps saying bs will sick but they are built from backend out and that is how winners are built. The D is beautiful. The g is too
..but they need to sign him.
I'd be shocked if they didn't. It would make no sense to trade Ullmark and not sign him.

Reactions: Czechboy

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I get you probably don't see a ton of B's games but Lindholm isn't the best offensive D on the team. McAvoy is better than him and Lohrei is better than him (though has other holes in his game at this point).

McAvoy, Lohrei, Wotherspoon and Shattenkirk all had more pts/60 at ES. McAvoy, Lohrei, Shattenkirk, Carlo and Grzelcyk all had more g/60 at ES. McAvoy, Lohrei, Carlo, Shattenkirk and Peake all had more shots/60 at ES. There's a possibility they start Zadorov on the 1st pair w/ McAvoy, but that doesn't make him any more of a 1st pair dman, than Tampa playing Raddysh on their top pair with Hedman. I think the plan would be for Lohrei to bump Zadorov down at some point this year.

Reactions: Nick Lang

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I get you probably don't see a ton of B's games but Lindholm isn't the best offensive D on the team. McAvoy is better than him and Lohrei is better than him (though has other holes in his game at this point).

McAvoy, Lohrei, Wotherspoon and Shattenkirk all had more pts/60 at ES. McAvoy, Lohrei, Shattenkirk, Carlo and Grzelcyk all had more g/60 at ES. McAvoy, Lohrei, Carlo, Shattenkirk and Peake all had more shots/60 at ES. There's a possibility they start Zadorov on the 1st pair w/ McAvoy, but that doesn't make him any more of a 1st pair dman, than Tampa playing Raddysh on their top pair with Hedman. I think the plan would be for Lohrei to bump Zadorov down at some point this year.
Thought he was. He looked it the few times I saw. My mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad