PTO: [BOS] F Tyler Johnson signs PTO with the Bruins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I get you probably don't see a ton of B's games but Lindholm isn't the best offensive D on the team. McAvoy is better than him and Lohrei is better than him (though has other holes in his game at this point).

McAvoy, Lohrei, Wotherspoon and Shattenkirk all had more pts/60 at ES. McAvoy, Lohrei, Shattenkirk, Carlo and Grzelcyk all had more g/60 at ES. McAvoy, Lohrei, Carlo, Shattenkirk and Peake all had more shots/60 at ES. There's a possibility they start Zadorov on the 1st pair w/ McAvoy, but that doesn't make him any more of a 1st pair dman, than Tampa playing Raddysh on their top pair with Hedman. I think the plan would be for Lohrei to bump Zadorov down at some point this year.

They played McAvoy and Lindholm about 19 mins a game at 5 on 5 and Gryz, Carlo, Peeke, Lorhei around 16 mins at 5 on 5. I suspect if you swap Gryz for Zadorov you will see a similar spread. Sneak in a few extra shifts for Lindholm and McAvoy in key situations and coming out of the PP. I think seeing McAvoy all black and blue after the playoffs this year makes them start with Zadorov as McAvoy’s primary partner and then they see how it goes.

Thought he was. He looked it the few times I saw. My mistake.

I think the point total argument around Lindholm hides that he and Carlo had some of the more defensive focused minutes in the league last year.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Bruins seem like easy money to bet to miss playoff this year. Not a fan of their offseason at all

How? Which one of Buffalo, Detroit, Montreal or Ottawa is good enough to overtake them?

I could see Ottawa making it if the Atlantic took both wildcard spots but even if they did they still aren't passing Boston.

If Swayman went down that's different but beyond that nobody from the bottom is coming up and taking over Boston

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
How was he not signed? I could see him having a big year like Blake Coleman did given the right line.

Because he is a shadow of his former self when healthy and is constantly getting hurt

Physically he is on decline and his game as a whole is impacted by it

He also is no longer good defensively which was a strength that made him such a good player when he was younger

Maybe he finds some success in Boston, but I wouldn't expect much from this signing

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I think they severely overachieved last year given Bergeron and Krejci leaving. Coyle is not hitting 60 points again, Trent Fredic scored 40 points? lol... I can go on.

Lindholm has boat anchor written all over him
Tyler Johnson, if he makes the team and gets signed, seems like a spare part similar to JVR last year. Fill holes when needed.

Coyle notching 60 last year shouldn't be a huge surprise to anyone. He had 45 the previous year with 0 PP points. ZERO. He's another right handed center.... and they just said good bye to Krejci and Bergeron. Hmm, logic would suggest there was going to be an increase.

Same for Frederic.

22-23 - 17 goals 14 assists in 79 games. 940 minutes.
23-24 - 18 goals 22 assists in 82 games. 1050 minutes.

I suspect you'll actually see a slight increase for Trent with DeBrusk and Hienen gone.

With Lindholm in the picture, I think Coyle will go back to his usual 45ish point self.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Would much rather see Lysell given a shot in the lineup than Tyler Johnson. He's done.

Lindholm isn't Bergeron but he's a hell of a lot closer than Coyle or Zacha. Hope to see him between Marchand and Pasta to start the season.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
We'll see. Let's see what the numbers look like with Korpi playing behind it for 30-40 games and not Ullmark. I expect it won't look quite as good.

But the main issue is the forwards for me.
I think it's not very likely that he would play a prominent role on the team. Having a 30 point player as your main injury replacement guy isn't a bad thing. He's not knocking any of their centers out of where they/re playing most likely.They've got 5 centers who had better stats than him last year, he'd likely fill in on wing. At least that's my opinion, whatever that's worth.

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
Bruins seem like easy money to bet to miss playoff this year. Not a fan of their offseason at all
That is one of the dumbest things I’ve read. They literally had one of the best records in hockey last Season without a first or second line center. They signed Lindholm and Little Z… the team is going to be a force to play against…

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyVirus

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
We'll see. Let's see what the numbers look like with Korpi playing behind it for 30-40 games and not Ullmark. I expect it won't look quite as good.

But the main issue is the forwards for me.

Swayman will be playing 60 games with the new contract....

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
That is one of the dumbest things I’ve read. They literally had one of the best records in hockey last Season without a first or second line center. They signed Lindholm and Little Z… the team is going to be a force to play against…
Go back and read some his post history - this one is bad but it doesn't even make into his Top 10. :laugh:

Reactions: dukeofjive

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Not a bad signing. 30 point guy on a PTO is really good value assuming he makes the roster.

As for the Bruins roster as a whole, i think i would agree it got marginally better. Lindholm is a more legit top center (still ideally a 2C on a contender but it's an upgrade for Boston) and losing DeBrusk is kinda whatever, at least in the regular season.

Screenshot 2024-09-01 201434.png

There are a few variables; Portias and Beecher are promising but remains to be seen if they can turn into those top end guys the Bruins desperately need as they continue to transition away from the days of old. Ditto Fabian Lysell who might be able to compete for a roster spot in camp.

The biggest risk this roster faces isn't the forwards, it's losing the 40 or so games that Linus Ullmark was giving you at a high level and replacing it with Swayman getting the bulk of the load and a Joonas Korpisalo who has been hot and cold his entire career.

Attachments

• 1725239913719.png
    1725239913719.png
    676.1 KB · Views: 1

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
He's an offense only winger that sucks at offense. He's a smart player and he works hard but his physical tools are so degraded I'm legitimately baffled a team is giving him a try out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad