Value of: Boone Jenner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
TIL Jenner has the value of a star NHLer.

Kadri + Kapi + for Jenner + capdump? And they say no? Lol

Kadri is a shutdown 60 point C for us. Kapi is lighting up the AHL in his first eligible AHL season if he was drafted out of the CHL.

Jenner by even their own admission hasn't been good this year. He has 1 49 point season.

Just brutal.

TIL someone considers Kadri a star NHLer.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Kadri is a shutdown 60 point C for us. Kapi is lighting up the AHL in his first eligible AHL season if he was drafted out of the CHL.

Jenner by even their own admission hasn't been good this year. He has 1 49 point season.

Just brutal.

The Jackets equivalent of this post would describe Kadri as criminally overpaid and a floater who can't even consistently reach 20 goals, refer to Jenner as a 40-goal-scorer, pretend that Kapanen doesn't exist, and describe JJ as a bona-fide #1D (picked 3rd overall).

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Just brutal.

Sorry, I'm having a hard time with all of the Leafs-fan parody accounts out there. Is this real?

If not, you should know that Kadri's career high in points is actually 50. 1 more than Jenner.

For the record, I'd take that trade from Jackets' perspective, though they might be able to do better than Kadri + Kapi + for Jenner + capdump.

Mister Twister

Jun 24, 2016
Calgary, AB
Jenner+ for Duchene

Hate to wonder what else we would have to give up in order to get Duchene. Probably have to throw in a half-decent prospect alongside him, given Jenner's value is more likely than not lower than it should be at the moment.

I would probably float something like Jenner + Harrington + 3rd for Duchene, something like that. Harrington could be a bottom-pairing defender for a team with a weaker defense, and Colorado seems to have their biggest problem on the blue line. Just trying to gauge the difference in value between Jenner and Duchene, tbh.

Honestly, if Wennberg continues to play like he has, we probably wouldn't actually need to trade for a 1C like Duchene.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Hate to wonder what else we would have to give up in order to get Duchene. Probably have to throw in a half-decent prospect alongside him, given Jenner's value is more likely than not lower than it should be at the moment.

I would probably float something like Jenner + Harrington + 3rd for Duchene, something like that. Harrington could be a bottom-pairing defender for a team with a weaker defense, and Colorado seems to have their biggest problem on the blue line. Just trying to gauge the difference in value between Jenner and Duchene, tbh.

Honestly, if Wennberg continues to play like he has, we probably wouldn't actually need to trade for a 1C like Duchene.

How is that close...the difference between Jenner and Duchene is way more than a bottom pairing defensman - of whom the Avs have plenty, by the way. Jenner is a struggling 23 year old with one 30 goal, 49 point season under his belt, and basically nothing else of note. Duchene is a 25 year old who has eclipsed that number 5 times in his career, and was on pace to do it a sixth time in the lockout season as well. Duchene has shown a peak (70 points in 71 games, 75 point pace over lockout season) far higher than Jenner's as well. The value of these two players is not remotely close to equal.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Sorry, I'm having a hard time with all of the Leafs-fan parody accounts out there. Is this real?

If not, you should know that Kadri's career high in points is actually 50. 1 more than Jenner.

For the record, I'd take that trade from Jackets' perspective, though they might be able to do better than Kadri + Kapi + for Jenner + capdump.

Poe's law

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Jenner+ for Duchene

Responses like this are ridiculous. If you don't like what I proposed just say that. Soderberg is better defensively, so far in their careers has been better offensively and plays down the middle. I get that Jenner is much younger and has the higher ceiling but that's why I added the plus.

Jenner is 23 with a career high 49 points and is a career 0.497ppg player. Players don't tend to improve much statistically after 23. He brings a lot of other desirable aspects to his game but let's not act like he's going to return a lot more than what I proposed if he was traded.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

It would take a lot more than that to get Duchene. Also Colorado's blue line is nowhere near their biggest problem. A banger winger with some top 6 scoring quality is what they need. Jenner would be a great fit but not by giving up their leading scorer and arguably their best player.

Jenner is only two years younger than Duchene. Let's look at them comparatively at the same age.

Matt Duchene was completing a season where he scored 70 points in 71 games(the 71st game was cut short 30 seconds into his first shift).
Career: 263 points in 337 career NHL games for a career ppg of 0.780 or 64 points per 82 games played.

Boone Jenner coming off a career high 49 points,
Career: 97 points in 199 games played f0r a career ppg of 0.497 or 41 points per 82 games played.

The difference between Boone Jenner and Matt Duchene isn't a 3rd round pick and a guy who "could be a bottom pairing defender". Honestly he probably couldn't be a bottom pairing defender on Colorado.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Keep in mind that that's criticism of a proposal already made - the "cap dump" the guy's referring to is actually Jack Johnson.

* * *​
Responses like this are ridiculous. If you don't like what I proposed just say that. Soderberg is better defensively, so far in their careers has been better offensively and plays down the middle. I get that Jenner is much younger and has the higher ceiling but that's why I added the plus.

Double the salary for a player who's nearly a decade older and also off to a slow start is not something that gets resolved with "adding a plus".

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Keep in mind that that's criticism of a proposal already made - the "cap dump" the guy's referring to is actually Jack Johnson.

F that.
If Leaf fans want to come up with a deal they can just specify the $ they're willing to eat and let us decide who we want to dump. JJ is more than worth his $ right now.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
How is that close...the difference between Jenner and Duchene is way more than a bottom pairing defensman - of whom the Avs have plenty, by the way. Jenner is a struggling 23 year old with one 30 goal, 49 point season under his belt, and basically nothing else of note. Duchene is a 25 year old who has eclipsed that number 5 times in his career, and was on pace to do it a sixth time in the lockout season as well. Duchene has shown a peak (70 points in 71 games, 75 point pace over lockout season) far higher than Jenner's as well. The value of these two players is not remotely close to equal.

Exactly. Jenner + 20171st +

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Yeah as a Jackets fan let me tell you that you're overvaluing Jenner.

Tanev > Jenner > Virtanen

That's ridiculous. In a couple years that could be the best D in the league, and by a good margin.

That does look great, but who would we protect in the expansion draft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad