Value of: Bo Byram

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He looked like he was going to be such a player in the Cup run.

Hopefully he’s just in a slump and this isn’t a permanent result of his injury issues

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It’s an unrealistic and dumb premise for a thread. The Avs aren’t going to trade Byram with Girard being away from the team.

Avs fans are frustrated because he’s going through a stretch where he’s been getting a lot of penalties. But it should be mentioned that he’s been shuffled around between the left and right side. The reason he was on the right side was because the coach(es) felt it was better than having Girard on the right side (where Girard has played a significant amount). They wouldn’t have done that without a certain amount of trust in Byram.

Now he’s back on the left side with Manson. Manson from time to time will leave his responsibility. Sometimes the penalties could be from that. But the broadcast rarely clarifies or even speculates about this so the only thing that registers with fans is that he has another penalty.

Having said that, he should skate the puck up the ice more on offense and tone it down on defense instead of the opposite. Ryan Johansen is a 2C with 1 assist, so the Avs could use Byrams help on offense.

Lol, nobody would want to trade a former 4th overal and good young defenseman at present just because of a few stupid penalties. Even on HF.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kakko for Byram

Same draft and Kakko’s good friends with Rantanen too
No, we need KK, he is not surplus, fact you hate him is not a factor.

This I agree on. Especially because Girard is out for reasons that are much tougher to gauge than most.

Byram has been frustrating for sure, but moving him now would leave a sizable hole in the lineup.
Would adding a proven to be responsible LD help?
Rs should be selling high on Lindgren, and be forced to develop Robertson/Scanlin so as to have depth going forward.
Byram would be a risk, b'c there is no guarantee he optimizes his form w/change of scenery.
Howev, he would at worst be a possible short term option for that mix while others emerge,

Lindgren + Sykora (a better C prospect, possibly competing next yr in camp]
for
Byram + _____________________ [mutually agreeable add]

He looked like he was going to be such a player in the Cup run.

Hopefully he’s just in a slump and this isn’t a permanent result of his injury issues
Value must reflect this unfortunate possibility
Ekblad looked like HUGE risk, but happily, has managed to endure

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
No, we need KK, he is not surplus, fact you hate him is not a factor.

Would adding a proven to be responsible LD help?
Rs should be selling high on Lindgren, and be forced to develop Robertson/Scanlin so as to have depth going forward.
Byram would be a risk, b'c there is no guarantee he optimizes his form w/change of scenery.
Howev, he would at worst be a possible short term option for that mix while others emerge,

for

Value must reflect this unfortunate possibility
Ekblad looked like HUGE risk, but happily, has managed to endure
Why would the NYR “need” a guy with 3pts in 20 games?

It would be a substantial add from the Rangers

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why would the NYR “need” a guy with 3pts in 20 games?

It would be a substantial add from the Rangers
presumably it is not all about only pts
it would be acknowledging BB value down, per OP
it would be a gamble ny could use him in the mix as Lindgren's replacement.

Rs would be gambling he would improve and that is not a given

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Boone Jenner is being wasted in Columbus. He's be such a great 2nd liner on a contending team IMO.

That said, I doubt they move him. He's a unique player.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
This I agree on. Especially because Girard is out for reasons that are much tougher to gauge than most.

Byram has been frustrating for sure, but moving him now would leave a sizable hole in the lineup.
if healthy makar and toews can eat a bunch of minutes but that might break them down at the end of the year. what would the avs 2nd pair be? manson and one of jj or jones. sounds very risky

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Nah, too soon.
He was due for a "slump" season.
I think it would need to be a high quality and controlled 2C or secondarily a similar RD coming back for this to be a thing.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
The Avs are third in the entire league in G/GP, why do they desperately need more forwards at the expense of a young defenseman? Especially with Lehkonen returning eventually?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Makes no sense for Colorado to move him

It actually makes a lot of sense. Our 2nd line is a disaster and we need a 2C in the worst kind of way. Timing isn't great because of Girards health issues, but moving Byram to fill a more important need makes a lot of sense.

for
:laugh:

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
considering Byram value has dropped and there are some honest concerns about his development, I think a fair deal could be made around McMichael.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I know Byram has been brutal this year, but I still think he could be a top pairing guy if he can stay healthy. I'd move Lindholm for him straight up in a second.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad