Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Caps 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
of course the penalty is against the Blues...

Bortz doesn't get enuff love for the shots he blocks and his physical presence

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Blues gotta figure out these third periods. Winter Classic and Pens game was awful and this one is off to a bad start too.

Reactions: A Real Barn Burner

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Blues gonna blow their lead...a bad trend

Winter Classic
Pens
...will it be the same with the Caps?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Yeah. I think people tend to overrate Lindgren based on recent performances much like they overrate Binnington. Not bad but the Blues are usually (not today) easy to play goal behind because they're defending the slot well. That's why even bad or average goalies are sometimes able to produce good numbers for the Blues short term. Once they play more and get figured out (eg Binnington) it gets more difficult so shipping Lindgren somewhere else would be a smart move if there's interest.

Hofer is very raw and not ready for NHL action now but I like him a lot going forward. Could be be a great option soon.
Hofer is big, has good reflexes and is good at positioning and decent at rebound control. You can't teach size. Fundamentals can be worked on. So, his future looks good.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
nice to have Husso's mom in the chat... shouldn't you be over in the asylum?

Husso is an interesting case. Upside was always there and he was very good over in Finland but then kinda lost his way over in NA and I thought he might never be able to put it together again. It's funny sometimes with goaltenders but he suddenly looks calm and confident again. Now he just has to clean up his rebounds and prove he can do it consistently.

Smart move by Laviolette btw to pull Samsonov. Wasn't his fault they're down and Caps play again tomorrow. With Vanecek still out, I think Samsonov gets to start again tomorrow. The change may also spark the team. Hope the Blues can hang on to the lead though.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
We'll see who's right. My prediction is Husso starts vs Dallas and I'm 100% sure this would be a different game with Binnington in goal. If Berube wants to win, Husso is his best option.

Please don't forget that the only reason Washington isn't leading in this game is because they have openly fumbled and missed wide open nets and that has nothing to do with who is in goal.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad