Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs. Blue Jackets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Scandella got good bit of pk time, but he was 18th in even strength toi tonight. not sure if it's injury or confidence, but he hasn't been good lately. i still think he can be good 3ld, but at his $ that is a bit underwhelming unless he is really good 3ld.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Hell of a game tonight, I wasn't sold on the Buch-Thomas-Tarasenko line initially but man they are really starting to click. Thomas is a f****** beast what a beauty and Buchy is on fire. Also Mikkola looks really solid we might actually have something with him. Husso looks legit right now too which is great to see. Love Sunny and Barbie on a line and Saad is a great fit with them.

It's nice to see Joshua get another game in too, he's got a muffin shot but I love everything else about his game. Nice size and skating.

Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Barby proving to everyone that he's more than just a 4th liner this year.
He's a solid 2-way 3rd Liner, who can play both wings, and centre, in a pinch, who is excellent on The PK, and can even help out on The 2nd Power Play, when needed. Those are the reasons why I hoped The Blues wouldn't lose him in The Seattle Expansion Draft. He is more valuable to a team than his scoring stats alone, would indicate.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
A few things I'd like to say: Defense looked like garbage through the entire first. They couldn't stop the rush, but luckily Columbus didn't take advantage of their zone time and passed up on a lot of opportunities. Blues got lucky on that front. After the 1st, the Blues really put on pressure, but I still wasn't happy with how they were defending or exiting the zone. Lots of lazy passes, forwards cheating on the defensive side; just generally annoying plays made trying to move the puck up. Parayko looked pretty bad for like half the game and I've noticed he pinches WAY too much and gets beat by the opposing players, causing odd man rushes. The forwards looked pretty good in the o-zone, specifically Thomas, Tarasenko, and Buchnevich. Barby is always a competitor, but it was nice to see him pot a few goals. ROR actually looked very motivated and was moving his feet and dangling everywhere, and I think it's only a matter of time before he starts racking up the assists once he feels completely healthy. I didn't notice Saad too much, Sundqvist had a few nice moments, Kyrou was all over the place but just couldn't convert on most of the chances he had, though he was good. I was extremely impressed with Joshua. He moved his feet all night, hitting everything, causing havoc around the net and was surprised he wasn't in on at least one goal tonight. If he can play with that type of compete every night (assuming he gets the ice time), then I think he will be a decent NHL player for us. Lastly, Husso is just miles ahead of where he was at last year and I can't explain what switch flipped in his head. He's just more calm, reading the puck better, and even though his numbers tonight weren't great, he kept us in the game despite the score. Really proud of how far he's come and I hope he can keep improving.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad