Blues Trade Proposals 2021-2022 Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
someone in Springfield or a mid-round pick? he never lived up to his draft slot and asked bruins for trade last month. would be worth a flyer on if didn't cost much. he was picked over barzal and some other really good players.
Three 1st round picks in a row and all they got was DeBrusk, Senshyn, and Zboril.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don't want Debrusk. Hahaha. At like all.
He's the best of the three, but that isn't saying much. Zboril has played well though in this latest stint. Seny has been disappointed so far when up here but Cassidy hasn't given him much ice time and IIRC on the 3rd and 4th lines. Seny is fast and I guess he's been playing well in Providence lately too. He's a big kid, was a sniper until the Broons decided to try to make him a "200-foot player" and IMO ruined his potential.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Thanks for stopping by.

What's the scoop on him?

He's got 32 points/18 goals in his last 44 AHL games ( leads Providence in goals over that span ). Good kid, works hard, coaches talk highly of him, does what's asked of him. During his brief call ups, to my eyes he looked like he could carve out a career as a bottom 6 winger. His first callup, he was playing really well but got injured and lost his spot. Helped create several chances and odd man breaks his second callup ( but with no success ) and got hurt again.

Senyshyn's top end speed pops. Worked hard on his strength and shot a couple of off seasons ago, which lead to his uptick in goals scored the last couple of years.

Unfortunately, Senyshyn's development path the Bruins layed out for him wasn't the best. They took a kid with some real scoring potential and tried to make him a 200 foot player. Not everyone has to be a Bergeron or O'Reilly; sometimes a player's best strengths should be accented instead of suppressed in the name of playing to a system. I don't think the Bruins put Senyshyn in the best position to succeed or give him a legit chance to stick in the NHL.

Don't get me wrong, there's a strong chance Senyshyn turns out to be JAG who doesn't amount to much in the NHL. But I'd like to see him go to a club that gives him the opportunity to show what he's got more than the Bruins have.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He's got 32 points/18 goals in his last 44 AHL games ( leads Providence in goals over that span ). Good kid, works hard, coaches talk highly of him, does what's asked of him. During his brief call ups, to my eyes he looked like he could carve out a career as a bottom 6 winger. His first callup, he was playing really well but got injured and lost his spot. Helped create several chances and odd man breaks his second callup ( but with no success ) and got hurt again.

Senyshyn's top end speed pops. Worked hard on his strength and shot a couple of off seasons ago, which lead to his uptick in goals scored the last couple of years.

Unfortunately, Senyshyn's development path the Bruins layed out for him wasn't the best. They took a kid with some real scoring potential and tried to make him a 200 foot player. Not everyone has to be a Bergeron or O'Reilly; sometimes a player's best strengths should be accented instead of suppressed in the name of playing to a system. I don't think the Bruins put Senyshyn in the best position to succeed or give him a legit chance to stick in the NHL.

Don't get me wrong, there's a strong chance Senyshyn turns out to be JAG who doesn't amount to much in the NHL. But I'd like to see him go to a club that gives him the opportunity to show what he's got more than the Bruins have.
Drew Bsnnister (our ahl coach) was his coach his last 2 years with Soo. If price was modest might make sense for us to deal for him.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Drew Bsnnister (our ahl coach) was his coach his last 2 years with Soo. If price was modest might make sense for us to deal for him.

I just tried to post something regarding it made no sense for us as we probably have a deeper depth chart than the Bruins at forward this point since it seems every Springfield transplant comes in and performs really well and all of the above posters outlined points seems exactly like something Berube would do with him. It really only makes sense if there’s some correlation between our coaching staff at some level with him. You have answered that for me :cheers:

Also is there a reason sometimes my safari browser resets itself and I lose my whole comment that I had been typing?

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He's about to turn 25, it's just a depth move.

I'd peg his value around what we gave up for Soshnikov, so about a 4th.

Last edited:

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Find it interesting that Arizona is playing its best hockey and Chychrun has not been in the lineup…. Things that make you go hmmmm.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If the rumor is true, my Soshnikov comp is probably close. Mid/late pick and maybe a swap of some similar depth pieces.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is he better than Nathan Walker?
I'd guess he fits a different profile they are going for, and I also imagine it's more of a move for next season than this season. Could be a creative way to try out someone that has some amount of upside for a 3rd/4th line role for a spot next season, and who will be on a cheap contract to save cap space. We are definitely targeting forwards that possess speed, and Senyshyn comes with a bit more size.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Linking the original tweet. Curious what the package deal part could be.

My thought was it could be Walman, he clearly doesn't have a future here and maybe we want an extra depth forward and Boston wants an extra depth defenseman. Neither team has the cap space for anything interesting and in a bigger package, Senyshyn is basically worthless.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Nothing against him in particular, his contract and qualifying offer is my issue with him.
I don't know what the Blue's cap situation is but IMO DeBrusk is
going to blossom with a new team. So many guys have left the Bruins and done well in that way. I think he'll end up in either Vancouver, Edmonton, or Calgary because of his dad. I read a rumor (can't remember who wrote it) that Bruce Cassidy has avoided Louie DeBrusk
when the Bruins were in Edmonton because of his (supposedly) lousy treatment of his son.
Don Sweeney on the other hand will trade him to a team that
he will want to go to. Sweeney is usually accommodating to a player's wishes when he can be.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I don't know what the Blue's cap situation is but IMO DeBrusk is
going to blossom with a new team. So many guys have left the Bruins and done well in that way. I think he'll end up in either Vancouver, Edmonton, or Calgary because of his dad. I read a rumor (can't remember who wrote it) that Bruce Cassidy has avoided Louie DeBrusk
when the Bruins were in Edmonton because of his (supposedly) lousy treatment of his son.
Don Sweeney on the other hand will trade him to a team that
he will want to go to. Sweeney is usually accommodating to a player's wishes when he can be.
Blues have little to no (leaning closer to no) wiggle room in their Cap situation. Plus Blues really don't need any more forwards. Depth forwards are ok. But, if anything they need a top 4 LHD defensive mobile defensemen to pair with one of Parayko or Faulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad