GDT: Blues @ Avalanche|Round 1, Game 2| Blues down 1-0|

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
True underdogs now.

Down 2 dman (Most likely)
Down 2 players from COVID
Down another dman from regular season
Down 2-0 in series
Officiating doesn't want to call much on Colorado except one head shot

Time to shock the world.

"In upset of the year, Blues score 4 goals on Colorado en route to 8-4 loss at home."

Our defense, which already sucked, is now more shorthanded against a top offensive team who is worlds faster. It doesn't look bad, it merely is very bad.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
"In upset of the year, Blues score 4 goals on Colorado en route to 8-4 loss at home."

Our defense, which already sucked, is now more shorthanded against a top offensive team who is worlds faster. It doesn't look bad, it merely is very bad.

Our defense didn't really suck in the first place. I don't know why people keep saying that. We've been missing healthy Parayko all season long and giving his minutes to Krug and Faulk. Are you even watching?

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Mackinnon is a human cheat code, can literally beat you anywhere on the ice. Avs are so lucky to have him on his contract.

Hope Faulk is okay but I'm pretty sure he's out for the foreseeable future, he looked completely out of it. Kadri might get suspended for the series but it doesn't benefit us at all considering we just lost our best defenseman.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Mackinnon is a human cheat code, can literally beat you anywhere on the ice. Avs are so lucky to have him on his contract.

Hope Faulk is okay but I'm pretty sure he's out for the foreseeable future, he looked completely out of it. Kadri might get suspended for the series but it doesn't benefit us at all considering we just lost our best defenseman.
this is true .... if somebody needs a target so be it

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Our defense didn't really suck in the first place. I don't know why people keep saying that. We've been missing healthy Parayko all season long and giving his minutes to Krug and Faulk. Are you even watching?
Because, if Faulk and Krug were really 1st pairing defensemen, they would have been able to handle taking on Parayko's minutes. Instead, they got exposed. Krug in particular.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015

Yeah, I was watching the 1st period when Binnington had to single-handedly keep us in the game while our defense simply watched the puck moving around and couldn't be bothered to move anyone out the crease in a game where we gave up 6 goals.

Parayko not being 100% doesn't mean that our defense can't be called bad. It's actually a reason why it is......

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
True underdogs now.

Down 2 dman (Most likely)
Down 2 players from COVID
Down another dman from regular season
Down 2-0 in series
Officiating doesn't want to call much on Colorado except one head shot

Time to shock the world.

We've surprised when down guys this year. I could see us taking the next one. We'd still probably lose in 5, but I could see us taking one of them.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Yeah, I was watching the 1st period when Binnington had to single-handedly keep us in the game while our defense simply watched the puck moving around and couldn't be bothered to move anyone out the crease in a game where we gave up 6 goals.

Parayko not being 100% doesn't mean that our defense can't be called bad. It's actually a reason why it is......

Saying a d core is bad is not the same thing as saying it's unhealthy. Very different things.

Reactions: Eldon Reid

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Schenn called out Jost's elbow. Called it "gross".

oh boy game 3 gonna be FUN!

Yeah somebody is getting f***ed up next game, possibly multiple somebodies. And honestly it's a shame, you hate to see bad hits and dirty plays taint a series win or lose.

Reactions: JEMarks3

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Because, if Faulk and Krug were really 1st pairing defensemen, they would have been able to handle taking on Parayko's minutes. Instead, they got exposed. Krug in particular.

Ideally Parayko and Scandella would be our top pairing going up against top forwards. Faulk and Krug should be going up against their 2nd and 3rd lines.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
hopefully the league comes down hard on the 2 culprits. no place in the game for cheap shots to the heads. blues get a bad reputation for being dirty but only one team has targeted heads in this series thus far.

aint over till you lose at home. colorado notoriously sucks ass in STL, lets get healthy, some legit officiating and clown em. reverse sweeps are always the best kind of sweeps anyways.

Reactions: JEMarks3

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
i never liked this pairing ... they almost play the same game

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Saying a d core is bad is not the same thing as saying it's unhealthy. Very different things.

I was saying our defense already sucked TONIGHT with those guys healthy and now they are not. Not sure why you need to get into arguing semantics. Yeah, in a parallel universe where Parayko and Dunn are healthy and clicking, they wouldn't suck. We really accomplished a lot here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad