GDT: Blues @ Avalanche|Round 1, Game 2| Blues down 1-0|

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck Luck

Jan 13, 2021
ah this feels a bit like last night with the officiating. By the end, the penalties were about even, but some missed ones early kinda tilted the game and killed the momentum. It's probably tiring and frustrating to give your all and get hosed on the calls. wish this was a better game

Reactions: TheDizee

Prosaic

Sep 11, 2020
Blues aren’t fast and when you’re not fast you have to move the puck fast. Unfortunately the Blues aren’t good at that either.
They have one defenseman in the organization that excels in this area and he’s sadly hurt

And god forbid they let him go to Seattle for nothing

The Blues just aren’t a good team. The injuries aren’t even a justifiable excuse, the strategy is poor, they lack high end puck skill, speed and completely fail at the transition game.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I disagree that the defense isn't without blame. A big, mobile stay-at-home guy like Bouwmeester would be awesome right now. (Not to mention a 100% Parayko!) We can't clear our zone. Our defense isn't fast enough.

Yeah this is a top to bottom issue. Our D aren't getting off the wall and getting the puck up ice fast enough. Possession starts with the D and we're failing in all facets.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Our defense isn't good anymore and our offense isn't good enough to carry us. That's what I thought since Petro signed in Vegas and we added Krug. It's very apparent now. People want to cling to this window that, without completely retooling, just isn't there. To me, there is no reason to protect Tank or Krug. Let Seattle make that call, but it wouldn't hurt to get rid of those contracts.

The only thing worse than the makeup of this team is the effort level here.

Reactions: Celtic Note

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Our defense isn't good anymore and our offense isn't good enough to carry us. That's what I thought since Petro signed in Vegas and we added Krug. It's very apparent now. People want to cling to this window that, without completely retooling, just isn't there. To me, there is no reason to protect Tank or Krug. Let Seattle make that call, but it wouldn't hurt to get rid of those contracts.

i think we miss bo more than petro :sueme:

Reactions: DoubleK81

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

Expose Schenn too, let Seattle have the pick of the litter.

Reactions: sfvega and Spektre

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
It's wild to see guys in the slot with a little bit of space and time, but not having a clear lane to shoot or a passing lane to a more open player in a scoring area. I'd love to learn more about this "defense" Colorado is playing.

LBlues24

May 3, 2017
I don’t remember the last time it’s been this frustrating to watch this team play. Like we’re not even close these first 5 periods

Reactions: Lemonlimey

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I don’t remember the last time it’s been this frustrating to watch this team play. Like we’re not even close these first 5 periods
happens all the time when bad officiating fuels the other team. atleast tonight we can say it wouldnt have mattered since the team clearly did not come to play. still does not make it right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad