GDT: Blues @ Avalanche|Round 1, Game 2| Blues down 1-0|

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Once upon a time I was excited about about drafting 11th overall and little else. Turns out my instincts were correct and now I'm just annoyed we don't draft higher AND have to watch this embarrassment.
nah.. NEVER like missing the playoffs.. sitting thru those HORRIBLE teams was maddening... and besides, good experience for the younger guys.. it'll help in the long run.. think longer term

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
you actually have to GET in their paint first... then let's talk.. we can't stay in their zone more that 4 secs

that is THE biggest problem.. time in THEIR zone is time NOT in our zone

Exactly. The Avs inflate their shot totals by throwing the puck right at Binnington. Our problem isn’t defense it’s a complete lack of offense. The Avs are able to do what they’re doing because they know it’s a miracle every time we score. They don’t have to worry about a backcheck. As soon as it’s on an Avalanche stick they’re going 100% offense.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
nah.. NEVER like missing the playoffs.. sitting thru those HORRIBLE teams was maddening... and besides, good experience for the younger guys.. it'll help in the long run.. think longer term
thats why kostin should get some starts. he cant be any worse than schwartz who wont even be on our team next year. get some people some experience

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Get Sanford off the damn team!!!
Yes. His many losses of possession cost The Blues more than his 10 goals help them. And he also fails on quite a few good chances. And his defence is poor. Too bad The Blues don't have any young fast-skating almost NHL-ready young prospects that also have good soft hands and good hockey sense and finishing skills they could have added to thir playoff roster.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
He was fun, but a NOTORIOUS wimp who passed instead of driving to the net or just f***ing shooting the puck.

McDonald in the playoffs passing off and not shooting? Sounds about right.

Thomas is starting to remind me of McDonald.

see...I think it's OK to be a setup guy.. as long as ya got folks to setup... need those guys a team full of hulls or shanahans ain't goin nowhere

takes all types.. gotta build it right, then play the best combos together

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Exactly. The Avs inflate their shot totals by throwing the puck right at Binnington. Our problem isn’t defense it’s a complete lack of offense. The Avs are able to do what they’re doing because they know it’s a miracle every time we score. They don’t have to worry about a backcheck. As soon as it’s on an Avalanche stick they’re going 100% offense.

Exactly. The defense isn't the issue. Our offense so far this series is GONE.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
I think a lot of people are underestimating the loss of DP57. His absence throws off all of our lines that our players have gotten use to playing in. These new lines are just weird and the players obviously don't have established chemistry.
its huge

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
thats why kostin should get some starts. he cant be any worse than schwartz who wont even be on our team next year. get some people some experience
there's a coupla guys I would put him in over, but agree.. he needs to see some ice before this is over

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
Dunn would be pretty big for us, he has the skating and puck moving ability to match the Avs. Too bad we have Krug who skates like he’s in quicksand and turns it over constantly.

Everyone talks about missing Perron, but I think Dunn and Walman being out of the lineup might be having a similar impact. We can't make an outlet pass or possess the puck cleanly in the neutral zone so we're getting zero zone time and no matter how well we play without the puck in our own end that's not going to work against a team like the Avs.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
see...I think it's OK to be a setup guy.. as long as ya got folks to setup... need those guys a team full of hulls or shanahans ain't goin nowhere

takes all types.. gotta build it right, then play the best combos together
I get that. Fair point. But I see the Blues as being a little soft and weak right now.

Parayko, Thomas and Kyrou all need to grow a pair and start wrapping their minds around missing teeth and stitches.

Seriously. That’s not some bravado shit. It’s ice hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad