GDT: Blues @ Avalanche| Round 1, Game 1|So It Begins|

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Sorry but letting Petro go was still really stupid. Faulk has been so much better this year but he’ll never be the game controller that Petro was. Adding in Krug didn’t make up the difference between Petro and Faulk. Petro plays a play style that will be effective into his 40s. Sorry not sorry.

Reactions: Blues Knight

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
When you look at what the team was in 2019, it’s extremely disappointing.

We went into every game excited and expecting a win. We win it all.

Just two years later, the Blues basically only made the post season because of how brutal the rest of the division is and now the Blues are getting ran out of the rink.

I wanted to post some statistics but literally every Blues skater got completely shelled when they were on the ice. So there’s no point.

Ever since the day the Blues won the cup every decision by the front office has been terrible, and now the Blues are a declining mediocre at best team with a number of aging players locked in long-term.

Sad that the team got not push or momentum when their goalie was literally playing like a demon.

Berube is also just not getting the job done. I know the end of the regular season the Blues were winning games but their underlying numbers have been absolutely disgraceful all year. I expected them to get killed so i don’t know why I’m so disappointed. I guess what sucks is there’s basically no hope going forward either.
lol, you forgot the:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:. its just one game and the Blues were not only in it for 2/3rds of it but showed they have the better goalie. Its a best of 7 bro. Avs were healthy, rested and on home ice and it was still a close game, calm down - save the defeatist BS until their down 3-0, then it's allowed.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
1. Trading for Faulk and getting rid of Edmundson was the right move. The contract? Likely not or TBD.

2. Trading Allen was the right move.

3. Acquiring Scandella was the right move. His contract timing was weird, but not bad.

4. Krug TBD.

5. Petro leaving probably isn't the best move.

Issue isn't Armstrong's moves-it's that there's literally no one to replace Petro outright and Tarasenko is a shell of a former self due to multiple injuries.

Berube's a fantastic coach.
i hated getting rid of eddie ...and i know about the dominos that followed ....but we are lacking grit on the backend outside of bobby b

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
The Blues could have played much better even with the injuries. They seemingly chose not to most of the time.

If you cling to excuses, then you will always have them. A team has to move beyond the distractions and inconveniences.

If we're basing this off how they played from the end of March/early April, sure.

But at some point there's only so much they can do with the available personnel.

Reactions: Ridge1982

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Yes, but thankfully Faulk has played like a stud.

I think Parayko should be fine next season and the D won't look as much like a dumpster fire, regardless if Dunn goes to Seattle or not. Healthy Parayko, Scandella, Faulk is mighty fine for a top 4 defensively.
Scandella seems like a 4/5 defensemen and closer to 5 on that scale. He is sort of like Gunnerson in our Cup season. Good enough to fill in a higher position, but not really good enough to stay higher for a longer period of time.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Tarasenko is a shell of his former self due to injury
Parayko is a shell of his former self due to injury.
Sundqvist is done for the season due to injury
JBo had to retire due to injury.
Steen had to retire due to injury.
If you're specifically talking about tonight, add Perron due to Covid.

That's literally two top line wingers, our best shutdown defensive pairing, and 2/3 of what was the best 4th line in the league that are missing or completely hampered by injuries.

4/6 we knew going into the year. Parayko is unfortunate. Sundqvist really isn't that much of a difference maker.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
i hated getting rid of eddie ...and i know about the dominos that followed ....but we lacking grit on the backend outside of bobby b
Getting rid of Edmundson was 100% the right move. His development stagnated in St. Louis. Faulk is a better player than him.

If we want to go down the rabbit hole of what happened afterwards, we can, but that's not related specifically to the trade with Carolina.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
Sorry but letting Petro go was still really stupid. Faulk has been so much better this year but he’ll never be the game controller that Petro was. Adding in Krug didn’t make up the difference between Petro and Faulk. Petro plays a play style that will be effective into his 40s. Sorry not sorry.
You mean the same Petro that put Vegas in an 0-1 hole ?

He’s gone. Move on.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
If we're basing this off how they played from the end of March/early April, sure.

But at some point there's only so much they can do with the available personnel.
I don’t disagree, but even tonight they could have played a more structured and better defensive game with the players they did have available.

Reactions: Louie the Blue

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He's played 34/127 games in the past 2 years. If we were relying on him for anything that's nobody's fault but our own.
And he’s been bad. His return killed our momentum. Maybe his body betrayed him, maybe his confidence, maybe needs more games. But banking in him to score 30 again seems like bad bet. We would be better off spending those $ elsewhere.

Reactions: Captain Creampuff

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
you guys are too down on the team. this game was the token refalanche game for them. refs jump start them then their top line gets a few (one was lucky). this is how they win their games. the shot totals are not representative of the play. avs were the better team tonight but over half their shots were pure garbage that had 0 chance of going in.

The Blues threw their C game at them tonight and it was a 1-1 game because of our goalie. If Binny plays like that and OUR top players produce, Blues will win this series. TBH I would rather lose a game like this then win a game 6-5 where Binny looked like ass. I want my goalie playing hot and with confidence in a 7 game series.

The first road team to win a game will likely win this series. Lets win Game 2.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Scandella seems like a 4/5 defensemen and closer to 5 on that scale. He is sort of like Gunnerson in our Cup season. Good enough to fill in a higher position, but not really good enough to stay higher for a longer period of time.
I think that's a disservice to Scandella.

Remember, the big question mark with Gunnarsson when he came to St. Louis was his hip and how that would impact his skating. Scandella hasn't, thankfully, had anything that serious and is more mobile.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
great game from binnington. unfortunately the team couldn't convert the opportunities they had and got badly outchanced as the game went on. need the powerplay to come through and you'd hope to see tarasenko bury that first chance instead of hitting the post. blues could have taken the upperhand despite the lopsided play thanks to binnington but eventually the avs took over. hopefully game 2 is a close one and the blues can pull out a win.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
And he’s been bad. His return killed our momentum. Maybe his body betrayed him, maybe his confidence, maybe needs more games. But banking in him to score 30 again seems like bad bet. We would be better off spending those $ elsewhere.

If you think this team had any real momentum at any point in the season you're fooling yourself.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
I don’t disagree, but even tonight they could have played a more structured and better defensive game with the players they did have available.
I won't disagree there.

The offensive fire power was lacking due to the injuries listed above. Doesn't excuse effort on defense(I'm looking specifically at 17-90-10).

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Getting rid of Edmundson was 100% the right move. His development stagnated in St. Louis. Faulk is a better player than him.

If we want to go down the rabbit hole of what happened afterwards, we can, but that's not related specifically to the trade with Carolina.
and i said i understand that:teach2: .... all i mean is we need more thump from the d ...i seen to much puck watching tonight

Reactions: Louie the Blue

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I won't disagree there.

The offensive fire power was lacking due to the injuries listed above. Doesn't excuse effort on defense(I'm looking specifically at 17-90-10).
Fire power hurts a lot with Dunn and more importantly Perron out. But we were never going to showdown with COL offensively. We need to grind them and limit the high danger chances. It more about defense as our main hope for winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad