GDT: Blues @ Avalanche| Round 1, Game 1|So It Begins|

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prosaic

Sep 11, 2020
When you look at what the team was in 2019, it’s extremely disappointing.

We went into every game excited and expecting a win. We win it all.

Just two years later, the Blues basically only made the post season because of how brutal the rest of the division is and now the Blues are getting ran out of the rink.

I wanted to post some statistics but literally every Blues skater got completely shelled when they were on the ice. So there’s no point.

Ever since the day the Blues won the cup every decision by the front office has been terrible, and now the Blues are a declining mediocre at best team with a number of aging players locked in long-term.

Sad that the team got not push or momentum when their goalie was literally playing like a demon.

Berube is also just not getting the job done. I know the end of the regular season the Blues were winning games but their underlying numbers have been absolutely disgraceful all year. I expected them to get killed so i don’t know why I’m so disappointed. I guess what sucks is there’s basically no hope going forward either.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Let's at least give him a full offseason to prepare for the rigors of NHL play before we make these kinds of conclusions. Nobody should have expected Tarasenko to be a factor this year.
Fair point.

But I'd be lying to you if I wasn't skeptical in having a lot of faith in a goal scorer coming back from multiple shoulder injuries and producing as a top 6 forward afterward.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012

Just two years later, the Blues basically only made the post season because of how brutal the rest of the division is and now the Blues are getting ran out of the rink.

I wanted to post some statistics but literally every Blues skater got completely shelled when they were on the ice. So there’s no point.

Ever since the day the Blues won the cup every decision by the front office has been terrible, and now the Blues are a declining mediocre at best team with a number of aging players locked in long-term.

Sad that the team got not push or momentum when their goalie was literally playing like a demon.

Berube is also just not getting the job done. I know the end of the regular season the Blues were winning games but their underlying numbers have been absolutely disgraceful all year. I expected them to get killed so i don’t know why I’m so disappointed. I guess what sucks is there’s basically no hope going forward either.
Not finding a replacement for Steen is big. Tarasenko and his injuries have taken a toll on him and has made him a non-factor. Krug can look good at times but he just doesn’t bring “it”. We moved away from so many of the core guys that won us the cup. It feels like we have a team of misfits put together. A bunch of mediocre middle aged guys locked into long contracts.

yurnxt

Apr 7, 2009
Anyone that acts offended by this has never been to a game against someone in our own division before.

Exactly. Blues home crowd chants opposing teams too but I bet that poster isn't complaining about it then. Like I said earlier, the blatantly homer garbage all over this site is smelly.

Reactions: Frobbo

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010

1. Trading for Faulk and getting rid of Edmundson was the right move. The contract? Likely not or TBD.

2. Trading Allen was the right move.

3. Acquiring Scandella was the right move. His contract timing was weird, but not bad.

4. Krug TBD.

5. Petro leaving probably isn't the best move.

Issue isn't Armstrong's moves-it's that there's literally no one to replace Petro outright and Tarasenko is a shell of a former self due to multiple injuries.

Berube's a fantastic coach.

Ridge1982

Nov 4, 2019
20 years and counting, Avs bitches. That shit won’t fly against either Vegas or Minnesota.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

I'll decide what I care about after we have a normal year with full attendance. The Covid Cup and this piss poor excuse for a shortened season where the teams are ran ragged and players probably don't give a f*** is what ever to me.

Reactions: Ridge1982

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I'll decide what I care about after we have a normal year with full attendance. The Covid Cup and this piss poor excuse for a shortened season where the teams are ran ragged and players probably don't give a f*** is what ever to me.
At some point you have to wonder if all the excuses matter so much, then why can other teams overcome them, but we can’t?

Puck Luck

Jan 13, 2021
Exactly. Blues home crowd chants opposing teams too but I bet that poster isn't complaining about it then. Like I said earlier, the blatantly homer garbage all over this site is smelly.
is this because I said "classy"?

If the Blues fans did that stupid crap, I'd call them out for it too. Cheer for your own team. Don't do those immature chants from high school football games. Leave that to Nashville

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
1. Trading for Faulk and getting rid of Edmundson was the right move. The contract? Likely not or TBD.

2. Trading Allen was the right move.

3. Acquiring Scandella was the right move. His contract timing was weird, but not bad.

4. Krug TBD.

5. Petro leaving probably isn't the best move.

Issue isn't Armstrong's moves-it's that there's literally no one to replace Petro outright and Tarasenko is a shell of a former self due to multiple injuries.

Berube's a fantastic coach.
And our plan this year was Parayko as 1D. He got hurt and hasn’t been same. That was crushing.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015

Tarasenko is a shell of his former self due to injury
Parayko is a shell of his former self due to injury.
Sundqvist is done for the season due to injury
JBo had to retire due to injury.
Steen had to retire due to injury.
If you're specifically talking about tonight, add Perron due to Covid.

That's literally two top line wingers, our best shutdown defensive pairing, and 2/3 of what was the best 4th line in the league that are missing or completely hampered by injuries.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
And our plan this year was Parayko as 1D. He got hurt and hasn’t been same. That was crushing.
Yes, but thankfully Faulk has played like a stud.

I think Parayko should be fine next season and the D won't look as much like a dumpster fire, regardless if Dunn goes to Seattle or not. Healthy Parayko, Scandella, Faulk is mighty fine for a top 4 defensively.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Last year there was no excuse. Team didn't come to play at all.

This year I can come up with 372 of them. And counting.
The Blues could have played much better even with the injuries. They seemingly chose not to most of the time.

If you cling to excuses, then you will always have them. A team has to move beyond the distractions and inconveniences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad