Prospect Info: Blues 2024-2025 Prospect Thread

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Philly obviously asked for more from us than Minnesota and Armstrong didn't think that was worth the difference between him and Jiricek who the scouting dept was VERY high on. Jiricek has a very high ceiling if he can overcome his issues but there is reason to be nervous

Philly might have been nervous about Luchanko going before our spot too
Yep.

Let’s say the Blues offered their 2nd to move from 16 to 12. Or even their 2nd and 3rd. Minnesota likely caught wind of it and offered a 3rd just to move up 1 spot. Which offer would you take if you were Philly? The Minny offer was less but it guaranteed them their guy in Luchanko (which I think they were really smart to pick). With the STL offer, they risk a team in the 13-15 spot taking Luchanko.

So if Philly wanted Luchanko and Minny wanted Buium, why didn’t Philly just take Luchanko at 12 and Minny take Buium at 13? Because STL offered Philly a deal and Minny offered enough to get Philly to turn it down. By considering the STL offer, Philly still got their guy and a bonus 3rd for essentially nothing.

Reactions: Majorityof1

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Yep.

Let’s say the Blues offered their 2nd to move from 16 to 12. Or even their 2nd and 3rd. Minnesota likely caught wind of it and offered a 3rd just to move up 1 spot. Which offer would you take if you were Philly? The Minny offer was less but it guaranteed them their guy in Luchanko (which I think they were really smart to pick). With the STL offer, they risk a team in the 13-15 spot taking Luchanko.

So if Philly wanted Luchanko and Minny wanted Buium, why didn’t Philly just take Luchanko at 12 and Minny take Buium at 13? Because STL offered Philly a deal and Minny offered enough to get Philly to turn it down. By considering the STL offer, Philly still got their guy and a bonus 3rd for essentially nothing.
Minnesota took care of us like we were a wheelchair and they were Briere's son

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
He really needs to become a more assertive player in the offensive zone. I love his potential because I see the skillset to become a top pairing player. Yet, he plays the game like someone will kill his dog if he makes a mistake. He will still find a nice home in the NHL if he continues what he’s been doing. But I can see him become so much more if he only took the risks to do so.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
The lack of offense is more of TLs playing in a men's league and against men. (Yes, not top league, but... ) He had to focus on keeping his game simple. The WJC was NOT and adoration. He has skill and elite passing. It is just so much easier when you are used to playing a game that is faster..... He is finally settling and I think his offensive numbers will pop.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Lukas Fischer out 4 weeks with a separated shoulder. Threw a nice hit on the last shift of a recent game and couldn't use the arm afterwards. Bummer news.

• Wow
Reactions: ChicagoBlues

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Lukas Fischer out 4 weeks with a separated shoulder. Threw a nice hit on the last shift of a recent game and couldn't use the arm afterwards. Bummer news.
That’s a tough one. Watching him play, he is someone whose game will clean up with lots of ice time. A lot of things we saw in preseason mistakes, risk, etc. woodwork themselves out overtime. Hopefully, he could get on the ice sooner rather than later.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Just secured a couple tickets for the Gophers home opener this Friday. First time at Mariucci. Looking forward to seeing Snuggy in person.
So that was a fun game to attend. 7-1 Gophers win over cross town rival St. Thomas. Looked at the box score this morning and was surprised to see Snuggy credited with 3 assists. He was only credited with one during the game. I specifically recall Renzel’s 2nd goal being announced as unassisted yet this morning Snuggy has credit for an assist.

Here it is. Not sure what Snuggy did there to get an assist but ok. Maybe it bounced off his skate in the scrum to Rinzel? Idk.

Nice stat line with 3 assists but he wasn’t impressive. One partial break but the defender pretty easily caught him. Got credited for the hit of the game. It was a nice check in the corner. But he was constantly behind the play. Last guy into the offensive zone, last guy back into the defensive zone. He’s only a threat when Minnesota has sustained pressure and he can get in the zone and someone can feed him the puck.

Good shot but tunnel vision. Gets puck, flings it towards net no matter what angle he’s at. Teammate open for a backdoor tap in? He won’t see it.

He’s got one elite skill but also a lot lacking. His acceleration is just very lacking at the NCAA level.

Rinzel was the most impressive. Very good d-man that skates quite well. Wood and Kurth were also impressive. Wood’s snipe from a bad angle was very nice. Oliver Moore is ok. Speedy but not super effective.

Non-Snuggy observations:
The figure skating cheerleading is a nice unique touch. Surprised they did jumps. Just single toeloops but you still use the toepick for that so they left little divots in the ice. The bane to any hockey player’s existence.

We sat next to the family of freshman Gopher Augie Falloon. They went absolutely nuts when he scored his first NCAA goal. Was cool to see.

The rink is super nice but the PA system sucks. Barely understand a word the PA announcer said.

Last edited:

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I’m getting more concerned with Snuggie the more I hear about him.

He was so impressive his freshman year with his Buchnevich-like ability to make his teammates better. I’m hoping he goes back to becoming the reason players like Cooley could have space and less him trying to become some trigger man. His shot is elite but his best game has always been as the support for his lines.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I was shocked to see Snuggerud return to college this season. Once he returned from WJC he looked much less engaged which to me signaled that he was done with college hockey and ready to move on with his pro career.

He decides to return this season but in the games I've seen, it's been the same thing. He's playing like he's bored and doesn't want to be there. So again, if that's the case, why go back?

I'm not too worried because I think he can flip that switch, and I know he's better than how he's playing right now, but it still makes me wonder why he returned if he wasn't fired up to actually do so.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I’m getting more concerned with Snuggie the more I hear about him.

He was so impressive his freshman year with his Buchnevich-like ability to make his teammates better. I’m hoping he goes back to becoming the reason players like Cooley could have space and less him trying to become some trigger man. His shot is elite but his best game has always been as the support for his lines.
Wouldn't surprise me if he is dealt. Realistically we have a lot of pretty good winger prospects and with Kyrou and Buchy both signed longterm, makes sense to deal guy like him to address other organizational needs.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I wonder what level of player we could get for a package consisting of Snuggerud and Buchinger. I think both are poised to be top 6 and top 4 level players. But with the depth of our top 6 winger prospects and Lindstein and Broberg looking like our top 2 LHD I think both players can be used to upgrade other parts of the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad