Prospect Info: Blues 2024-2025 Prospect Thread

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Philly obviously asked for more from us than Minnesota and Armstrong didn't think that was worth the difference between him and Jiricek who the scouting dept was VERY high on. Jiricek has a very high ceiling if he can overcome his issues but there is reason to be nervous

Philly might have been nervous about Luchanko going before our spot too
Yep.

Let’s say the Blues offered their 2nd to move from 16 to 12. Or even their 2nd and 3rd. Minnesota likely caught wind of it and offered a 3rd just to move up 1 spot. Which offer would you take if you were Philly? The Minny offer was less but it guaranteed them their guy in Luchanko (which I think they were really smart to pick). With the STL offer, they risk a team in the 13-15 spot taking Luchanko.

So if Philly wanted Luchanko and Minny wanted Buium, why didn’t Philly just take Luchanko at 12 and Minny take Buium at 13? Because STL offered Philly a deal and Minny offered enough to get Philly to turn it down. By considering the STL offer, Philly still got their guy and a bonus 3rd for essentially nothing.

Reactions: Majorityof1

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Yep.

Let’s say the Blues offered their 2nd to move from 16 to 12. Or even their 2nd and 3rd. Minnesota likely caught wind of it and offered a 3rd just to move up 1 spot. Which offer would you take if you were Philly? The Minny offer was less but it guaranteed them their guy in Luchanko (which I think they were really smart to pick). With the STL offer, they risk a team in the 13-15 spot taking Luchanko.

So if Philly wanted Luchanko and Minny wanted Buium, why didn’t Philly just take Luchanko at 12 and Minny take Buium at 13? Because STL offered Philly a deal and Minny offered enough to get Philly to turn it down. By considering the STL offer, Philly still got their guy and a bonus 3rd for essentially nothing.
Minnesota took care of us like we were a wheelchair and they were Briere's son

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
He really needs to become a more assertive player in the offensive zone. I love his potential because I see the skillset to become a top pairing player. Yet, he plays the game like someone will kill his dog if he makes a mistake. He will still find a nice home in the NHL if he continues what he’s been doing. But I can see him become so much more if he only took the risks to do so.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
The lack of offense is more of TLs playing in a men's league and against men. (Yes, not top league, but... ) He had to focus on keeping his game simple. The WJC was NOT and adoration. He has skill and elite passing. It is just so much easier when you are used to playing a game that is faster..... He is finally settling and I think his offensive numbers will pop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad