Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I’m looking forward to seeing Pekarcik in camp to

I agree Pekarcik is a player that I am very intrigued with and have been following his progression this season. 1st and 2nd rounds are usually much higher profile but I have a feeling Pekarcik could be the steal that draft. Some of the clips I have watched the kid oozes hockey sense and has soft hands. Needs to work on his shot but he has time.

Reactions: Mike Liut and LGB

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I agree Pekarcik is a player that I am very intrigued with and have been following his progression this season. 1st and 2nd rounds are usually much higher profile but I have a feeling Pekarcik could be the steal that draft. Some of the clips I have watched the kid oozes hockey sense and has soft hands. Needs to work on his shot but he has time.

I love his physicality, compete level and tenacity

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
Just out of curiosity, can anyone fill us in on how Loof and Malmstrom have looked so far in Springfield? I know we've had a few updates on Loof and Malmstrom started the season late because of his surgery, but just wondering how they're doing.

I highly doubt either of them or Kessel will ever be Norris Trophy candidates, but if they can at least develop consistent physical presence and puck moving skills, it would be a marked improvement over what we have now.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Just out of curiosity, can anyone fill us in on how Loof and Malmstrom have looked so far in Springfield? I know we've had a few updates on Loof and Malmstrom started the season late because of his surgery, but just wondering how they're doing.

I highly doubt either of them or Kessel will ever be Norris Trophy candidates, but if they can at least develop consistent physical presence and puck moving skills, it would be a marked improvement over what we have now.
From what I've read on Loof his still transitioning from International to NA ice but that was back in NOV

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
He’s been in and out a lot hurt recently. I keep missing when he does play. I watched 10 minutes of the game last night and couldn't even tell if he was playing. Did they bench him? Is he still recovery and just didn't do anything? I didn't even hear his name called, so I switched to a different game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Liut

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

I'm curious what the Blues want to do with him next season. Another season in the USHL will hurt his development so shouldn't be an option. Will he go to college? Maybe another try at a CHL-team? Or do the Blues think he's good enough for a spot in Springfield?

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I'm curious what the Blues want to do with him next season. Another season in the USHL will hurt his development so shouldn't be an option. Will he go to college? Maybe another try at a CHL-team? Or do the Blues think he's good enough for a spot in Springfield?
I think Springfield would be a massive mistake. Pekarcik is a longer term project. CHL or college would be the best route. He has a ton of potential, but also tons of developing yet to do.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I think Springfield would be a massive mistake. Pekarcik is a longer term project. CHL or college would be the best route. He has a ton of potential, but also tons of developing yet to do.

Yeah, I'm hoping he'll go the NCAA route. Just wondering, if he wants to go to the CHL, does he have to go to Acadie-Bathurst are they allowed to trade his rights or is there an opportunity to re-enter the import draft? I mean, the sole reason he plays in the USHL is due to the fact that he didn't want to go to the Titans.

LetsGoBooze

Let the re-tool breathe
Jan 16, 2012
Has anyone watched Dvorsky intimately this season? How has his 2way game looked? Any improvements to his skating and edgework?

Reactions: Mike Liut

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Has anyone watched Dvorsky intimately this season? How has his 2way game looked? Any improvements to his skating and edgework?

8iv82u.jpg

I'm just kidding. Unfortunately I have not seen enough of Dvorsky to say for sure. A few games, but mainly highlights of Sudsbury and SHL, and a few WJC games. I'd say he improved in those areas between the two leagues but I think that is more confidence. I think he has a good 2-way game. I'll need to see it in a better league as the game gets faster, but no concerns for now. Skating is better. but still a concern, although I am not an expert at all on technique, just on results. So there are definitely better people to comment.

LetsGoBooze

Let the re-tool breathe
Jan 16, 2012
Love the meme, thought of using a different word but rolled with it 🤣.
Needed a good laugh from the forum, its been rough lately.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I’ve watched several games of his and bits and pieces as the CHL channel can be an adventure some times. What I notice is you want him to be the shooter forehand backhand it doesn’t matter. He can flat out rip it and knows where it is going. His playmaking is ok. He can be lackadaisical with his passing. That part needs to be sharper. I’m not sure he will stay at center due to his skating, but I wouldn’t be opposed to him being a winger either. He is very good on faceoffs. He has this natural almost unchallenged thing of keeping and coming out with the puck that he gets too cocky with the puck and loses it. He isn’t a defensive dynamo but knows where he needs to be and usually ends up with the puck somehow. He can seem bored out there at times then just lets er rip. Don’t give him the post. He will score. It’s fun to watch him shoot.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I hear ya, but getting his feet wet will give him an idea what its like. It will probably benefit him in the long run.
Exactly. This is how I view Bolduc’s games this year as well. Neither is going to be fully ready yet, but giving them 10ish sheltered minutes a night and exposing them to being a professional in the NHL for a decent stint may benefit them greatly in the long run.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
What are the odds that Dvorsky ends up better than Thomas?
I'd much rather Dvorsky end up being a Shut Down Center to complement Thomas than putting grand expectations on him to be better than our 24 year old #1 C who's on his way to being a 90 point player with good defensive skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad