Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtraExtra888

Jul 10, 2023
I went and watched both Minnesota vs Michigan games. Even though he didn't get any points Snuggerud was really good in the first game. Drew 2 penalties that both led to goals. A great tip in front of the net that was barely saved. A couple other good chances he created. The second game he was good to begin with, had a pass that should have led to a goal. Then he hit the post and you could tell he's really frustrated by his scoring slump. The rest of the game he was pretty bad.

hopefully he plays well in the upcoming tournaments. The player I saw in that first game against Michigan is definitely NHL ready.

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
For what it's worth, we just traded Malcom Subban to Columbus for future considerations.

Per TSN:
SubbanTrade.png

Guess this means Colton Ellis is officially the backup in Springfield.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
For what it's worth, we just traded Malcom Subban to Columbus for future considerations.

Per TSN:
View attachment 832265

Guess this means Colton Ellis is officially the backup in Springfield.

It also means we are less likely to move Binner, or we need to get a sacrificial lamb goalie back. We aren't running Hofer/Z on the NHL team. Not that a Binnington trade was likely, but there are lots of teams looking for a goalie.

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
It also means we are less likely to move Binner, or we need to get a sacrificial lamb goalie back. We aren't running Hofer/Z on the NHL team. Not that a Binnington trade was likely, but there are lots of teams looking for a goalie.
WAY too soon to think about moving Binner. It's Hofer's first full season in the NHL and Zherenko's first full season as a #1 in the AHL. Granted, both Hofer and Z have shown great potential (and Ellis has played so well this year he might have guaranteed himself a 2-way contract), but I agree you don't want Hofer/Z in the NHL right now.

Now 2-3 years down the road...we'll see....Nice to have a situation like this though...

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Snuggs has a goal and they are beating Penn St. in game 1 of their Big 10 tourney match up.
Looking like they will be a 2 or 3 seed in their regional. Unless they overachieve, Snuggy should be available to turn pro in time for the last couple of weeks of the season. I can’t see them being deep enough to get to the Frozen Four.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
It was only a matter of time before Dean started to put it together. I think you can assume the same type of development happened with him as other 2-way players that come up to the NHL. You have a tough time putting offense together, but maintain your style and play on the ice (Ryan O'Reilly esc). Typically you don't see that with junior players going into the AHL, but it feels like this might have been the situation with Dean.

To be honest though, I haven't really disliked Bolduc's game while he's been up in the NHL. The situation is tough because the team sucks and he's not really in a position to succeed offensively, but he has been very active in puck retrievals, he at least takes the body when a "vet" like Kyrou doesn't, and he's giving effort that I can see on the ice. Maybe Dean makes more noise, but it might be more of the same if he's called up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad