Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
@M_Meyer3 has been doing more of that than anyone I've seen do recently.
Yeah he's a good follow, my desire would be like an overview of someone like Loof, how he's performing, what's his future look like. How has his performance compared to Kessel or Tucker. The more in depth analysis of guys that aren't easily analyzed through stat sheets.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I know they give up a lot of shots, but consequences of 3 games in 3 days, Springfield has given up 32 shots in 2 periods.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Stenberg and Robertsson are doing well in Allsvenksan. Stenberg has 5 points (4-1) in 5 games and Robertsson has 5 (3-2) in 8. Kaskimaki has already doubled his point production in as many games as he had last year. Dvorsky up to 63 points in 40 games with already 32 goals scored. Snuggerud is at 31 points in 32 games (19-12) with a weaker forward group helping him. Don't need to say it, but I've thought Bolduc has been pretty alright in his NHL callup despite him probably not being fully ready. Dean has started to come on as of late with 7 points in his last 7 games. I'm interested to see how Malmstrom does as he gets back up to speed after being injured. Ellis has been lights out since being recalled from the ECHL (2.60 gaa, .935 sv% in 5 games). I think there's a lot to like right now with the prospects but obviously we're hyperfocused on guys like Snuggerud and Bolduc with them definitely getting chances with the big club.

Last edited:

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Has Stenberg's loan to HA ended? He's listed back on Frolunda's roster on Elite Prospects. Can't find anything about a corresponding roster move though.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
gunnarson couldn't do any of what lindstein did in that video with the puck and with his feet.
[/QUOT
but can Lindstein get premonitions of game winning stanley cup finals goals while standing at a urinal?

gunnarson couldn't do any of what lindstein did in that video with the puck and with his feet.
but can Lindstein get premonitions of game winning stanley cup finals goals while standing at a urinal?

• Haha
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Only one way to find out.

I also see a little Petro in him.
I definitely see a little he who shall not be named in his ability to make quick decisions and distribute on the breakout.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

Thanks for posting. Solid defensive reads and as I’ve come to expect from him at this point, firm tape to tape outlets with his head up the whole way.

One thing I’ll point out is he just turned 19 and his pro team has him playing the right side. It usually takes a good amount of trust to put a lefty on the right side.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
His transition to NA ice will be an important one, but the clips highlight why many are excited with him. I think his ultimate upside is still up for debate because while other prospects might be more flashy in terms of style and production, where you can see what their offense will be, they'll have questions in more of their complete game that will limit what they will be as pros. With Lindstein, it's almost the opposite, where his strengths are some foundational elements to what makes a successful pro defender. Making good reads, good defensive zone play, great in transition, making "safe" plays in transition, overall decision making, etc. And since he shows very good passing ability in transition, you sort of project that ability onto a higher ceiling when it comes to offensive production.

I see some Nick Leddy in him. I don't want to get attached to comps with him, but he's someone that has a style that can likely fit into a variety of roles.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
His transition to NA ice will be an important one, but the clips highlight why many are excited with him. I think his ultimate upside is still up for debate because while other prospects might be more flashy in terms of style and production, where you can see what their offense will be, they'll have questions in more of their complete game that will limit what they will be as pros. With Lindstein, it's almost the opposite, where his strengths are some foundational elements to what makes a successful pro defender. Making good reads, good defensive zone play, great in transition, making "safe" plays in transition, overall decision making, etc. And since he shows very good passing ability in transition, you sort of project that ability onto a higher ceiling when it comes to offensive production.

I see some Nick Leddy in him. I don't want to get attached to comps with him, but he's someone that has a style that can likely fit into a variety of roles.
Leddy is a good comparable

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad