Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
With Dean and Bolduc only 20, Snuggs only 19 and Dvorsky 18, They all have plenty of time to develop. In 2 years, I expect all 4 to be playing big minutes for the Blues.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He would be very shortsighted to turn down a contract just on the grounds that the Blues won't guarantee him an NHL job next season. If that is a sticking point for him, his counter should be that the Blues offer him a contract at the conclusion of this NCAA season that gets him into pro games this year and thus burns a season off his ELC. Factoring in signing bonuses, he could put about $200k in his pocket by July 1st of 2024 with an ELC expiring in the summer of 2026. If he goes back to the NCAA, he'd be putting off any signing bonus until at least the spring of 2024 and looking at an ELC that expires in either the summer of 2027 or 2028 (depending on whether the Blues are willing to burn an ELC year in 2024/25 if he goes back to school that year).

He should have a fair shot to make the NHL roster next year and the Blues will be able to tell him that very honestly. But it shouldn't be guaranteed to him and that shouldn't be a sticking point for him leaving the NCAA. Springfield has 2 games the weekend following the Frozen Four, so we could get him into 2 AHL games this season even if he wins a National Championship, wants to celebrate with his teammates for a couple days, AND Springfield misses the AHL playoffs. If Springfield isn't going to have a potential playoff run I would prefer to start his ELC next year, but that is a nice bargaining chip if his stance is that he wants a guaranteed NHL job next season.
i don't see a guarantee of playing time, but i do see the blues as type of organization that would be honest with him about where they saw him. Like they were clear that they expected bolduc and dean to start the year in springfield but they would have chance to make team. and money aside, i would think snuggy would want to know whether club thinks he will most likely be in springfield or st louis before he decides to leave.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
With Dean and Bolduc only 20, Snuggs only 19 and Dvorsky 18, They all have plenty of time to develop. In 2 years, I expect all 4 to be playing big minutes for the Blues.
they should all be ready to play in nhl in 2 years, but i wouldn't expect all to be impactful then (if ever). probably 3-4 years until these guys are top players for us.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
Right on cue, Bolduc with a goal and an assist tonight about halfway through the game.
Yes but Zherenko got pulled after giving up 3 goals on 15 shots...only to see his replacement (Subban) give up a goal not long after coming on.

As mentioned earlier, Bolduc with a goal and assist so far tonight. Dean not playing for second straight game.

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
Correction: The box score changed so it appears Zherenko gave up all four goals before getting pulled.

Walker with a goal to tie it 4-4 just before end of 2nd.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Caught the last 10 mins + OT of the Sudbury game tonight. Not a lot to report on Dvorsky - only had a couple shifts that I saw and nothing remarkable happened in them.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Caught the last 10 mins + OT of the Sudbury game tonight. Not a lot to report on Dvorsky - only had a couple shifts that I saw and nothing remarkable happened in them.
But he scored the first goal.

Burns had 2a.
snuggs was blanked again,

Last edited:

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Lindstein didn't start on the J20 team in Sweden did he? If he didn't, he played a game down there so I'm not sure what's up. I don't know if a player gets hurt that they use that to get them up to speed and "recall" them afterwards. Something to keep an eye on if he in fact started the year in Allsvenskan.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Lindstein didn't start on the J20 team in Sweden did he? If he didn't, he played a game down there so I'm not sure what's up. I don't know if a player gets hurt that they use that to get them up to speed and "recall" them afterwards. Something to keep an eye on if he in fact started the year in Allsvenskan.
It looks like he's with the U20 Sweden Jr team

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
It looks like he's with the U20 Sweden Jr team
But he also played 1 game for Brynas’ Jr team. Could be a demotion situation but I doubt it. He has 7 pts in 14 games as an 18 year old d-man for the Sr. team. More likely Brynas had a gap in their schedule, the Jr team had a game, Lindstein is eligible to play for the Jr team…might as well get him some extra ice time while also helping the Jr team.

As you stated, he missed a bit of the Allsvenskan season as he made Sweden’s U20 squad for the 5 Nations tourney. That’s a good thing as he’s 18 and beat out quite a few 19 year olds to make the team.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Wolves lost today but Dvorsky had the lone goal. Puts him at 7-5-12 in 9 games, averaging 3.33 shots a game and winning 53.6% on the faceoff dot. Obviously don't have advanced stats and I don't watch OHL games, but there ya go.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Wolves lost today but Dvorsky had the lone goal. Puts him at 7-5-12 in 9 games, averaging 3.33 shots a game and winning 53.6% on the faceoff dot. Obviously don't have advanced stats and I don't watch OHL games, but there ya go.
so, this isn't exactly true. i know that the ohl web site says that he scored today, but it was wiped out by goaltender interference (by someone else, not dvo). i was actually watching the end of the game when it happened. i assume at some point the ohl site will be updated. sudbury's twitter feed sent out 4-0 final tweet.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
so, this isn't exactly true. i know that the ohl web site says that he scored today, but it was wiped out by goaltender interference (by someone else, not dvo). i was actually watching the end of the game when it happened. i assume at some point the ohl site will be updated. sudbury's twitter feed sent out 4-0 final tweet.
I literally just checked back on the OHL website before I saw your reply and now they got me lookin like an IDIOT.

Damian Frerker

Jun 17, 2021
how do you guys like the handling of Neighbors? personally i would like to see him switched with Torpedo and get more minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad