Blue Jays/MLB 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Yankees back into the #1 American league seed by Cleveland losing on the weekend. Judge getting into playoff form with the golden sombrero yesterday.

Should be some interesting playoff matchups.

My picks, in order of top playoff teams for both AL and NL..

Houston
Baltimore
Cleveland
Detroit
New York
Kansas City

Los Angeles
Philadelphia
San Diego
Milwaukee
New York/Arizona/Atlanta
I hadn’t looked at the standings in a long time, I was pretty happy to see the Tigers & Royals get in this year.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I hadn’t looked at the standings in a long time, I was pretty happy to see the Tigers & Royals get in this year.
Tigers odds at the start of the month was basically minuscule, it was quite the exciting finish for them. Would be nice to see them win a series. Hopefully the Mets can win one of the Monday games to advance.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Just read Pete Rose died, that’s too bad. Watch them lift the ban and posthumously put him the Hall.
I hope so. Tremendous player in his era. I agreed with his ban in the 90’s and still would have today if professional sports hadn’t decided to get in to bed with gambling. It was hard to justify the ban after that.

Did they make some deadline moves or just got hot at the right time?
They had good pitching all season. That’s what it takes to win.

Reactions: joestevens29

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Just read Pete Rose died, that’s too bad. Watch them lift the ban and posthumously put him the Hall.

I hope so. Tremendous player in his era. I agreed with his ban in the 90’s and still would have today if professional sports hadn’t decided to get in to bed with gambling. It was hard to justify the ban after that.

They had good pitching all season. That’s what it takes to win.
My first thought when I heard he died, how long do they wait to induct him now. Sad news, he was great player and quite the character.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Steve Simmons is the Spector of the Major Leagues but a decent read on the Blue Jays so called brain trust. Hard to forget the onboarding big talk to denigrate Anthopolous's trade moves that actually worked to move the needle with playoff success.

Reactions: rboomercat90

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Steve Simmons is the Spector of the Major Leagues but a decent read on the Blue Jays so called brain trust. Hard to forget the onboarding big talk to denigrate Anthopolous's trade moves that actually worked to move the needle with playoff success.

They completely decimated the prospect pool too unfortunately.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
They completely decimated the prospect pool too unfortunately.
Moving away from a team with strong home run power to a defense and speed team in a modern era where big bats dominate seemed the head scratching strategy it played out to be. Unfortunately they've now blown through a big chunk of their prime window runway and will have to retool in a lot of areas.

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
Super disappointing season
they aren't a deep enough team to compete if one of their 2 stars doesn't have a good season. Vladdy was great, Bo basically injured or slumping the entire year. Starting pitching was solid, bullpen was kind of all over the place. No one else stepped up. I really do not like Shapiro/Atkins, I want them out, but doubt they will be. Not sure why there is any reason to expect the winter/offseason to go any different than last offseason.

Reactions: JeffSkinner53

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Any predictions on the upcoming series starting tonight?

I like the Tigers, but Houston knows how to win.

Orioles should win, but KC is a team on the rise. Bobby Witt Jr. is my absolute favourite player not wearing pinstripes.

Mets and Brew Crew will be close. Milwaukee has produced offence this year, which will help. Will come down to pitching.

The Padres should crush the banged up Braves.

I was told that Ross Atkins is a better GM than Brian Cashman. ;)
Nope, wrong. They're both shit.

You on the other hand, were saying the Yankees had the best team in baseball the last decade.

Last edited:
Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Watching this Tigers-Astro game and can honestly say I am disappointed in the lack of garbage can banging.

Minor league effort.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad