Blue Jays/MLB 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Guerrero has been on an amazing run. Other than total home runs he now has his batting numbers very close to those of the year he was second in the MVP voting. His OPS+ is actually higher this year than it was that year as hitting is down quite a bit across the league.

Post the allstar game he has a .415 BA and an OPS of 1.346. Only Judge has a higher OPS at 1.434.

Given all of the young infielders I really wonder if the Jays don't seriously explore moving Bo. It might not be the best time to do it this off season but before his next deal he could well be the guy to go.

Last edited:

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Guerrero has been on an amazing run. Other than total home runs he now has his batting numbers very close to those of the year he was second in the MVP voting. His OPS+ is actually higher this year than it was that year as hitting is down quite a bit across the league.

Post the allstar game he has a .415 BA and an OPS of 1.346. Only Judge has a higher OPS at 1.434.

Given all of the young infielders I really wonder if the Jays don't seriously explore moving Bo. It might not be the best time to do it this off season but before his next deal he could well be the guy to go.
Issue with moving Bo is you are selling at absolute rock bottom. Love seeing Vlad doing vlad things and having fun again.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

The guys on TSN have been hinting for weeks that Bo doesn’t appear to be in the Jays long term plans anymore and they’ve started suggesting that it’s Bo that wants out. I haven’t followed the team as closely as I usually do this year so I haven’t been hearing the daily talk all season enough to know whether or not that’s true but it is what they’ve been putting out lately.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
The guys on TSN have been hinting for weeks that Bo doesn’t appear to be in the Jays long term plans anymore and they’ve started suggesting that it’s Bo that wants out. I haven’t followed the team as closely as I usually do this year so I haven’t been hearing the daily talk all season enough to know whether or not that’s true but it is what they’ve been putting out lately.
I get that vibe as well. In fact, even early on it seemed like Bo's place on the team was more tenuous than in past years. Perhaps the negotiations for his extensions triggered a more circumspect view of the team's long term plans.

Reactions: rboomercat90

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Sox and jays split! Like I called it

You all owe me a beer. I’ll try to get down to Edmonton this weekend!

Meet at the ol spaghetti factory… say… Saturday at 1:38 p.m. ?

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
For a team that was supposed to focus on defence and pitching this Blue Jays squad sure pisses away a lot of 5+ run leads.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
For a team that was supposed to focus on defence and pitching this Blue Jays squad sure pisses away a lot of 5+ run leads.
It's not really the same team as the one with that focus. I can't believe I am saying this but these young guys have me somewhat optimistic. This off season will be telling, but unlike about 2 months ago I now think this team can retool quickly if they can address few things by next spring.

Stauf4Prez

Designated Survivor
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
It's not really the same team as the one with that focus. I can't believe I am saying this but these young guys have me somewhat optimistic. This off season will be telling, but unlike about 2 months ago I now think this team can retool quickly if they can address few things by next spring.
I too think this burst of youth will look good. One or two moves in the bullpen this offseason, healthy Bichette, next year looks promising. My concern is Schneider, and always will be Schneider. He had the luxury of leaning on vets for a few years and it always bit him in the ass, will be curious about his deployment and thought process with young talent. That is what the future hinges on IMO.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

I agree with that. Vladdy turning things around certainly helps too.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I don’t think I’ve seen a bullpen waste a start like that so spectacularly.

Francis is probably imagining their lightly salted faces frying on a skillet.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I don’t think I’ve seen a bullpen waste a start like that so spectacularly.

Francis is probably imagining their lightly salted faces frying on a skillet.
Yeah that was pathetic. Green sure looked like a closer pitching in a game that wasn’t a save situation. Looked like he didn’t want to be in there. At least Francis doesn’t get the loss for that. I turned the Channel after the 6th run. I don’t even know what the final score was.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yeah that was pathetic. Green sure looked like a closer pitching in a game that wasn’t a save situation. Looked like he didn’t want to be in there. At least Francis doesn’t get the loss for that. I turned the Channel after the 6th run. I don’t even know what the final score was.
Unfortunate. Green has been very good this year for the Jays, and had a burp this afternoon. Well, maybe more like a vomit. Projectile style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad