Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Im thinking my new thread title is "Who gives a F***, 7-0 baby". This is not a clean game but getting it done when we need.

Absolutely. There's obviously things to work on but when we've got back to back Grey Cups and we're 7-0 they can get some slack :laugh:

If we had a losing record the heat would be on but who even cares, we're (probably) 7-0.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I kind of like the not winning pretty - team just gets it done

Schoen is basically Ellington 2.0

Oli still not blowing me away

Legghio and Castillo have about the same percentage I think

Hash tags didn’t open up the offence - who knew

Bombers depth looking good

Collaros still the best QB under pressure - but we miss couture and oli could block a lot better

Bighill and willieJ definitely not losing a step

A healthy team is scary
Bailey-schoen-Demski-Ellingson-agudosi

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Sad to see such an empty stadium in deadmonton when they used to always lead the league in attendance
So very true, and if my memory serves me right, I think Edmonton used to get 60,000 at some games at Commonwealth. Also look at all the empty seats in Toronto, like they get 12 -14,000 fans in. That is pathetic.

As much as some people are trying desperately to keep the CFL alive, there just is not the interest in this league anymore ? It's been slowly dwindling down to the ashes over the last 15 years, and I'm surprised it's still operating, and owners are willing to bite the bullet and swallow the tab. It won't go on for long.

They need to put people in the seats, and now with the NHL in most cities, the NFL down south, basketball and baseball in Toronto, plus major league soccer, I question whether this league will be around much longer. I don't think so.

Thru the 1950's and 1960's the CFL for Canadians was basically the only game in town, but things have changed. It's a mater of time now.

Reactions: WolfgangPuck

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
So very true, and if my memory serves me right, I think Edmonton used to get 60,000 at some games at Commonwealth. Also look at all the empty seats in Toronto, like they get 12 -14,000 fans in. That is pathetic.

As much as some people are trying desperately to keep the CFL alive, there just is not the interest in this league anymore ? It's been slowly dwindling down to the ashes over the last 15 years, and I'm surprised it's still operating, and owners are willing to bite the bullet and swallow the tab. It won't go on for long.

They need to put people in the seats, and now with the NHL in most cities, the NFL down south, basketball and baseball in Toronto, plus major league soccer, I question whether this league will be around much longer. I don't think so.

Thru the 1950's and 1960's the CFL for Canadians was basically the only game in town, but things have changed. It's a mater of time now.
Macocia singlehandedly bankrupting the cfl… Montréal you’re up

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I kind of like the not winning pretty - team just gets it done

Schoen is basically Ellington 2.0

Oli still not blowing me away

Legghio and Castillo have about the same percentage I think

Hash tags didn’t open up the offence - who knew

Bombers depth looking good

Collaros still the best QB under pressure - but we miss couture and oli could block a lot better

Bighill and willieJ definitely not losing a step

A healthy team is scary
Bailey-schoen-Demski-Ellingson-agudosi

Wolitarsky will start all year no matter what. Right now the Bombers will be in a pinch when Alexander returns. Malcolm Thompson is at best Taylor Loffler, and we saw the effect of Alexander when he replaced Loffler. But that leaves them a starter short on Canadians, at least until Demski returns. Agudosi I think will find himself on the roster, but as a backup.

I agree with your Bighill/Willie point. Those guys by rights should be losing a step but they certainly aren't. Honestly in 2019 at times I thought Bighill might be washed. But he continues to impress. That guy must love the gym.

Liegghio on FG is actually quite a bit better than Castillo this year. His big problem has been XP, but he was 3/3 tonight. I don't have any data but it feels like he's much better on them on the road than at home this year? Seriously it just feels mental. Which is why I've never boo'd him, and I won't. I think Liegghio is the next Harjullarhu. I hope we retain him long term, unlike when we unceremoniously dumped him.

Schoen in pre-season was a guy, and I swear this is true, I told my fiancee and dad that this guy looks like an Ellingson clone. He's not super fast, he's not super big, he doesn't have unreal hands, he just looks like a guy who finds space. And he right now is the odds on favourite to win rookie of the year.

Oliveira had his best game of the year. I have tempered my expectations no doubt. I honestly thought the Oliveira/Augustine backfield would be the best in the league. It hasn't happened no doubt. But I don't think you can be to upset about tonight's game. He did what he needed to do tonight.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Wolitarsky will start all year no matter what. Right now the Bombers will be in a pinch when Alexander returns. Malcolm Thompson is at best Taylor Loffler, and we saw the effect of Alexander when he replaced Loffler. But that leaves them a starter short on Canadians, at least until Demski returns. Agudosi I think will find himself on the roster, but as a backup.

I agree with your Bighill/Willie point. Those guys by rights should be losing a step but they certainly aren't. Honestly in 2019 at times I thought Bighill might be washed. But he continues to impress. That guy must love the gym.

Liegghio on FG is actually quite a bit better than Castillo this year. His big problem has been XP, but he was 3/3 tonight. I don't have any data but it feels like he's much better on them on the road than at home this year? Seriously it just feels mental. Which is why I've never boo'd him, and I won't. I think Liegghio is the next Harjullarhu. I hope we retain him long term, unlike when we unceremoniously dumped him.

Schoen in pre-season was a guy, and I swear this is true, I told my fiancee and dad that this guy looks like an Ellingson clone. He's not super fast, he's not super big, he doesn't have unreal hands, he just looks like a guy who finds space. And he right now is the odds on favourite to win rookie of the year.

Oliveira had his best game of the year. I have tempered my expectations no doubt. I honestly thought the Oliveira/Augustine backfield would be the best in the league. It hasn't happened no doubt. But I don't think you can be to upset about tonight's game. He did what he needed to do tonight.
Ratio isn't even a concern at this point. Bombers had two DI's on roster this week on O, one played less than 10 snaps (McCrae) and the other (Harrison) didn't play on O at all even with Agudosi going out.

Also getting Briggs and Demski back. I think they'll drop the WIL backer and roll with the Canadians plus Maruo to slot in Alexander, but even there can flip a DI onto D.

Need to fill the practice roster though haven't been back filling injuries and getting really thin,

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ratio isn't even a concern at this point. Bombers had two DI's on roster this week on O, one played less than 10 snaps (McCrae) and the other (Harrison) didn't play on O at all even with Agudosi going out.

Also getting Briggs and Demski back. I think they'll drop the WIL backer and roll with the Canadians plus Maruo to slot in Alexander, but even there can flip a DI onto D.

Need to fill the practice roster though haven't been back filling injuries and getting really thin,

I don't disagree here per se. But the 7 starters today are Thomas, Thompson, Wolitarsky, Oliveira, Neufeld, Kolankowski, Gray. Alexander is coming back to replace Thompson in the next 2-6 weeks they need another starter. That is going to be obviously Demski moving off Agudosi/Grant starting spot.

I love Maruo. I don't think you'll find a bigger fan than me. I don't think he can be a full-time WIL. Neither can Briggs. Nor anyone else on the roster. Clements so far has been up and down, but I don't think Briggs, Maruo, Gauthier in any way can fill in there.

I agree that the Bombers need more depth, particularly with Canadians on PR. But overall I'm not too concerned.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I don't disagree here per se. But the 7 starters today are Thomas, Thompson, Wolitarsky, Oliveira, Neufeld, Kolankowski, Gray. Alexander is coming back to replace Thompson in the next 2-6 weeks they need another starter. That is going to be obviously Demski moving off Agudosi/Grant starting spot.

I love Maruo. I don't think you'll find a bigger fan than me. I don't think he can be a full-time WIL. Neither can Briggs. Nor anyone else on the roster. Clements so far has been up and down, but I don't think Briggs, Maruo, Gauthier in any way can fill in there.

I agree that the Bombers need more depth, particularly with Canadians on PR. But overall I'm not too concerned.
Yeah you move Thompson's "starting" spot to a roving spot that's WIL/DIME/DL sometimes with Lawson and Thomas both out especially when they run that modified 46 front with 5 lineman. Thompson still has a role, Ford might grow into one, Briggs plays a lot of D snaps, Gauthier plays a lot when they go into 30 fronts with Bighill shifting out as more of a rover to the field.

It's not too tricky. You don't need to run 7 guys in the same position all game, just have to declare how many will be on field each play on O and D.

My bigger concern right now is how they are using (or not using) the DI spots. If guys like McCrae and Harrison can't play a role get better guys in.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad