Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Nothing earth shattering but definately some surprises. Most notable RB Kyle Borsa. Very surprised he was released. Ill dig into a bit more later today.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Kozwara and Borsa for me and the fact it looks like Legghio is going to do all the kicking. Also I thought that 2 Global's had to be on the active roster.

Reactions: Andy6

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So to open the 2022 Season Bombers look like (rough depth chart based on who's on roster)

QB
1. Zach Collaros
2. Dakota Prukop
3. Dru Brown

RB
1a. Brady Oliveira
1b. Johnny Augustine

FB
1. Mike Miller

WR
1. Greg Ellingson
2. Rasheed Bailey
3. Nic Demski
4. Janarion Grant
5. Drew Wolitarsky
6. Dalton Schoen
7. Kelvin McKnight
8. Brendan O'Leary-Orange

OL
LT Stanley Bryant
LG Geoff Gray
C Michael Couture
RG Patrick Neufeld
RT Jamarcus Hardrick
6. Liam Dobson
7. Chris Kolankowski

DE
1. Willie Jefferson
2. Jackson Jeffcoat
3. Cedric Wilcots III
4. LB Mack

DT
1. Casey Sayles
2. Jake Thomas
3. Ricky Walker
4. Cameron Lawson

LB
1. Adam Bighill
2. Kyrie Wilson
3. Malik Clements
4. Jesse Briggs
5. Shayne Gauthier
6. Les Maruo
7. Tanner Cadwallader

DB
BCB Winston Rose
BHB Deatrick Nichols
S Nick Hallett
FHB Nick Taylor
FCB Tyqwan Glass
SLB Donald Rutledge Jr
7. Demerio Houston
8. Tyrell Ford
9. Redha Kramdi
10. Malcolm Thompson

ST
K/P Marc Liegghio
LS Mike Benson

That's 48 and roster has to be 45 or 46 (I don't have confirmation on roster rules yet). So expect some adjustments for game day yet. My guess is Brown and McKnight find their way to injury lists as season opens.

Everyone else on roster I'm pretty sure if heading to injury lists to start the year. That's
OL Drew Richmond
S Noah Hallett
S Brandon Alexander
DB Mercy Maston

PR
DB Soulermane Karamako
OL Tomoya Machino
DB Evan Holm
DB Cedrick Lavigne
DB Jamal Parker
DB Patrice Rene
FB Konner Burtenshaw
K Ali Mourtada
OL Cameron Durley
OL Eric Lofton
RB Greg McCrae
WR Tavaris Harrison

Suspended List
P Tom Hackett
WR Carlton Agudosi

Perhaps the biggest surprise to me making the team is Kelvin McKnight. I didn't see him at all the in the pre-season and I just don't really get it with him. He didn't show all that much last year, I am pretty shocked he made the team over what appeared to be some of the more promising rookie WR's in camp. Rookie WR's do tend to drift around CFL before they catch on though. I'm sure many didn't realize that Kenny Lawler did the same, attending a try-out with someone, then ended up in camp with BC, before drifting to Winnipeg's PR before finally getting his chance. So a chance we see some of the training camp guys pop back up here or elsewhere in the future.

As I mentioned Saturday cutting Borsa was a shock to many. IMO, it's very possible that Borsa declined a PR spot. He might think he can catch on with his hometown Riders due to their poor RB position. The rest of cuts is a collection of undrafted/late drafted canadians (some which I heard buzz about potentially making team like Mezzalira, Ciguineau, Valvano, Koczwara but they were still long shots) and rookie americans some of which might still pop up here or elsewhere (WR Lucky Jackson, DB Jermaine Ponder, WR TJ Simmons, DT Kenny Randall). But no one of note.

Around the league there was not alot of shockers released. WR Quan Bray, WR BJ Cunningham, DB Trumaine Washington are probably the biggest names. With the Bombers right up against cap at the moment and very few holes don't expect the Bombers to be making many adjustments to pick up any players from elsewhere. I expect this to be roughly the roster run out on Friday.

Anyways, can't wait to get this going this year! Go Bombers!

Last edited:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
So I'm thinking of going to the Bombers home opener and doing one of those cheaper "standing room only" things I've heard about.. where you hang out and watch the game in kind of an 'outdoor patio' setting. Can anyone give me the 4-1-1 on how that works, whether or not it's a sucker bet, stuff like that?

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
So I'm thinking of going to the Bombers home opener and doing one of those cheaper "standing room only" things I've heard about.. where you hang out and watch the game in kind of an 'outdoor patio' setting. Can anyone give me the 4-1-1 on how that works, whether or not it's a sucker bet, stuff like that?
Always empty seats available in the North end zone if you don’t want to stand and hang with the Rum Hut crowd.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I'm actually thinking I want to hang with the Rum Hut crowd ;) or is there another zone that's like that, but better?
Well, as a matter of fact, there is...

84990722_614.jpg

;)

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm actually thinking I want to hang with the Rum Hut crowd ;) or is there another zone that's like that, but better?

Nah its a good time there. The Jim Bean standing ticket gives you a free drink as well. Lots of good views of the game as well standing at the top.

I have attended two games watching the Bombers at New Mosaic in the "Pil Zone"...

Both times I booked standing spots on the very top corner... views were good...

The younger crowd mingles and parties... the locals were good to us both times...

Was really quite cool...

When we attended pil zone it was awful. No concessions nearby, no washrooms. And i had to fight all game to stay in our spots. Was really uncomfortable. :dunno:

Last edited:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nah its a good time there. The Jim Bean standing ticket gives you a free drink as well. Lots of good views of the game as well standing at the top.

When we attended pil zone it was awful. No concessions nearby, no washrooms. And i had to fight all game to stay in our spots. Was really uncomfortable. :dunno:

Not sure what happened to you...

Lots of concession stands just above us... washrooms as well...

And no jostling...

Must be you Holden... :laugh:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Okay, so, you've got a fresh recruit to this whole "social viewing zone" thing. Someone pitch me on which way I should go, anyone who sells me on it, I'll buy you a round this weekend :)

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Not sure what happened to you...

Lots of concession stands just above us... washrooms as well...

And no jostling...

Must be you Holden... :laugh:

It was year 1 they opened i believe, but the endzone was completely empty up top. Just empty space. Only concessions and washrooms were at the 55 yard line. Far too many people in there as well, as someone whos 6'3" i kept getting asked or tried to be pushed to stand in back cause "your tall let short people in front". I paid the same as anyone else so i said screw em. But it was really really awful, and if i ever go to Labour day again it wont be in that mess thats for sure haha.

This year we're going to Vancouver for the Bombers-Lions game in October. Me and the fiancee are trying to hit every stadium over the next 5-7 years.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It was year 1 they opened i believe, but the endzone was completely empty up top. Just empty space. Only concessions and washrooms were at the 55 yard line. Far too many people in there as well, as someone whos 6'3" i kept getting asked or tried to be pushed to stand in back cause "your tall let short people in front". I paid the same as anyone else so i said screw em. But it was really really awful, and if i ever go to Labour day again it wont be in that mess thats for sure haha.

This year we're going to Vancouver for the Bombers-Lions game in October. Me and the fiancee are trying to hit every stadium over the next 5-7 years.
The two times I went... washrooms open in end zone either side of section and two beer/drink stands adjacent said washrooms...

Also they instituted a bracelet ID for end zone... limiting the numbers to standing room paid for in the section...

Attendants on either end checking for bracelets...

You had a free-for-all the year you were there...

I'm 6'2" and My buddy with me was 6' 4"... no one was foolish enough to stand behind us and everyone had a spot to stand... they mingled freely though...

Worked well...

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

New local owners in BC doing well. In 2019 Lions never got above 21K fans and never above about 13k in 2021 (COVID restrictions though). Lower bowl holds around 25K, so this will be the biggest attendance in Vancouver in quite awhile. Great to see.

There's doom and gloom from a certain vocal minority, but the CFL is just really kicking those assholes in the teeth so far this year, despite the brief labour uncertainty this spring. Victor Cui is doing great out in Edmonton as well. It's really just Argos still having any kind of trouble.

Reactions: thereturn

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

I’m hoping the Bombers can play in TD Atlantic in the next few years. That would be a grand ol’ time.

New local owners in BC doing well. In 2019 Lions never got above 21K fans and never above about 13k in 2021 (COVID restrictions though). Lower bowl holds around 25K, so this will be the biggest attendance in Vancouver in quite awhile. Great to see.

There's doom and gloom from a certain vocal minority, but the CFL is just really kicking those assholes in the teeth so far this year, despite the brief labour uncertainty this spring. Victor Cui is doing great out in Edmonton as well. It's really just Argos still having any kind of trouble.

Pretty impressive honestly considering the Lions are gonna be a shitass team again this year.

The Torontonians in my office share with me that most in Toronto see the CFL as beneath them, and a good portion of the others are Ti-Cat fans. I think Toronto is always gonna struggle to get attendance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad